• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

VP8 and VP907,909 all work great for me under windows7 64bit smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#82 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

Hello guys. I have win7 64bit Ultimate, tried old and new vga driver(I have corei7 920 + nvidia gtx 285) tried the win xp service2 pack compatibility settings, disable the antivirus(avast) software and hardware rendering(works more time when i not use hardware rendering but only 1-2 minute more) and i get this:

http://ir.netplayers...Cruel/error.jpg

Anyone can help ? :/

All my game run perfectly, not this kind of bug with them... My computer is stable, but i cannot play vpinball.

Edit: I use vpinball 9.09 vpinmame22 and the cabinet dll of course. It crash with all table.

Edited by Joco77, 09 September 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#83 kruge99

kruge99

Pinball Wizard

• VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (vic viper @ Sep 9 2010, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have Windows 7 on my laptop and VP9 and FP both run fine on it.

My problem is w/ VP9 is that the right flipper default button is right shift. But for some odd reason the right shift button doesn't work but it works in FP. I don't know if this is an issue w/ Windows 7 or is it a laptop issue. But its no problem because I can always reconfigured the button.

So to sum it all up, I haven't really had any issues while running VP9 and FP in the Windows 7 enviroment.

This is a "somewhat" common problem with the right shift key not working in VP. The solution was posted
here
if you're interested in fixing it.

Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#84 LtMarvel

LtMarvel

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

Ok, I've tried to install VP twice now. The latest version works well with the tables it came with. However, if I try to "Open file" the program immediately closes.

Any ideas?

#85 Osprey101

Osprey101

I get a custom title? COOL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any EM!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Joco77 @ Sep 9 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello guys. I have win7 64bit Ultimate, tried old and new vga driver(I have corei7 920 + nvidia gtx 285) tried the win xp service2 pack compatibility settings, disable the antivirus(avast) software and hardware rendering(works more time when i not use hardware rendering but only 1-2 minute more) and i get this:

http://ir.netplayers...Cruel/error.jpg

Anyone can help ? :/

All my game run perfectly, not this kind of bug with them... My computer is stable, but i cannot play vpinball.

Edit: I use vpinball 9.09 vpinmame22 and the cabinet dll of course. It crash with all table.

One simple solution might be to try installing it on the virtual machine (XP Mode). I have not tried this but I see no reason why it would not work. My GPS software will not run on Win7, but it runs fine in XP Mode.
I run Win7 Pro and have had no problems at all. I don't know why some have trouble with 7.

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Sep 9 2010, 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VP8 and VP907,909 all work great for me under windows7 64bit smile.gif

Me too.
No problems at all.

#86 Osprey101

Osprey101

I get a custom title? COOL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any EM!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (alessio @ Nov 3 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Nvidia is loosing ground.
Now ati in the top in the market.
The problem is VP software, are old for new tecnology !!!!
Ati is more compatible with the game, nvidia have problems with new games in windows 7.
Nvidia costs less because it is inferior in quality, this is all.
I'm sorry because VP is the only emulation software for pinball machine........

Have you tried installing VP on the virtual machine (XP Mode)?
It may not be the best solution, but it may work.

I run Win7 Pro 64 bit. Nvidia 1Gb video Card, 6Gb RAM, 2.66GHz Core2 Duo processor. I have no issues running VP or FP

There is another pinball emulator, Future Pinball. I know many here do not care for it, but there are many of us that like both programs.

#87 Al.Gray

Al.Gray

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 28 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The Machine:Bride of Pinbot, Fish Tales,Medieval Madness, Attack From Mars and Black Rose....to name but a few.

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (alessio @ Oct 23 2009, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, i am italian and i have problem with vp in my windows 7 ultimate, audio and graphic is rallenty and fon't play, that after the "bip sound" after the vp test table.
I have read your info for resolve but don't understand.......... can help me please???
Please.

You have to find the VPinball.exe inside the directory you have installed VP, and then right click on it, go to properties at the bottom of the context menu and choose compatibility tab. There, you must check the box that says: "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and choose something like Windows XP with SP2 etc...

For me it wasn't necessary though...which Win7 build do you have?

It plays fine on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit 'without' having to add, alter or select any compatibility mode