robbo43

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:14 PM

fixed it though at times the skill shot lights dont light up after draining a ball when shooting and organ spits out ball at times the left ramp is the only exit for ball after going in organ if that helps out

Strange - there is no kicker under the organ opening so I don't see how it would spit out a ball. Do these things only happen with the fix? Or did they also happen before?

#102 robwaade

robwaade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: tales from the crypt munsters phantom of the opera

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:02 AM

before and after fix the organ door closes too fast on machine i owned it would go down slower also if that helps. when you drain one ball on multi ball and second goes in organ the ball should come out left wire deal instead it will bring new ball to plunger which then throws off next multi ball with organ
you guys are getting it close to the real machine

#103 ablickle

ablickle

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones

Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:18 PM

Great table - thanks so much to all of the amazing folks who worked on this!

Quick question: Does this need 10.6 to run?  I am on 10.5 and was able to run version 0.93. Just tried 1.0 and find it plays fine until I shot the ball into the mirror - the ball goes missing and I have to restart the game.

Thanks!

Axel

#104 Shockman

Shockman

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,716 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:19 AM

Where is this file located?

#105 dark

dark

3D model-man

• VIP
  • 1,936 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Is the organ on this table currently a primitive?  Do you need one?  I offered to help make this a long time ago if good resources were available, it looks simple enough to make.

#106 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Phantom Of The Opera (Currently, may change tomorrow) ;D

Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:18 PM

Is the organ on this table currently a primitive?  Do you need one?  I offered to help make this a long time ago if good resources were available, it looks simple enough to make.

Yes it has two pieces a surround which has not been modeled, and a piece of metal that's like a aluminum scoop, that is in there and I think is an .obj The Surround is really just to keep the balls from passing behind the scoop. Which is taken care of with collision, but if you look close it's missing. Also there's the little decal of the phantom above the area behind the scoop with the flashers. All do-able, but wasn't a priority on my part.

#107 dark

dark

3D model-man

• VIP
  • 1,936 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:13 AM

Yes it has two pieces a surround which has not been modeled, and a piece of metal that's like a aluminum scoop, that is in there and I think is an .obj The Surround is really just to keep the balls from passing behind the scoop. Which is taken care of with collision, but if you look close it's missing. Also there's the little decal of the phantom above the area behind the scoop with the flashers. All do-able, but wasn't a priority on my part.

You own the table?

Can you send me pics of all the pieces?

Feel free to send me a pm.

Edited by dark, 01 July 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#108 robwaade

robwaade

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

• Favorite Pinball: tales from the crypt munsters phantom of the opera

Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:47 PM

is there any way to lighten up apron when playing in night mode

#109 millansoft

millansoft

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 48 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: funhouse

Posted 05 October 2019 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

Wonderful table, I'm trying to rotate the score display with:

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("rol") = 1

I had done it before a lot of times with several tables, but with this one for some reason ignores that, any clue?

Thanks  a lot.

#110 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:02 AM

I know I'm resurrecting this old thread, but playing POTO again on Pinball Arcade (Forgive me I was bored and away from my cab), I had some thoughts, with VPX 10.6 having a proper subway, with holes in the play-field is now possible, and some more knowledge on how to do GI in 3D Packages, we could do a better more functional job. I think Pinball Universe is down, and I was going to start from the Bigus mod, as he mostly did playability mods, on the physics of the rubbers and such, so I don't want to fracture the feature set. But I'll have to wait 'till the site comes back or maybe someone can PM me a link so I can start from Bigus' mod, otherwise I still have my own version, and I can start there building the play-field, as that won't be different on Bigus' table.

#111 BrandonLaw

BrandonLaw

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tron

Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:24 PM

Would love to see this get some updates!  Msg me if you still need files.  (I have Big's .ver and a few small mods of my own)

"S...O...S"  /repeat

#112 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:00 PM

Render, of the table once I transferred all the Textures, and made materials for them in the 3D Program, so this is not VPX, don't get excited :D

Attached File  poto_render.png   1.58MB   12 downloads

Any info or even draw over where I'm missing GI Bulbs, would be cool.

