243 replies to this topic

#21 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 24 August 2020 - 09:17 PM

Yea, you just need to change that line so hidden = 1 as you wont need the LED display with 2+ screens even in desktop mode

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#22 BlackPredator72

BlackPredator72

I ❤ Pinball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Demolition Man

• PS3 Gamer Tag: BlackPredator72
  • 360 Gamer Tag: BlackPredator72

Posted 25 August 2020 - 12:09 PM

Yea, you just need to change that line so hidden = 1 as you wont need the LED display with 2+ screens even in desktop mode

For people with PinDMD or PIN 2 DMD you have to untick this to disable the "default" DMD, so only the FlexDMD is visible:

heavy.png

43327.png?1581090420

#23 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:47 AM

weisshund, Thanks for this table (This table idea was actually on the back burner for me and a bud, since I love the movie so much).  I think you should update your script a little.  You should just have a variable or const at the beginning specifying if UltraDMD is used or not and FlexDMD.  something like this

Const UseFlexDMD = True 'False to turn off

Const UseUltraDMD = False 'True to turn on 

then later in the script you can use  something lilke

If UseFlexDMD then

do whatever you need to do with flexDMD

End If

If UseUltraDMD then

do whatever

End If

That way uses don't need to modify more than 1 or 2 characters, right now I have to search through the script every update to change to UltraDMD, kinda PIA.

If you need more help PM me and I will do it for you.

#24 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 12:39 PM

weisshund, Thanks for this table (This table idea was actually on the back burner for me and a bud, since I love the movie so much).  I think you should update your script a little.  You should just have a variable or const at the beginning specifying if UltraDMD is used or not and FlexDMD.  something like this

Const UseFlexDMD = True 'False to turn off

Const UseUltraDMD = False 'True to turn on 

then later in the script you can use  something lilke

If UseFlexDMD then

do whatever you need to do with flexDMD

End If

If UseUltraDMD then

do whatever

End If

That way uses don't need to modify more than 1 or 2 characters, right now I have to search through the script every update to change to UltraDMD, kinda PIA.

If you need more help PM me and I will do it for you.

Or you could just use the noDMD script that comes with the table already?

If you dont want the dmd

And if you mean change the table from flexDMD to UltraDMD, it doesnt work exactly
UltraDMD does 4.1 aperture, only.
None of the media content is in 4.1 aperture, it's 720x404 which is what i lightboxed the laser disc at

everything is cropped off in ultraDMD

Not terribly impressive when the opening scene plays and all you see is the word Heavy

I did not make the table to use ultraDMD, i did not want to have to take the media and play 4.1 pan N scan on it
I put in the description specifically that it uses flexDMD

This
0OcTwDh.png

as opposed to this
h80lgNW.png

Edited by wiesshund, 02 September 2020 - 01:18 PM.

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

#25 STAT

STAT

Pinball and Arcade Freak

• VIP
  • 4,970 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 02 September 2020 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the Table - late to the Party, very busy at the Moment …

So if i want the "real Machine", i have to use … Version: Multiplayer 1.2.1 … for what is "Multiplayer" ?

And of Course, with the Change to "no DMD Script" … ?

#26 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:45 PM

weishund, ok didn't know that.  Trouble is I can only get UltraDMD working on my system now (not sure why).  I get no display with this table so I tried to turn off FlexDMD stuff in script and turn on UltraDMD.

When I run FlexDDMD helper app, it looks all good with FlexDMD.dll registered.   I do NOT have the option checked to have FlexDMD to be used instead of UltraDMD, should I?  Any ideas?  (running flex DMD 1.5)

OK figured some stuff out.  On my setup I turn off the DMD display in DMDDevice.ini by default, and only turn on ones that need a DMD.   

That is why this had no screen, so I enabled it and wham I had a Display with the cool heavy metal logo in the background.  I then had to turn off Use external DLL and all is good, thanks

DMD is awesome, great job, so glad I got it working to see your great work!

Now just waiting for HiRez's DirectB2s :)

Edited by Slydog43, 02 September 2020 - 07:13 PM.

#27 DarlimJ

DarlimJ

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Pinball: DE Time Machine

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:00 PM

Loving this table!

But getting 'gameplay halted UNCLEAN NVRAM' on the DMD?

Also, the music isn't always playing.

I've trashed the nv file but keep getting the error.

Also, seem to be hearing a loop of beeps throughout play.

Running 1.2.1 multiplayer.

