gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,061 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:40 PM

You can even ask him to create a new DOF entry for your table if one does not exist already.  This would allow you to tinker with the DOF config for your table, if you are interested in creating the DOF side of things also.

#42 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion......

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

I love the smell of these EM's  (may-be an option in VP11??)

So Thank You for this table, a great add to the EM collection :-)

#43 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Kiss, Monster Bash, Safe Cracker,

• 360 Gamer Tag: Bobs_Road

Posted 15 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

Lol smell-O-vision. With all the work that has been going lately with VP, who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#44 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

Does the High Score reel work at your setup?

At mine it just says 00000 no matter what score I have.

In the script it wants to have SpEyes   which I can not find in my tables dir neither in the user dir where all other txt files with high scores etc are stored.

Any clue?

Thank you!

#45 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:13 PM

I'm not at the cab at the moment but it did work last time i played it. You might try creating the text file, in the users folder, and naming it speyes.

Unless I screwed up the upload. And that is a good possibility. I could have accidentally remove the high score code in the script.

I'll take a look when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#46 scottacus

scottacus

Enthusiast

• Gold Supporter
  • 307 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:37 AM

My high score reel is working.  I took the advice of Allknowing2012 and edited the high score reels so that they are now next to the "High Score" text and not under it.  I did this because with the "ScreenRes" file edited to fit Spanish Eyes, there were small white stripes under several of my other VP tables so I needed to get the screenres set back to 1920 x 1080.

#47 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

After looking again it actually writes to the VPreg.stg file in the use directory. It is working on this end though. Not sure if you downloaded an older version that does not have the high score script built in. Make sure you download the latest version 1.4.

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#48 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

thank for  all your replies and suggestions.

I do have V1.4 but tried it again and downloaded the latest 1.4 but they look the same. : This is the HighScore scriptpart: starting line 879

Spoiler

The table does generate  the  VPreg.stg (normally it's <tablename>.txt but ok...... 

I did delete it and it genarates a new one. It's a strange looking file inside but I do see the score of 7690 mentioned. This is the content (but warning: strange looking)

Spoiler

Well.... and this is the BG with the HS reels in the right low under, they seem good readable to me....

2016-11-2020.41.39.jpg

With the first game played after deleting the stg file and after the last ball the highscore would be as expect to go to the score made at that moment but it remains 0. Also when quitting the table and restarting it it remains  0.

Well....not a very big deal, the table itself is fantastic (thank you again() but just curious to the Why... :-)

Edited by Joppnl, 20 November 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#49 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

Some things tried:

- the stg file is being loaded and all values are known whithin the table:

• the # of credits are loaded being displayed and remembered
  • the highscore is loaded and processed: when HSnew > HSold the HSnew is written into the stg file

However: the HS is not displayed on the  dB2S screen. (screen itself is fully funtional with credits, scores, lights, balls to play etc).

So... I moved the reels from the backdrop settings to an other place: still visable but still 0-'s

In the script: I see on line 888

Sbest.Text=FormatNumber(HighScore, 0, -1, 0, -1)

This should write the number stored in HighScore in the Backbox after loading it from the file (I think?)

How can I check if the program is activating this line? Can I add a <pause> command or let ring a bell or some other notification?

Then I changed this line into Sbest.Text=FormatNumber(1234, 0, -1, 0, -1)  or Number("1234", 0, -1, 0, -1)  to display 1234 as HS but no result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by Joppnl, 21 November 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#50 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

I'll be the first to tell you that I am no good at scripting at all. Now, i'm not even sure how I got the high score to work. It was a while back. Borgdog did most of the scripting for me on this table. He might have added that in for me and would have a better understanding about that code.  it is just strange that it is working on mine and not yours. I uploaded the exact table that I am using. 

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#51 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

Well.....no problem at all, thank you for your effort to give us this table.  :otvclap:

#52 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:44 PM

Borgdog offered to look into it for me. I'll let you know what He finds. Who knows what I screwed up. lol

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#53 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

Ok Joppnl, I thinik it is fixed now. Im not at the cab to test but Borgdog noticed there were a few lines missing from the 1.4 version that talked to the high score reel. I have now added them back and uploaded as 1.5. Should be available soon. I must have an older version on my cab. I'm assuming when I went back in and copied the DOF script over, I broke the high score script.   :facepalm: Hopefully fixed now. 

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#54 Joppnl

Joppnl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Thanks!!  1.5 does the job well :otvclap:

#55 mthomps48

mthomps48

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Royal Flush

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

Plays great. Being an owner of Spanish Eyes I'd like to point out that the horseshoe special light on your table is on all the time. On the real table the horseshoe red arrow lights don't come on until you have made all the top roll overs A through F. Maybe if you do another release you can get that logic into the game. Thanks again for a good one.

#56 jbg4208

jbg4208

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

Plays great. Being an owner of Spanish Eyes I'd like to point out that the horseshoe special light on your table is on all the time. On the real table the horseshoe red arrow lights don't come on until you have made all the top roll overs A through F. Maybe if you do another release you can get that logic into the game. Thanks again for a good one.

ok, I checked on this and seems the lights are off on mine. They might look like they are on but when they are on you can really tell. 

But my understanding was that lighting the letters A-E gives and extra ball, and lighting the numbers 1-6 activated the red loop lights.

My VPX Tables:

sig0.png

#57 artemisdragmire

artemisdragmire

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Space Station

Posted 19 January 2024 - 08:48 PM

I'm so happy someone made this table, we had one of these when I was a kid, and sold it when we moved at one point.

I'm having a problem with this in the latest version of VPX where the glow for the panels don't appear to be working when I turn the lights down in VPX. Does anyone know how to potentially address that? I'm new to VPX and still learning all the ins and outs so if it's something dumb I'm doing I definitely accept that as a possibility. I have attached a screenshot of how it displays at low day/night light levels for me, as you can see the plastic panels do not light up like the screenshots.

(Apparently my screenshot didn't post, so here's a link: https://imgur.com/rFcfPQc

Edited by artemisdragmire, 19 January 2024 - 08:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1972, Spanish eyes, Williams