2 replies to this topic

#1 roccodimarco

roccodimarco

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Hollywood Heat, Street Fighter II, Gold ball, Grand Lizard

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:26 PM

Posted Image

File Name: BMX Bally

File Submitter: roccodimarco

File Submitted: 08 Mar 2021

File Category: VP 9.x B2S Cabinet Tables (B2S)

Author(s): Roccodimarco
dboyrecords
Lander
Destruk
Manufacturer: Bally
Year: 1982
Permission to MOD?: Yes, without approval

BMX by Bally.  This is a "slight" graphics update.  Right off the bat, this is not a pretty makeover.  I have watched a few videos on this table, and it seems like a really fun table to play.  Simple rules, and the very cool Hard Body magnasave feature.  Unfortunately sources for this table a very scarce.  I free handed most of this with what I could find.  I have done this tye of update before, which has lead to some VERY NICE table be created by some of you experts out there!  Other examples have been PUNK!, Alive, Secret Service, and the newest Loch Ness Monster.  I'm not holding my breath because as I mentioned, this is not pretty at all, and will require a lot of TLC.  I hope it's enough of a stepping stone for someone to launch it to the next level though.  This table was supposed to be an E.T. table, but the license could not be acquired, and it was turned into BMX.   I have included a link to all my resources and work (it's a mess and not organized at all so good luck) but also included are some decent resource photos including a picture I found with the bottom half free of plastics so you can get an idea of the playfield. 

Heres to hoping for better things for this table!    

https://www.dropbox.... Files.zip?dl=0

Click here to download this file

#2 jino0372

jino0372

Ordinary Average Guy

• Platinum Supporter
  • 237 posts

• Favorite Pinball: CFTBL, Haunted House, Any Bally from the '80's, All EM machines

Posted 27 March 2021 - 04:26 AM

Hi Rocco...I started some preliminary work on this.  I have the table converted to VPX.  I am in the middle of the table redraw.  I have a long ways to go with this one.  Do you by chance have a PDF of the game manual or schematics?

FYI - The table plays nice in VP9.  Thanks for all your hard work!!!

Check out my website for any latest updates or information on current builds that I am working on.

077b59_220a28a7f1c8449998b6a25f36fd5f47~

#3 roccodimarco

roccodimarco

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Hollywood Heat, Street Fighter II, Gold ball, Grand Lizard

Posted 08 June 2022 - 06:10 PM

Hi Rocco...I started some preliminary work on this.  I have the table converted to VPX.  I am in the middle of the table redraw.  I have a long ways to go with this one.  Do you by chance have a PDF of the game manual or schematics?

FYI - The table plays nice in VP9.  Thanks for all your hard work!!!

TBH I forgot I even made this table.  I was going through my old files and said, "Wait when did I make this?"  Anyway.  Did you ever finish up the BMX project? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Slydog43, DjRobX, VPX Firepower 3rdaxis, rothbauerw, G5K