Have flex installed, etc.

Any help appreciated.
Again, nice work!
Kudos.

#28 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:56 PM

Loving this table!

But getting 'gameplay halted UNCLEAN NVRAM' on the DMD?

Also, the music isn't always playing.

I've trashed the nv file but keep getting the error.

Also, seem to be hearing a loop of beeps throughout play.

Running 1.2.1 multiplayer.

Have flex installed, etc.

Any help appreciated.
Again, nice work!
Kudos.

The beeping is the sounds from the ROM
if you would rather not have them, hit F12 and put in a negative number, -32 would be all the way turned down.
Alternately you can hit F1 while table is running and uncheck use sound in pinmame settings.

Personally i leave them on, it occasionally plays some amusing i guess rowamet jingles and stuff, i just turn them down like -5

Unclean nv ram means you exited the table with a game in play
The Taito hardware rowamet used for these tables does not reset on power off, it comes back on with the game still in play.

All you have to do is shot the balls down the drain until the pinmame display says you have 0 balls left and the game over light comes on
then the table will reset, or you can delete the heavymtl.nv file, which ever you prefer.

To avoid it, simply finish the existing game before exiting the table.

Most other machines, if you exit the game, and restart the game later, the rom resets, this one does not.
So if you exit the table mid game and restart it later, the rom has a different idea of what is going on than the table script does

#29 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:21 AM

weishund, ok didn't know that.  Trouble is I can only get UltraDMD working on my system now (not sure why).  I get no display with this table so I tried to turn off FlexDMD stuff in script and turn on UltraDMD.

When I run FlexDDMD helper app, it looks all good with FlexDMD.dll registered.   I do NOT have the option checked to have FlexDMD to be used instead of UltraDMD, should I?  Any ideas?  (running flex DMD 1.5)

OK figured some stuff out.  On my setup I turn off the DMD display in DMDDevice.ini by default, and only turn on ones that need a DMD.   

That is why this had no screen, so I enabled it and wham I had a Display with the cool heavy metal logo in the background.  I then had to turn off Use external DLL and all is good, thanks

DMD is awesome, great job, so glad I got it working to see your great work!

Now just waiting for HiRez's DirectB2s :)

I am going to put up a version that has some user options
one of which is to use ultraDMD instead, but it wont be optimal as ultraDMD runs at a fixed 4.1 aperture
so it basically lops off either the top of bottom of the video (depending on how you set it to stretch)

Also give you the option to turn off the external FlexDMD or the UltraDMD virtual display (Dont think i can turn off the main ultraDMD display from the table script?)

And turn on or off the playfield DMD displays that show over the instruction cards (which only work with flexDMD) they give you a DMD inside the table
in case you dont have a 2nd monitor, want the DMD, but dont want a big DMD window popping up over everything.
You can play fullscreen, on a single screen, rotated, and still have  a DMD display.

Also put in an option of whether or not to show the pinmame score display since some people play desktop but dual screen and dont need it with a backglass
and some people play cabinet rotated but only 1 screen and so need a little pinmame display they can tuck into a corner

Also working on the scoring, though some aspects of the scoring that the ROM does, i can not quite figure out what it is doing, but i can get the feedback a lot closer
to what the rom says (minus what ever secret voodoo it is preforming, i poke a target once, it is 500 points, per the rom, i poke same target on a fresh restart, rom gives 600 points, next restart, it is 500 points again, i am sure there is a reason, i just do not know it yet)

Also reworking the physics materials, many objects are still carrying the VP9 over rides which does not give a lot of variety to reactions.
A long rubber band should of course have a different reaction than a rubber wrapped post

I did add collision sounds, but it was probably a bit pointless, as you cant hear then over the rest of the noise the table makes LOL 

#30 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 12:06 AM

1.2.2 is up with the above mentioned things

I am working on something a little odd now for it.
Not sure if much call for it, but i have been working on an FSS version of the table

WIP screen shot from laptop, do graphics settings are absolute lowest
Figured it might be fun for people who have single screen tabletop cabs and what not

I1R25Ac.pngLM7w4Tt.pngkOUhoM6.png

Edited by wiesshund, 09 September 2020 - 01:44 AM.

#31 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:57 AM

So if i want the "real Machine", i have to use … Version: Multiplayer 1.2.1 … for what is "Multiplayer" ?

And of Course, with the Change to "no DMD Script" … ?

