• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:46 AM

Posted Image

File Name: Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

File Submitter: TerryRed

File Submitted: 28 Feb 2022

File Category: PinEvent Tables

Author(s): TerryRed
Brendan Bailey
SLAMT1LT
Permission to MOD?: Yes, with approval

Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX 3.3)

Created by TerryRed

Version 2.0 (Feb 2024)

Download link:

https://mega.nz/fold...6pA_WNs0qGTgOtQ

Get ready for the most EPIC Sonic pinball table ever created... and a pinball game like you've never seen before!

This has everything a Sonic fan could want in one table. Green Hill zone scenery, Sonic Loop ramp, animated bumpers, springs, item box, checkpoint, chaos emerald flashers, red star spinner, launch tunnel, rotating goal sign, moving robots, animated characters such as Sonic / Knuckles / Shadow... and even Dr Robotnik and his eggmobile which will follow your ball with it's spotlight... and much more!

This table takes full advantage of BAM's latest features with full dynamic lighting and ray cast shadows and shadowmaps to create a stunning visual pinball showcase!

What started as a quick BAM mod to update Brendan Bailey's classic Sonic table of 2005 (which was updated by SLAMT1LT in 2014), evolved into a complete overhaul to the entire table. Everything in the table has either been updated or changed, and I've added so many new things (new layout, art, models, lighting, modes, code, fixes, etc) that it's like a new table. Hence... Sonic Pinball Mania.

This table has been fully updated with FizX physics for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy physics on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball. You will be amazed at the difference!

Posted Image

PinEvent V2

This table is also updated to fully support PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD). It has modern PUP DMD display options that can work with all setups. With it's crisp HD text and dazzling videos, it's sure to wow everyone who sees it.

Posted Image

I'm really proud of what I pulled off with this table, and I really hope you enjoy it!

Thanks of course to these awesome contributors:

TerryRed - Sonic Pinball Mania
Brendan Bailey (PinWizKid) - created the original Sonic the Hedgehog table in 2005
SLAMT1LT - sounds, music, code, DMD, etc from his Ultimate mod in 2014
Schlabber34 - new pre-rendered insert images
FLEEP - new mechanical sounds
JLou - for FizX and support
All the FP lads at Pinball Nirvanna for ideas, examples, and support
Nailbuster - Pinup Player and SSF support
Ravarcade - for creating the awesome BAM and providing assistance with BAM features
Chris Leathley - creator of Future Pinball

DISCLAIMER:

This table is a work of passion, and is NOT intended for commercial usage or to be included in any part of a commercial sale!

====================================================================

For a video preview of the features and all game modes and gameplay, go here:

https://youtu.be/QICv4MiGCHU

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This table is single player only.

Static Camera Views (desktop mode only)

• during attract mode only, you can press plunger to toggle integrated static desktop camera views
  • if you want to use your own BAM camera settings, or a FP camera view, then you must disable this feature in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
SONIC BALL
  • right flipper button will toggle between Sonic and Chrome ball texture (only in attract mode). This can be set in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
Plunger and Action Buttons (digital plunger, special 1, special 2)
  • all buttons/keys will activate Sonic Spin Dash and Magna-Spinner
  • all buttons/keys will act as an autoplunger during gameplay
Second Stage Flippers
  • this table supports second stage flippers for cabinet players with this setup
  • this needs to be enabled in TABLE OPTIONS in the table script
  • ensure that your Second Flippers are setup in FP Control Settings
  • ensure that your Special 1 and Special 2 keys / buttons are NOT the same keys / buttons as Second Flippers! (they are by default)

BAM Ray Cast Ball Shadows:
  • this table was created to look best with the new BAM Ray Cast Ball shadows
  • this feature is ENABLED on the table script by default
  • this feature requires a fast video card, and will use much more of your GPU
  • if the table doesn’t run smooth, then your PC may not be fast enough to handle this feature (and you should disable it)
To disable this feature, you MUST “first” disable it in TABLE OPTIONS (in the table script)

BAM Menu - Light and Post Processing settings:
  • BAM Lighting and Post Processing settings are set by the table script and will ALWAYS override the user's settings
  • this is required to ensure that all lighting is set correctly at all times
  • on this table, you can make changes to the Ambient and Diffusion Lighting in the table script in TABLE OPTIONS

Physics: FizX v3.3

===================================================================

Game not running smooth? Try the following:
  • run FP in Fullscreen, not Windowed
  • disable RayCast Ball Shadows in TABLE OPTIONS (in table script)
  • disable Reflections options in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • reduce / disable Antialiasing in FP's Video / Rendering settings
  • disable any SSAO options in BAM plugins menu (disabled by default)

TABLE REQUIREMENTS (very important!)
  • all Visual C Runtime updates
  • DirectX
  • Future Pinball
  • the latest BAM update
  • FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe patched for 4 GB access
  • BAM Settings files installed
  • FizX 1K ball model (for more accurate physics, default.zip in BAM folder)
  • the REQUIRED “Video / Rendering Options” and “Editor Options” in Future Pinball video settings

All of the above is included with the latest FP and BAM Essentials AIO package!

