mdjames0001

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Jive Time

Posted 23 April 2024 - 02:37 AM

Hi all. I realize I've been so busy, head down on my cabinet build that I haven't introduced myself.

I'm Michael, I'm a computer nerd in Northern Virginia (NOVA). I built a Williams Widebody with an extra wide back box all from scratch.
I have access to the Makersmiths makerspace where I cut the maple plywood sheets, did the lock miter joints on the corners and did some of the routing on the equipment there. Version 2.0 will use the CNC router that takes 4x8 sheets.

As soon as I figure out how to post an album of photos I'll post the in progress shots.

For hardware I would like to thank:
- Philip Ellis at Cleveland Software Designs for his PinOne mini board, high power SSF kit, service board, plunger, and button set.

- Paul Maletich at Virtuapin for the Ultimate Widebody Cab Builder's kit which had the hardware I needed (a couple of mods to the standard kit)

I made the cabinet out of Maple Plywood and used MJRs Pinscape Build Guide. I have some comments on it, but not sure how to organize them. Mainly that the measurements are very exact because he is trying to put together a reproduction cabinet. There are many place where the measurements don't have to be THAT exact.

I started by build by lasercutting a cabinet out of cardboard from Costco. That gave me some ideas of dimensions, height, how well monitors fit in, etc. Since the cardboard is free, it's a good way to test it out before building with an $85.00 sheet of plywood.

I'll keep updating this as I go. Trying to get photos loaded up now.

Michael

Album: vPinMonster Build
0 images
0 comments

Edited by mdjames0001, 23 April 2024 - 03:53 AM.

Michel, Reston, VA

Virtual Pinball Build - In Progress

- vPinMonster - currently a TechoPop look with monitor mounts on an old Gaming desk frame.

#2 Todd

Todd

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Slamt1lt's Blade Runner Ultimate 1.04!

Posted 23 April 2024 - 02:41 AM

Welcome! This is completely unrelated, but I live in Florida and work for Reston Hospital remotely. Not sure why I even felt the need to post this, but I guess your post caught my eye. I've never been there, but the people I work with that live there are pretty nice.

#3 mdjames0001

mdjames0001

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Jive Time

Posted 23 April 2024 - 03:56 AM

Hey! that's cool, I work remotely and some of the stuff I do is in Florida. I think it's a pretty chill area, so most of the people I meet are pretty nice. Or I only hang with nice people...could go either way.  :D

Michel, Reston, VA

Virtual Pinball Build - In Progress

- vPinMonster - currently a TechoPop look with monitor mounts on an old Gaming desk frame.