RyKnocks

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Sorcerer's Lair

Posted 30 June 2023 - 07:07 AM

Just resurrecting this one a little. Any progress on this?

#22 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 30 June 2023 - 11:32 AM

Just resurrecting this one a little. Any progress on this?

Some, but not enough.  I have game selection working and on a couple of games triggers for bumpers / slings.  I am experiencing a lack of consistency between games for the old memory mapping method to be effective at present.  Currently working on a different approach.  Still keen to get a result, but nothing meaningful to report at present.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#23 Ashram56

Ashram56

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Tron Legacy

Posted 06 July 2023 - 07:08 AM

Many thanks in any case for your involvment. 

PinballFX uses Unreal Engine, which as far as I know manage memory dynamically, so identifying the correct memory mapping is challenging, since you need to identify first where the memory block starts in the first place, it can change between sessions. At least that's the case in arcade, where they want to identify mapping to hook toys to games using Mamehooker.

Just curious though, did you engage with Zen directly ? Maybe they would be keen on providing some kind of telemetry data, in an official manner ?

Cheers

#24 mazzaneo

mazzaneo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek The Next Generation

Posted 06 July 2023 - 02:31 PM

Many thanks in any case for your involvment. 

PinballFX uses Unreal Engine, which as far as I know manage memory dynamically, so identifying the correct memory mapping is challenging, since you need to identify first where the memory block starts in the first place, it can change between sessions. At least that's the case in arcade, where they want to identify mapping to hook toys to games using Mamehooker.

Just curious though, did you engage with Zen directly ? Maybe they would be keen on providing some kind of telemetry data, in an official manner ?

Cheers

From what Ive heard they should be very accommodating to you as they are openly hoping to appease VP users.

#25 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 20 July 2023 - 03:43 AM

If you run DOFLinx with DEBUG=1 in your DOFLinx.INI file what happens when you use the right-click test output for device #1, output #1 and output #2 ?

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#26 mazzaneo

mazzaneo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 August 2023 - 08:13 PM

If you run DOFLinx with DEBUG=1 in your DOFLinx.INI file what happens when you use the right-click test output for device #1, output #1 and output #2 ?

I wish I could help you with this but Im not sure I understood the question. You may be too smart for my limited brain capacity! 🤦‍♂

#27 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 25 August 2023 - 09:06 AM

I wish I could help you with this but Im not sure I understood the question. You may be too smart for my limited brain capacity! ‍♂

Or maybe at some stage I just replied to the wrong thread  :bar4: sorry.  Anyway, still working an angle on this for others who are still following along.

DOFLinx

#28 mazzaneo

mazzaneo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 August 2023 - 04:45 PM

Im most definitely following. Thanks for trying!

Edited by mazzaneo, 26 August 2023 - 04:45 PM.

#29 jfichtner

jfichtner

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Tommy

Posted 22 September 2023 - 02:12 PM

I wish I could help you with this but Im not sure I understood the question. You may be too smart for my limited brain capacity! ‍♂

Or maybe at some stage I just replied to the wrong thread  :bar4: sorry.  Anyway, still working an angle on this for others who are still following along.

Hello DDH69! I have been out of the loop on all things VP for a while now, but I had configured the new Pinball FX when it first came out and was hoping the support you have been working on would eventually come, so I'm ELATED to see that you've made what looks to be some really good progress over the last few months!

I was just curious if there were any new updates, or if there are any other threads where I could follow the progress. I would also like to donate to the cause, so if you could point me in that direction it would also be much appreciated!

Thanks SO MUCH for helping to make this hobby so much fun!

#30 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 10:09 AM

Hello DDH69! I have been out of the loop on all things VP for a while now, but I had configured the new Pinball FX when it first came out and was hoping the support you have been working on would eventually come, so I'm ELATED to see that you've made what looks to be some really good progress over the last few months!

I was just curious if there were any new updates, or if there are any other threads where I could follow the progress. I would also like to donate to the cause, so if you could point me in that direction it would also be much appreciated!

Thanks SO MUCH for helping to make this hobby so much fun!

Still working on the FX side of things.  This is the best place to follow.  I'm working with a third party and things have slowed for a short while.

If you wish donate just click on the link in the footer below.

DOFLinx

#31 Garyl38

Garyl38

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Adams Family

Posted 18 October 2023 - 07:04 PM

Hi DDH, any news on the progress? Also if worked out for FX do you think it the same principle/ method will be the same for pinball M? Guessing its similar. Many thanks and Sorry to be a pest

Edited by Garyl38, 18 October 2023 - 07:10 PM.

#32 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 19 October 2023 - 11:27 AM

Yes, still working on it.  For the time being I don't want to elaborate too much more.

The same method will be possible with other emulators.  Once FX is either working, or worked through to its logical conclusion, I'll explain how we can work through this with various emulators.

DOFLinx

#33 mazzaneo

mazzaneo

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2023 - 07:36 AM

What news my friend? Im assuming its not so straight forward !

Yes, still working on it.  For the time being I don't want to elaborate too much more.

The same method will be possible with other emulators.  Once FX is either working, or worked through to its logical conclusion, I'll explain how we can work through this with various emulators.

#34 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 08 December 2023 - 05:43 AM

Now waiting a third party, will have to poke them soon.

DOFLinx

#35 thedetoxie

thedetoxie

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: South Africa

• Favorite Pinball: Zen

Posted 08 December 2023 - 04:36 PM

Now waiting a third party, will have to poke them soon.

Pinball FX is shaping up nicely with the new patches, would be amazing to get some additional feedback with doflinx. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. 

#36 djgeojoe

djgeojoe

Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 24 December 2023 - 02:00 PM

The suspense is palpable

#37 Garyl38

Garyl38

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 December 2023 - 08:59 PM

DDH69 Any news from the 3rd parties? Or is it top secret? Loving the new tables from pinball FX and Pinball M, but dont feel the same without DOFlinx and SSF.. sorry for being a pest.. many thanks

#38 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 29 December 2023 - 09:13 AM

DDH69 Any news from the 3rd parties? Or is it top secret? Loving the new tables from pinball FX and Pinball M, but dont feel the same without DOFlinx and SSF.. sorry for being a pest.. many thanks

Nothing yet.  I have reached out to see if there is any progress, I suspect the holiday season will slow any reply.

DOFLinx

#39 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 20 January 2024 - 04:38 AM

So about a year on from Pinball FX release ... don't lose faith just yet!

DOFLinx

#40 Garyl38

Garyl38

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2024 - 07:04 PM

Looks like something hopefully happening.
Just going by zen/pinball fx on facebook comments on posts. Fingers crossed their hinting at things 🤞