Super easy to use for a new install, or just to update your existing install. I recommend everyone install this package to ensure you have the latest required BAM updates.

https://www.vpforums...showtopic=51600

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS (REQUIRED)
  • PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file)
  • it shows you how to check what version of BAM you have installed
  • it shows you how to install all the REQUIRED items above
  • it shows you how to easily setup FP and BAM with the REQUIRED settings
It's super easy, and only takes minutes to do!

How to run Future Pinball to play the table
  • PLEASE read the Install Instructions (included with the table's zip file) to know how to properly use FP and BAM

PROBLEMS?

Read the Install Instructions included in the table's zip file. It tells you everything you need to know!

Table MODS
  • please read the Disclaimer in the Install Instructions included with the table
  • please ask me first, as I am still updating this table

Click here to download this file

#2 bullwinkle55

bullwinkle55

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Black Rose

Posted 01 March 2022 - 04:28 AM

Every time I think you've made a Future pinball table that is the best I've ever seen, you blow everyone away with an even better one.

And with all the previews of your upcoming tables I've  seen there is no end to your imagination. Thank you for this fantastic table Terry

You do for Future Pinball what JP Salas does for Visual Pinball and of course a lot that cant be done in VP.

#3 bil

bil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: URBAN CHAOS

Posted 01 March 2022 - 12:10 PM

A big thanks for an awesome table  :otvclap:  :otvclap:

#4 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 01 March 2022 - 02:46 PM

It is incredible all the things you have add  :JawDrop:!

And a big thanks to ravarcade for the BAM system :otvclap:

I really liked that it worked without a hick, and that I don't need the PuP pack since I use just a single screen :)

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#5 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 01 March 2022 - 03:00 PM

I really liked that it worked without a hick, and that I don't need the PuP pack since I use just a single screen :)

Wait... you actually setup FP and BAM just to play this?

Dude... this has made my day / week / month!

THANK YOU! Extremely high praise coming from you and making me blush right now. :)

Yes what ravarcade has done for FP is amazing. Not just to fix / improve many things.... but to add neat new tools for authors like me to play around with. Fun stuff.

Physics on this table aren't like VPX (but much better than FP original physics)... but this table doesn't yet use the newer DF2 physics updates being worked on by JLou, Shiva, AnonTet and others, which use nFozzy-like methods to completely change the flippers, slings, ball weight, etc (some vp guys are quite surprised with what they saw). So there is still hope for it to also play much better / more realistic in a future update. It may not quite reach VPX levels... but its a big difference.

All my FP releases (including PinEvent releases) work without pup. So everyone can enjoy them one way or another. 

Glad you are enjoying it!

Edited by TerryRed, 01 March 2022 - 04:45 PM.

#6 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:17 PM

It would appear there is something wrong with this zip file - BAM_v1.5-345.zip, [17 feb 2022]
It's not downloading correctly but if I go to some of the older ones works fine

#7 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 01 March 2022 - 06:29 PM

It would appear there is something wrong with this zip file - BAM_v1.5-345.zip, [17 feb 2022]

I just tried it now and downloads fine here (using Edge). Try another browser maybe?

#8 Hawyer

Hawyer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

• 360 Gamer Tag: Tiroloco76

Posted 01 March 2022 - 07:42 PM

Looks so good!

#9 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 07:48 PM

I just tried it now and downloads fine here (using Edge). Try another browser maybe?

That works fine (using Edge).
I looked into it a little more in Firefox and Firefox for some reason thinking it's a bad file all of a sudden
So it would not download Correctly until I told it it was OK - goofy shit
  Thanks Terry

Edited by Outhere, 01 March 2022 - 07:49 PM.

