#21 Ze-BOB

Ze-BOB

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 48 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic, South Park

Posted 05 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

Wow, i didn't see that you wrote this in your first message, sorry.
I will try to find one or make it myself.
A monitor as this one with a VGA connector would be ideal ;-)

Thank you again.

Edited by Ze-BOB, 05 December 2009 - 02:16 PM.

#22 Ze-BOB

Ze-BOB

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

I receive my VGA converter today, it work but i have some questions:

- When i put the DMD display on my LCD external monitor the DMD is only black there is nothing displayed on it.
- The resolution is 640x480, how can i put the DMD in full screen to have a nice display ?

Thank you.

#23 sikarkades

sikarkades

Enthusiast

• Charter Member
  • 137 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Champion Pub

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Hi,
I recently upgraded my video card, and was experiencing nothing but a black dmd on the second screen. I never had issues til i upgraded, I rolled back my nvidia drivers to an older version and that worked. A few people have had to do this, some type of issues with the driver. Give that a whirl and see if it works. Than u can move on to resizing the dmd's and getting them to show up in the correct position when you start a table.

Good luck

#24 Ze-BOB

Ze-BOB

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:12 PM

Great, you are right, with the older version of the Nvidia driver the DMD works fine !
I found how to make it bigger, juste with the windows border.
For the test i used a HP Notebook with a 8400M GS card, a little bit slow but great for this test.
I must find the way to fixe the DMD position to this second screen.

Thank you very much !

http://www.dailymoti...park_videogames

Edited by Ze-BOB, 04 January 2010 - 09:05 PM.

#25 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 823 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: TOM

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:53 PM

Any chance you can post some shots of your set up ZeBob?
Thanks for your help with this BTW.

Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#26 sikarkades

sikarkades

Enthusiast

• Charter Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

I should have a thread explaining how to make the dmd show up in the same spot every time, if you can't find it just ask, you can either edit each table script, or I believe Destruk was saying there is a way to set it up with a registry edit to do it for every table. I edit the script, that way if a table does not have a dmd, you can make one visible and still at least have it show up to view your score and such, hope everything works well for you.

#27 Ze-BOB

Ze-BOB

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

I will try to find this post, if i want some help i will ask here.
Thank you.

#28 Mats B

Mats B

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:17 PM

I'm planning for a 3 monitor build with this Lilliput 7" screen for the DMD.
http://www.lilliputl...d8cd8bcf8898f67

Advantage: No need for video output or a second gfx-card (*). It connects with USB and it will pe a pixel perfect picture, not a qulaity cropped video signal...

* yes, I know that there are gfx-cards with 3 or more VGA/DVI outputs, but most only have 2 smile.gif

Is there anyone that has used this before? Driver issues etc?

#29 Ze-BOB

Ze-BOB

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

I think that USB monitors are more greedy in CPU power, can you confirme ?
j' saw that some digital photo frames could be transformed into external monitor USB.
Like this one:
http://gadgets.boing...igital-fra.html

Some others can be hacked to do this, but i don't know which model.

Edited by Ze-BOB, 06 January 2010 - 08:14 PM.

#30 yuppicide

yuppicide

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fun House

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:12 AM

Great looking DMD you got there.

#31 Mats B

Mats B

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Ze-BOB @ Jan 6 2010, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that USB monitors are more greedy in CPU power, can you confirme ?

Yes, a good point. In the abscence of a GPU that handles the display it obviously has to be an additional load on the CPU.
Would be interesting if someone could share "real facts" regarding this. I.e. is it really a problem or just in theory?
With a screen of just 800*600 pixels (or less) it should not be that demanding, but a use case example from someone with experience would be nice.

#32 BarryS

BarryS

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 304 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: LOTR

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (sikarkades @ Mar 7 2009, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchased a 10.2" rear view camera monitor for an suv/car (4.25" tall and 11" wide) and put a 12v power supply on it and am using it as a dmd for Pinmame. The monitor cost 99.00 shipped, the cable and power supply were about $30. I can actually say it works perfect and looks awesome. If anyone has any questions or comments let me know. I may have a few for you guys as well. The script for each table has to be slightly edited for the images to display in the correct position every time, but it is well worth it. I will be installing it into my mame cabinet with pinball controls and plunger. I may have to buy another monitor to keep one on my normal computer. Ha! Enjoy.

That's great!

Would you mind measuring the LCD? (width & height).

I am trying to figure out how it would fit compared to a real DMD...

#33 sikarkades

sikarkades

Enthusiast

• Charter Member
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

The screen size is 9 3/4" wide and 3" tall compared to 13 1/2" X 3 1/2" on my williams JD cabinet. It made a nice addition to my mame machine for vp though.

