#21 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,063 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 20 May 2023 - 07:57 AM

I would rather wonder if OpenXR would be the way to continue.

Awesome that this has now reached beta. A huge thanks to all involved.

On the topic of  VR, is there any chance/discussion of native Quest 2 support at some point (or perhaps Quest 3) to enable the VR version to be run directly in the headset without the need for a PC?

Pinball Addict

#22 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 20 May 2023 - 08:01 AM

Might be possible going forward, but then we'd need a dev that would go through the effort (as its pretty niche at the moment IMHO).

#23 Affenkopp

Affenkopp

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 20 May 2023 - 09:21 AM

@mike
BAM ist running perfect. Only VPX GL is still buggy in my system. Width is 1, but the table is using 30 percent of the screen. Changing the values doesnt matter...

#24 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,201 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:07 AM

Odd. I had this issue in the begin, but thats fixed now.
Gl buggy ?? I use it for vr and BAM and working like a charm (all 64 bit)
You use latest (or almost latest) version ?

Only got a lot of crashes when using the editor and switch to live editor.

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#25 Affenkopp

Affenkopp

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:26 AM

Using 64 bit VPX GL and newest BAM. Problem solved with new version or did you changed some settings? Would be happy,when 3D with kinect 2 finally runs with VPX.

#26 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,201 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 20 May 2023 - 12:19 PM

Starting from revision 1028 it was solved for me with the setting width=1

Using 64 bit VPX GL and newest BAM

New BAM ??? Wasn't aware of that

Edit: i see a new version of march 2033. I'm still using the old one. Need to update and check it (but no time the next couple of days :( )

Edited by Mike DA Spike, 20 May 2023 - 12:22 PM.

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#27 lizard

lizard

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 316 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:11 PM

Thanks Toxie and all the team, great to see all this progress. Much appreciated. 

Cheers 

#28 Milos

Milos

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• Flag: Serbia

• Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:36 PM

I don't know why but last version of 10.8 which is working for me was 775 (file VPinballX-10.8.0-775-639a05c-Release-win-x64.zip). All later releases, inclusive latest Beta throw Fatal Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL like this - https://ibb.co/C9YpLyb.

It happens with all tables and with both 32 and 64bit versions of VPinball. I will create GitHub issue for this

#29 elmigu7

elmigu7

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: indiana jones

Posted 20 May 2023 - 01:40 PM

First of all, thank you very much for your work and the effort for the community, it is impressive how this progresses. I have to say that with the new vpx 10.8 beta I have noticed that the lights are more intense and this looks good on some tables but on others the light is seen too much creating even a circle, and lowering the strength from the editor on those tables I can't that this would change, just by removing it completely. Some illuminated flippers also look different. Have you noticed that too? greetings!!!

#30 Neo

Neo

Silverball Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

• PS3 Gamer Tag: AppleJack052570
  • 360 Gamer Tag: MCHachiRoku

Posted 20 May 2023 - 02:43 PM

I tried 10.8 with both of my VPX tables (Hextech and Crazy Cats) on my 10-year-old desktop. They both run pretty well in 32-bit, though the B2S backglass always appears regardless of whether or not the Disable B2S checkbox is checked. When Disable B2S is checked, it never brings up the DT reels/displays like it is supposed to., It tends to crash on the live editor when I try to exit it and resume game but doesn't give me any sort of error. VP just completely exits.

The playfield reflections are more pronounced in 10.8 which is a pretty cool effect.

On the 64-bit,; the B2S backglass does not appear when Disable B2S is unchecked, and when it is checked, the score displays/reels on the DT backdrop will not appear. I've seen this on both tables.

Take Care

-Neo
VPX Tables Completed: Hextech 1.2, Crazy Cats Demo Derby 1.1; Zone Fury VPX 1.0
"Some say his tears are adhesive, and that the dark outline around his nipple matches the Nurburgring...All we know is he's not the Stig, but rather, the Stig's pinball-playing cousin."

#31 hitman2304

hitman2304

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

• Flag: Poland

• Favorite Pinball: AFM,Monster Bash,Medieval Madness,TOM.

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:07 PM

This is mindbending, especially if it also happens 10.7.3->10.7.4.

Which windows version is this?

Installed 10.7 from AIO installer, then updated to 10.8 beta and still ball is too fast and behaving strange.

#32 Tiki

Tiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Tales of Arabian Nights, Creature from the black Lagoon

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:39 PM

Tried to open the 64bit GL Version and got this error: (Copied the files into my Vpin dir..)
unbenannt-12.jpg

I disabled VR in Settings. Did I miss a Setting to run it?
The path showed in this msg is crazy..
10.8 64bit without GL is running fine. I didn´t find all differences yet, but I got no errors so far.

