arkehr

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Champion Pub

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:16 PM

This is looking great, but I ran into a problem when trying it out. No ball spawns when I hit play in the unity editor. I've been following the setup guide in the docs. I did my best to do everything exactly as described and it all seems to be working, but when I bring in a blank table from Visual Pinball I can move the flippers, but no ball appears. I do get a ball when I run the same table using standalone old Visual Pinball. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Is there some dedicated place or thread for questions like these?

#802 freezy

freezy

Member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

• Favorite Pinball: T2, TOM, AFM

Posted 15 February 2022 - 07:22 PM

Yes, we got a forum here!

I must admit that it has been a while since I tested with the default table. And I have already received reports describing your problem. I'll have a look once I merge my current branches back to master (next few days).

#803 JLPicard001

JLPicard001

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Theatre of Magic

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:10 PM

Cool, so an open source original game that you want to put on Steam? What's the theme? Are you going to monetize it somehow?

Steam and iOS/Android, I just want it to be very accessible to everyone.
Yes, I have a theme, it's awesome, and I cant wait to announce it when I'm ready. -I'm really trying to design and layout a cabinet that pays respect to pinball game design but, that's slow to achieve when it's your first cabinet and you have no wisdom for it, lol.
Yes, I do have a plan to monetize it while also keeping it free.

And... the other shoe drops...

#804 Fizzletop

Fizzletop

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Stranger Things

Posted 17 February 2022 - 06:58 PM

Cool, so an open source original game that you want to put on Steam? What's the theme? Are you going to monetize it somehow?

Steam and iOS/Android, I just want it to be very accessible to everyone.
Yes, I have a theme, it's awesome, and I cant wait to announce it when I'm ready. -I'm really trying to design and layout a cabinet that pays respect to pinball game design but, that's slow to achieve when it's your first cabinet and you have no wisdom for it, lol.
Yes, I do have a plan to monetize it while also keeping it free.

And... the other shoe drops...

Did you miss the part where I said while keeping it free?... And getting an iOS, android, and steam build out is fair amount of work and a bit of cost just in developer fees. So I don't think it's unreasonable to try to make those back in a way that doesn't effect the game or communities integrity. 

#805 BlackHole1980

BlackHole1980

Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 5 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Blackhole

Posted 06 June 2022 - 04:05 PM

Hi freezy thanks for the create work . I have install the unity and go the steps by step from your Website VPE by me not comes Visual Pinball in the Engine . What make i m false . THX for Help

#806 PinBallHarry

PinBallHarry

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: adac

Posted 12 June 2022 - 05:36 PM

Hi, I have the same problem as BlackHole1980 ;-). The Visual Pinball menu is not created/displayed. How can I manually import the VPX files?

Edited by PinBallHarry, 12 June 2022 - 05:39 PM.

#807 blindpeser

blindpeser

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• Favorite Pinball: WCS94

Posted 23 July 2022 - 06:44 AM

Great news!!

https://vpuniverse.c...dition/page/12/

#808 Nate D

Nate D

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 19 February 2023 - 06:25 PM

So, with segmented displays & DMD displays, how are tdisplay ransitions going to be handled and implemented, and will custom transitions for displays be available at some point? (The custom transitions should be a requested feature that can be added at a later time)  and I asked this question out of curiosity.

Edited by Nate D, 19 February 2023 - 06:27 PM.

#809 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 01 May 2023 - 09:52 PM

Just curious as to new info about this awesome project.  Just want to make sure its still being worked on or planning on being worked on.  I know time is precious.

#810 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,063 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 01 May 2023 - 10:47 PM

Just curious as to new info about this awesome project.  Just want to make sure its still being worked on or planning on being worked on.  I know time is precious.

It is, but less updates being posted on the thread at VPU.

Here's some recent changes https://github.com/f....Engine/actions

Pinball Addict

#811 gabole2

gabole2

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 21 January 2024 - 02:37 PM

hello,just came accross this topic as i just installed unity and vpe packages. before going any further, i would like to be sure the project is active as of today, and if this is actually a thing to use this platform for table development

thank you

#812 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 21 January 2024 - 06:08 PM

Here is a recent update

https://vpuniverse.c...-in-unity-2024/

#813 Ace of spades pinbal

Ace of spades pinbal

AceOfSpadesProduc100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ?

Posted 25 April 2024 - 07:35 PM

Could there be something like that for FP tables? Someone said something about BAM being probably involved, but the only interop that I remember is a Blender plugin to import FP tables and models that only works with 2.7 or below.

#814 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,822 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:04 PM

Could there be something like that for FP tables? Someone said something about BAM being probably involved, but the only interop that I remember is a Blender plugin to import FP tables and models that only works with 2.7 or below.

Yes, it could be "possible" to import FP tables to VPE the same as you could VP tables (It was mentioned long ago). It would need work to allow that to happen.

That said, just like with any VP romless table, once imported, you are essentially rebuilding the table as it has little to nothing to do with either VP or FP at that point. It's now a VPE table that would require all new code, etc. Despite the "visual pinball" name... the only thing in common the (VP or FP) table would have with VP at that point would be the physics, and not much else.