#10 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 01 March 2022 - 10:59 PM

I tried to send you a PM but it's giving me this message

The member TerryRed cannot receive any new messages

#11 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 01 March 2022 - 11:03 PM

I tried to send you a PM but it's giving me this message

The member TerryRed cannot receive any new messages

Cleared up now.

#12 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,455 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 02 March 2022 - 03:13 AM

Wait... you actually setup FP and BAM just to play this?

Dude... this has made my day / week / month!

THANK YOU! Extremely high praise coming from you and making me blush right now. :)

Yes what ravarcade has done for FP is amazing. Not just to fix / improve many things.... but to add neat new tools for authors like me to play around with. Fun stuff.

Physics on this table aren't like VPX (but much better than FP original physics)... but this table doesn't yet use the newer DF2 physics updates being worked on by JLou, Shiva, AnonTet and others, which use nFozzy-like methods to completely change the flippers, slings, ball weight, etc (some vp guys are quite surprised with what they saw). So there is still hope for it to also play much better / more realistic in a future update. It may not quite reach VPX levels... but its a big difference.

All my FP releases (including PinEvent releases) work without pup. So everyone can enjoy them one way or another. 

Glad you are enjoying it!

Yes, I did install the latest BAM and FP just to play this table :) I had an older BAM :) This table reminds me of the PinballFX3 tables :)

It will be nice to check the DF2 physics when they are ready.

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#13 oroborus

oroborus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Iron Maiden (Stern), Medieval Madness,CCC

Posted 02 March 2022 - 12:39 PM

Thanks TerryRed and all people involved.  Its an amazing table, beautiful to looking at and so fun to play. You definitively pushing limits of FP-BAM. Congrats and thanks you for sharing.

#14 licwip

licwip

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 151 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Space Cadet

Posted 03 March 2022 - 06:00 PM

My question pertains to this beautiful table, but it's an issue for me with other FP tables.

I like to cradle the ball in order to measure up my shot. Whenever I do this on FP tables, the ball comes off at a wider angle than on VPX tables. For instance, if I'm cradling with my left flipper and try to hit the ball straight up, the ball ends up shooting a couple of inches further to the right. On FP tables, there's no way I can go back towards my flipper's side with any power; this is something I can do on VPX tables.

For the record, I don't notive the more extreme angle when I'm hitting the ball as it's coming down. I only notice it when it's rolling down my flipper.

Any thoughts on this? Is there an adjustment I can make? (Other than flip faster, that is?) Thanks!

#15 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 03 March 2022 - 06:11 PM

My question pertains to this beautiful table, but it's an issue for me with other FP tables.

I like to cradle the ball in order to measure up my shot. Whenever I do this on FP tables, the ball comes off at a wider angle than on VPX tables. For instance, if I'm cradling with my left flipper and try to hit the ball straight up, the ball ends up shooting a couple of inches further to the right. On FP tables, there's no way I can go back towards my flipper's side with any power; this is something I can do on VPX tables.

For the record, I don't notive the more extreme angle when I'm hitting the ball as it's coming down. I only notice it when it's rolling down my flipper.

Any thoughts on this? Is there an adjustment I can make? (Other than flip faster, that is?) Thanks!

That's correct with FP and the current DF1 (dynamic flippers v1) used on this table (normal older FP tables don't have DF1 and play much worse). The last part of the flipper tip shoots wide when the ball rolls... but if its cradled, the shots are more accurate.

You can try making adjustments in the PHYSICS section in the table script to your own liking. That said, if you don't understand what it's all doing, then you may get lost... but you can try, but I can't help you there.

https://pinballnirva...ll-table.20002/

That said, there is a new DF2 physics being worked on by JLou with combined efforts from AnonTet, Shiva, etc that is being tested and tweaked right now that dramatically changes FP's physics. It uses nFozzy-like methods (within FP's limits) to change how the flipper aims, behaves, slings, ball feel,etc. It allows for all the typical flipper tricks, no longer has wide shots of the flipper tip, and has dynamic coils, EOS, flippers that are no longer just on/off... a big change. At some point this table (and others) may get that in the future when it's all worked out.

Edited by TerryRed, 03 March 2022 - 06:13 PM.

#16 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 15 March 2022 - 05:15 AM

Sonic Pinball Mania (Future Pinball BAM)

Version 1.1 - DOF, PUP SSF update is now available!

The long awaited updated is now here!

READ AND FOLLOW ALL OF THE INCLUDED INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!

It will answer all your questions and avoid lots of problems!

DOF:
  • EVERYONE who has DOF MUST update their DOF Config Tool files! It was just updated again with a new config for this table.