#34 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 823 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

Looking at this as a possible source for anyone in UK.
Unfortunately my cab head won`t allow fitting the 3rd monitor as there isn`t enough clearance between the bezel and the backglass monitor

Could be used for the 3 screen DMD setup ???

http://www.amazon.co...JHGW3MV1TVXSYCW

Cheers Buzz

Here`s another one
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item20b125acf8

See my cab pictures here

[/size][/size]

#35 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Favorite Pinball: FunHouse,Tales From The Crypt, T2, Circus Voltair, Adams Family,MM

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (sikarkades @ Mar 7 2009, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I purchased a 10.2" rear view camera monitor for an suv/car (4.25" tall and 11" wide) and put a 12v power supply on it and am using it as a dmd for Pinmame. The monitor cost 99.00 shipped, the cable and power supply were about $30. I can actually say it works perfect and looks awesome. If anyone has any questions or comments let me know. I may have a few for you guys as well. The script for each table has to be slightly edited for the images to display in the correct position every time, but it is well worth it. I will be installing it into my mame cabinet with pinball controls and plunger. I may have to buy another monitor to keep one on my normal computer. Ha! Enjoy.

Sorry to dig up a old thread but how is the response time with this monitor? Any ghosting? Im thinking of picking one up for my cab.

BTW if anyone is interested in these like me here is a link to there website! There $77 shipped!

http://www.eonon.com.../Rear-View.html

Edited by J3SteR, 10 December 2010 - 09:13 AM.

#36 lonnie

lonnie

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 155 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Dirty Harry

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:16 PM

I have samsung 10" picture frame and you can use as a monitor. Works for me however can not change resolution I think it is 800x600. I do not run UVP because of p4 2 gb computer just regular bg and dmd on this monitor. 19 monitor for bg and 37" for table.

Lonnie

#37 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:11 PM

Hey Lonnie - nice to see you around. biggrin.gif
Would you mind posting the model number of that picture frame - how do you connect it to your pc - usb ?

Cheers Buzz

See my cab pictures here

[/size][/size]

#38 lonnie

lonnie

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 155 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Dirty Harry

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hi Buzz, still hanging in there. The Samsung model I have is the 10" SPF-107H 1 GB picture frame. You go to Samsung site and download the monitor software. Works for me. I am not using uvp as my motherboard is old and does not have 2 pcie slots. I may change next year when I get some extra money. I have 37" tv for pf and 19" for back glass. Still working on my cabinet Just need to finish back glass and order pf table glass.

Happy holidays to you and your family.

Regards,
Lonnie

#39 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,075 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

I just got my ''10.2 Inch Hitachi Digital Screen Mirror Design Car Rear View Monitor(L0405)' in today (see attached pics.).
Euro 60,- incl tax, no shipping cost, no additional tax, delivered from Hong Kong by DHL to my doorstep in 3 days!

With J3SteR's instructions I managed to attach it to an old pc powersupply (for 12V) to power up.

I'll get a 'König CMP-TELVIEW1' tomorrow to get it hooked up to my pc and will run some tests.

With the 'König CMP-TELVIEW1' you should be able to connect the 10,2" monitor (DMD) + Backglass monitor with the VGA connection of the graph card only.
The free HDMI connection on the card I could use for the playfield .. give it a go tomorrow ..

Cheers,
FD.

Attached Files

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image

#40 J3SteR

J3SteR

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Favorite Pinball: FunHouse,Tales From The Crypt, T2, Circus Voltair, Adams Family,MM

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Flying Dutchman @ Jan 3 2011, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got my ''10.2 Inch Hitachi Digital Screen Mirror Design Car Rear View Monitor(L0405)' in today (see attached pics.).
Euro 60,- incl tax, no shipping cost, no additional tax, delivered from Hong Kong by DHL to my doorstep in 3 days!

With J3SteR's instructions I managed to attach it to an old pc powersupply (for 12V) to power up.

I'll get a 'König CMP-TELVIEW1' tomorrow to get it hooked up to my pc and will run some tests.

With the 'König CMP-TELVIEW1' you should be able to connect the 10,2" monitor (DMD) + Backglass monitor with the VGA connection of the graph card only.
The free HDMI connection on the card I could use for the playfield .. give it a go tomorrow ..

Cheers,
FD.

Yea that's the exact some one i got. Was really disappointed with the view angle. It was a contrasted mess when in my cab couldn't see anything no matter how i adjusted it. Maybe you will have better luck. Put mine up on ebay and planing on getting a 4:3 17" with a 160 degree view angle...

Edited by J3SteR, 03 January 2011 - 11:01 PM.