The Table scripting and DMD acknowledge 4 people playing.
The ROM itself already works fine of course, you could strip the table of all the extras
The 1.0 version is pretty close to that.

#32 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:51 AM

So if i want the "real Machine", i have to use

Well now you did it, you made me go and get energetic

Doing an FSS version was going well, so then i decided, wonder how much of a problem would it be to strip it down to nearly the stock ROM table

Which is not going so bad.
So now i think what i am going to do is put a big block of options in the script, and try to do DT, FS, FSS,  Stock mostly unmodified, Modified with UltraDMD, and Modified with FlexDMD and with and without backglass modes, all in the same thing.

That should keep me busy for a while

#33 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:27 PM

1.3.3 update is up

#34 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:53 PM

Looking forward to it.  Wish someone had better resources for this table.   Anyone, anyone?

#35 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:17 PM

what kind of resources?

The only ones i have found are either pretty beat up and worn, or in pieces and derelict, if you mean a playfield scan, or the few plastics.

I'm working on the playfield and few few other things, but i'm no photoshop wiz (i dont even have photoshop) So it is taking a while

Edited by wiesshund, 12 September 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#36 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for the newest version.  Table looks a bit better, great job.   I think most people have their cabinets in a 270 rotation, so I would change that.  Also any reason you use 0 for yes and 1 for no (I was taught the opposite about 40 years ago).   Table has come SOOOOO far, great job!

#37 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:00 PM

Also any reason you use 0 for yes and 1 for no (I was taught the opposite about 40 years ago).   Table has come SOOOOO far, great job!

Because that's how the function itself works for a given thing in the VPX components itself.
I could trap the argument, in an argument and turn it around, but that is kind of bloated and redundant.

vpinmame.hidden=0 shows pinmame 1 hides it

So do you want to show pinmame, 0 = yes

I think most people have their cabinets in a 270 rotation, so I would change that.

I can't really do the screen layout well for anyone else, because my OS looks like this.
I'll type in 270 before saving, but your still going to have to adjust it

kouBTpM.png

#38 haggi

haggi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 277 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:08 PM

Thanks for the great implementation of the Heavy Metal (Rowamet 1983) table. The film and the soundtrack were great when I was young. And now the table in vpx. Thank you very much.

Everything is actually going well - Flexdmd, music. Backglass.

But I only get one ball at a time.

After quitting vpx and restarting the table, I get the next ball and so on. After five restarts, I have a full game. what do I have to change?

What do I have to change to play normally?

How can I turn off the notification when I start the game?

My last question: How can I turn up the music?

#39 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:34 AM

Thanks for the great implementation of the Heavy Metal (Rowamet 1983) table. The film and the soundtrack were great when I was young. And now the table in vpx. Thank you very much.

After quitting vpx and restarting the table, I get the next ball and so on. After five restarts, I have a full game. what do I have to change?

What notification?

Can you show a screen shot if it?
Because the only notification i can think of related to the table is the notification that tell you that you have not set your user options
and it directs you to open the scripts and set the user options, which are at the very top of the script and all have descriptions.

If you are getting something else, you are going to have to show me what it is.

The 1.3.5 table, the music should be louder than the table sounds, you could adjust the volume further in VPX's sound settings if you wanted.
You could load the MP3's up in audacity and apply the loudness normalization filter to them and re-export them, but i would not recommend going more that -8 or -10 to that filter, or you will have clipping and distortion

HqJSEGw.png

Edited by wiesshund, 15 September 2020 - 09:38 AM.

#40 haggi

haggi

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 277 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:59 PM

What notification?

Can you show a screen shot if it?
Because the only notification i can think of related to the table is the notification that tell you that you have not set your user options
and it directs you to open the scripts and set the user options, which are at the very top of the script and all have descriptions.

If you are getting something else, you are going to have to show me what it is.

The 1.3.5 table, the music should be louder than the table sounds, you could adjust the volume further in VPX's sound settings if you wanted.
You could load the MP3's up in audacity and apply the loudness normalization filter to them and re-export them, but i would not recommend going more that -8 or -10 to that filter, or you will have clipping and distortion

HqJSEGw.png

That's the notification I get at the beginning that I have to click away every time

sound_t.png

but that's a bit of a problem.

My big problem is why I can't play an entire game without restarting.
I've never had this problem before. I am at a loss.

I'll try that with the table sounds.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSF, FSS, Taito, Brazil, Rowamet, Heavy Metal, DOF