PUP SSF:
  • EVERYONE who has SSF "must" install the new pup-pack that is included, or PUP SSF will not work!

New PinEvent V2 (pre-release) features:
  • unlike PinEvent 1.4, no vbs files are used or "required" for this table to run (it's stand-alone)
  • DOF and PUP SSF, and all PinEvent features are now all set in the table script in the "PinEvent V2 Custom Table Settings" in the table script near the top
  • new TILT BOB key feature for analogue nudge users (needs to be set and enabled)
  • DOF and PUP SSF are enabled by default for cabinet and VR users
  • you MUST install the new included pup-pack, as PinEvent V2 verifies it, and if its the wrong version, PUP features are disabled!
  • the 1.1 update does NOT yet support PUPDMD and PUP Stream!
  • all PinEvent V2 features are disabled by default for desktop users

If you have any problems.... READ THE INCLUDED INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!

What's NEW?

Changelog (v1.1)

- lots of various fixes and changes that should make the game easier and more fun to play
- new chrome side rails
- Special 1 and Special 2 key / button will now also act as a plunger during gameplay
- adjusted spinner settings, added Ravarcade's new spinner code
- choas emerald inserts will blink when their respective mode is selected / active (only if it's not already collected)
- added new PinEvent V2 automated control and features code
- added full DOF and PUP SSF support
- added Table Options to disable ball effects for Invincible, Shield, and Sonic Shoes (for slower PC's)
- added 10 second ball saver to the start of each mode
- added new Tilt Warning Recovery control option
- added DF1 physics to upper right flippers, adjusted angle slightly (mid-right flipper can hit Mania Modes easily when ball is cradled)
- if Mania Modes is lit when starting multi-ball or before ball drains, it will now be lit again after multi-ball ends and for next ball
- changed kicker brake plates to not be set to "Mark as Ornamental"
- fix for upper flippers not turning off for tilt
- fix goal post not rotating correctly on drain (should show Robotnik)

Version 1.1 of the table and the new PuP-Pack are available here (when approved):

Edited by TerryRed, 15 March 2022 - 05:16 AM.

#17 bgoo3

bgoo3

Neophyte

• Silver Supporter
  • 2 posts

• Favorite Pinball: STTNG

Posted 21 March 2022 - 12:19 AM

Insanely gorgeous table.   Plays so beautiful.    Yet another Future Pinball games that translates perfect to pinDMD3 with DMDExt1.9. 

#18 SixOfTwelve

SixOfTwelve

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Varies every few weeks, really

Posted 27 April 2022 - 06:33 PM

EDIT: Do you know the phenomenon when you can't figure out a problem, then you ask for help and in describing the problem in detail, suddenly realize what the solution was all along?

Yeah, same here.

Short version: The Robotnik searchlights were gone and I drove myself crazy checking and re-checking every setting.

In the end, the problem was that the "hardware lights" were set to 0 instead of 7. I didn't bother to check them because I thought they referred to external hardware (i.e. flashers or LEDs... DOF related stuff, which I don't have on my cab) instead of simulated hardware. In the words of the immortal H. J. Simpson: D'oh.

Edited by SixOfTwelve, 27 April 2022 - 07:20 PM.

#19 zoopakev

zoopakev

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: attack from mars

Posted 12 June 2022 - 04:08 PM

Hi, Im fairly new to the Pinball scene but have been into the retro games scene a long time (ex games programmer). Whats the minimum system need to play this table? Ive just built a table with an i5 (4th gen) and nvidia 7 series card. Every thing else works but this table is well off etc.

thanks

Kevin

#20 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,831 posts

Contributor

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:46 AM

Hi, Im fairly new to the Pinball scene but have been into the retro games scene a long time (ex games programmer). Whats the minimum system need to play this table? Ive just built a table with an i5 (4th gen) and nvidia 7 series card. Every thing else works but this table is well off etc.

thanks

Kevin

I'm not sure about "minimum"... but I've tested this on various PCs and it ran on all of them.

That said, a 7 series card may struggle. I've tested on i5 2500K, GTX 970 in HD no problem, i5 4670K and GTX 1080 in 4K no problem (what I create tables on).

You really need a fairly modern card to play the latest FP and VPX tables.

Be sure you've setup the FP video and Editor settings exactly as I show in the zip file of the table.

Edited by TerryRed, 13 June 2022 - 05:46 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fizx, bam, dof, ssf, pupdmd, pup, PinEvent