I modeled the subways between Magic Mirror and the kicker on the right..
As well as the subway between Organ, and the left lane that feeds into the left kicker.

I think those were modeled with ramps by someone, and I don't know yet weather I have to just have the ramps underneath or if I use the collision of the table to guide the ball, I can always remove the subway table geo and only leave the holes.

I have a 3D model of an apron I wanted to use, this one is not right.

Edited by DCrosby, 02 February 2020 - 05:00 PM.

#113 BrandonLaw

BrandonLaw

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 05:28 PM

Wow, D.  That is looking amazing!  We are truly in the era of tables looking better than the real tables.  (Understanding that is in Blender, but just wait...it'll translate to VPX.) 

This was actually the first table I had ever DL'd for VPX and it would be great to assist in anyway that I can.  I do not model, but my focus is on Materials and Images.  Let me know if you would like to see anything redrawn or even tested.  (I use mainly 4k cab, but develop on my DT.)

"S...O...S"  /repeat

#114 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:13 PM

LOL, it was one of the first ones I wanted to download, and it wasn't available for VPX... I was upset... so I made my own :P

#115 BrandonLaw

BrandonLaw

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 February 2020 - 08:52 PM

LOL, it was one of the first ones I wanted to download, and it wasn't available for VPX... I was upset... so I made my own :P

Reach out if you need any assistance.  Otherwise, I will be checking in often.

"S...O...S"  /repeat

#116 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:15 AM

Attached File  POTO_WIP_FP_Ramp.jpg   223.06KB   8 downloads

New Raytraced with GI playfield, and Ramp, ramp has only about 2-3Min, so still noisy, and not representative of final lighting, just wanted to show new-er play-field, I also did a comparison between the latest and greatest I had released and his, there were some Lighting enhancements, for bloom, and light intensity, so you can still read the fonts on the lights below the playfield. So that's all been preserved, but now with 10.6 we have a 3D Subway system for the organ, and the magic mirror / trap door. So hopefully less lost balls due to switch triggers, as the balls physically exist in the trough.

None of the plastics represent the new lighting except the main gantry ramp.

#117 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 10:36 PM

Hello,

Wonderful table, I'm trying to rotate the score display with:

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("rol") = 1

I had done it before a lot of times with several tables, but with this one for some reason ignores that, any clue?

Thanks  a lot.

I don't really know how that's implemented in other tables, can you give me an example of a table where that works, and I can see if I can get a matrix together, the LED elements of the backglass are all in one matrix as I recall, and I'd need to figure out how to multiply them by another matrix to rotate them all based on one pivot... Not simple, but not impossible. Or you could delete the backglass elements and use freezy to for the DMD's led's...

#118 kiwi

kiwi

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 2,517 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek 25th Anniversary

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:33 AM

The rom name "poto" is no longer compatible with the VPinMame,
certain things like rotation may not work,
just replace the old name in the scripts with "poto_a32".

#119 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 02:52 AM

The rom name "poto" is no longer compatible with the VPinMame,
certain things like rotation may not work,
just replace the old name in the scripts with "poto_a32".

I never understood why that worked in the first place, every other table needs the specific rom name / version, but it wasn't broke until now, so I left it. But  makes sense, I'll make sure to update it for VPX 10.6 and add that change to the required rom.

#120 DCrosby

DCrosby

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 05:48 AM

So it's not that I haven't been working on this, I'm having issues with the process, I somehow am having a lot of problems with getting a semi-transparent surface, that scatters light (Decal) inside a Plastic Resin piece, and get the caustics, translucency, illumination to look right. I'll keep plucking away at it, but without it I think it's only a partial job.

This is for all the plastics on the playfield.

Edited by DCrosby, 08 February 2020 - 05:49 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Poto