Edited by Tiki, 20 May 2023 - 06:39 PM.

vpforumstiki.jpg

#33 vbousquet

vbousquet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Cue Ball Wizard, Tron Legacy, Terminator 2

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:46 PM

I have added some docs to explain some of the new features.

It's here: https://github.com/v.../docs/README.md

#34 studlygoorite

studlygoorite

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 359 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Any VR table

• 360 Gamer Tag: King JJ

Posted 20 May 2023 - 06:59 PM

Tried to open the 64bit GL Version and got this error: (Copied the files into my Vpin dir..)
unbenannt-12.jpg

10.8 64bit without GL is running fine. I didn´t find all differences yet, but I got no errors so far.

Are you trying to run VR? If so, I believe I was seeing this error when I was on an older build and moved to the new build "without" copying over the newer shader file. Updating the shader file fixed it.

#35 Milos

Milos

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• Flag: Serbia

• Favorite Pinball: Centaur

Posted 20 May 2023 - 07:36 PM

I don't know why but last version of 10.8 which is working for me was 775 (file VPinballX-10.8.0-775-639a05c-Release-win-x64.zip). All later releases, inclusive latest Beta throw Fatal Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL like this - https://ibb.co/C9YpLyb.

It happens with all tables and with both 32 and 64bit versions of VPinball. I will create GitHub issue for this

Maybe it will help someone - my issue was related to DXVK. It is leftover from my previous attempts to solve some performance issues. I have removed it and now everything works OK 

#36 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:23 PM

VPX 10.8 rev 137 (DX9 renderer)
On a couple quick games, have not noticed anything odd yet as far as playing and visual appearance.

I will have to set up a table to purposely test the ball shadows that are now supposed to be affected by the lights.

All my tables are set up to kind of brute force the issue.

Question though, where did the 4x AA setting go?
or what is it's equivalent now?

POV editing freaked me out at 1st.
You get used to it real fast though

Will have to make time to look at the live table editing feature.

It looks like it will be godly when doing lighting?

VPX_GL 10.8 rev 137 (OpenGL renderer)
Do not have VR hardware so tried it with VR disabled
Could not find where to switch renderer from OGL OGLEX and SDL2 etc

Gamma with table that looks normal in DX9 renderer was too high, table was bleached out
changing LUT cured that though.
Did not do much in it due to the fact that i couldn't get it to run more than 25fps as opposed to vpx DX9 running at 300fps
Using table AFM to compare.

Settings i left same as DX9 version, which is maybe the wrong thing to do.
Also since i dont have VR hardware, maybe anything i test in that version is null and void anyways, maybe it isnt optimized to run without the hardware.

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#37 Tiki

Tiki

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, Tales of Arabian Nights, Creature from the black Lagoon

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:26 PM

unbenannt-12.jpg

Are you trying to run VR? If so, I believe I was seeing this error when I was on an older build and moved to the new build "without" copying over the newer shader file. Updating the shader file fixed it.

No, I have no VR. Just wanted to see how vp looks with open gl. So I need Shader files?

vpforumstiki.jpg

#38 RYSr

RYSr

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 510 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TZ - G&R - MB - CV - Metallica

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:28 PM

@Toxie

The table escape menu no longer seems to support the use of the up and down arrows, to select quit to editor (their programed to my CAB flipper buttons). It was useful in VR to use them and the mouse (without using the keyboard), when you wanted to adjust a table setting. Any way to activate them again?

Can you setup both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vpinball_GL to work with renamed exe's, like you can with the Vpinballx? When I load the GL 64 the 32bit errors out  on startup and vise-versa. Last time I tried it was version 10.8 v980.

Its great to have a beta thread now to ask questions, Thanks!

Edited by RYSr, 20 May 2023 - 10:54 PM.

#39 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:28 PM

unbenannt-12.jpg

No, I have no VR. Just wanted to see how vp looks with open gl. So I need Shader files?

Yes, you still have to put the shader folder in, even without VR

You just go to vr prefs and click vr and disable so it doesnt look for VR hardware.

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#40 vbousquet

vbousquet

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Cue Ball Wizard, Tron Legacy, Terminator 2

Posted 20 May 2023 - 10:59 PM

Can you setup both 32 and 64 bit versions of Vpinball_GL to work with renamed exe's, like you can with the Vpinballx? When I load the GL 64 the 32bit errors out  on startup and vise-versa. Last time I tried it was version 10.8 v980.

No, there is no way to have them in the same folder. You need to have x86 folder and a separated x64 folder (due to dll name conflicts)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: VP, VPX, 10.8, beta, Visual Pinball