#21 deadsoulz

deadsoulz

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 175 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:35 AM

I just played my first game of this new release, The Ball Got stuck past the left ramp where at the ship where it increased your warp speed. I tried bumping it out, but couldn't. Also noticed a ball getting stuck on the probe launcher, but bumping there seemed to help. I will try and reproduce. Thanks for the great looking table!

#22 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,420 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:28 AM

Yes, I had the ball getting stuck inside a few walls. I though the was fixed in the VP9, but I see that the ball still can go trough some walls. But I'll build some extra walls to try to stop that. I guess I'll release a new version this evening with many bug fixes.

JP

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#23 Rocko Bonaparte

Rocko Bonaparte

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Revenge From Mars

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

I had installed Visual Pinball specifically to try this table, though I am more than sure I'll be trying other ones with it later. The table seems to mimic well the ball behavior of an arcade machine I've tried. That is to say that it's just about as equally cruel. I can't quite get a handle on it. I guess because it's a wider body, they could move the flippers apart. And beyond that they don't seem to raise as high as on normal machines. This recreation seems to do all that right--unfortunately for me. I have the hardest time hitting a lot of the ramps in this game. The alpha quadrant is especially bad because I usually end up bounding off one of the posts around it and draining. The start [mission] hole next to it is just as bad.

I also have a lot of trouble trapping in this one, mostly due to the flippers not raising too high. And when I do trap, I can't get enough force to hit this ramps. I'll take any gameplay hints anybody can muster since I seem to be particularly bad at this machine.

Edited by Rocko Bonaparte, 25 October 2010 - 05:32 AM.

#24 Sheltemke

Sheltemke

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones(Williams), Attack from Mars

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:20 AM

Yesterday while testing the versions i get 10.5B score(and thats just an average score with sttng) with a non working cannon. So you only need patience and practice.

With this flipper power settings you can easily shoot any ramp in this game, so just play more dude.

That's my hint wink.gif
Have a nice day smile.gif

QUOTE (Rocko Bonaparte @ Oct 25 2010, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had installed Visual Pinball specifically to try this table, though I am more than sure I'll be trying other ones with it later. The table seems to mimic well the ball behavior of an arcade machine I've tried. That is to say that it's just about as equally cruel. I can't quite get a handle on it. I guess because it's a wider body, they could move the flippers apart. And beyond that they don't seem to raise as high as on normal machines. This recreation seems to do all that right--unfortunately for me. I have the hardest time hitting a lot of the ramps in this game. The alpha quadrant is especially bad because I usually end up bounding off one of the posts around it and draining. The start machine hole next to it is just as bad.

I also have a lot of trouble trapping in this one, mostly due to the flippers not raising too high. And when I do trap, I can't get enough force to hit this ramps. I'll take any gameplay hints anybody can muster since I seem to be particularly bad at this machine.

Edited by Sheltemke, 25 October 2010 - 05:21 AM.

#25 PinballDork

PinballDork

Hobbyist

• Charter Member
  • 36 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:26 PM

Thanks JP!

I'm getting my STNG cabinet next week to build a FS VP machine. I had a real Machine that burnt in a house fire.. so this will be a awesome replacement. My daughter loves this game and be happy its (semi) back.

My wife and I did the Norweigan Jade cruise last January... It was great. In Egypt (Alexandria) we used Memphis tours and it was personalized and cheaper that the ships tours. http://www.memphistours.com/ If you need any info let me know.

Can't wait to get out of Singapore and back in to the states to try this table.... THANK YOU!

#26 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,420 posts

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

Update 1.01 is up with many bug fixes smile.gif Well, they were small bugs, but now it is the best I can do. Still there is the bug with the cannons not receiving the ball, but the table does a search and it serves the ball.

JP

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#27 gStAv

gStAv

Pinball Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:21 PM

Thanks alot!!! love39.gif

3rs054-6.png

#28 lettuce

lettuce

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Oct 25 2010, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Update 1.01 is up with many bug fixes smile.gif Well, they were small bugs, but now it is the best I can do. Still there is the bug with the cannons not receiving the ball, but the table does a search and it serves the ball.

JP

Could the search for ball be rom releated??

#29 Bob5453

Bob5453

I'm taking a nap

• VIP
  • 3,896 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Any table I can play while sitting in a rocking chair

• Trophies:

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:45 AM

Fantastic table! I can't believe you can make a table look this great and not use a single reel.

Thanks for a real beauty.

Posted Image

You have discovered an Easter egg. Pat yourself on the back.

#30 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,420 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:29 AM

Yes, I decided when I started making the VP9 tables that I should not use a single reel, mostly to make it angle independent, so anyone can change the view to suit their preferences or screen resolution. I know it is easier to use reels, but the tables can look good too without reels smile.gif

I'm not sure what causes the search for the ball. It may be rom version related, but it may be the timers of the underplayfield tunnel. But I have tried many combinations and they work the same: it works for the most part and suddenly the ball doesn't come out to the cannon, and this happens to the left one and to the right one. But still it works quite well, since the rom finds the ball, but sometimes it ejects the locked balls too.

JP

vp.jpg

#31 Spacejack

Spacejack

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

God this table is gorgeous...

I'm having a problem with the PinMAME sound though... for some reason it's just not engaging. I've switched out the ROM and it behaved the same on both... volume is at 25. The vp sound for the table's flippers and mechanics works fine, just the ROM sound is completely absent. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

#32 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Spacejack @ Nov 13 2010, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having a problem with the PinMAME sound though... for some reason it's just not engaging. I've switched out the ROM and it behaved the same on both... volume is at 25. The vp sound for the table's flippers and mechanics works fine, just the ROM sound is completely absent. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here?

Try pushing F1 and seeing if the sound and samples is checked...then F3 to reset
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#33 Spacejack

Spacejack

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Nov 13 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try pushing F1 and seeing if the sound and samples is checked...then F3 to reset

Sound and sample are both checked. Resets, restarts... no sound. I know this has got to be some tiny little switch that I'm somehow missing. Thanks for the suggestion, I had not checked that before you said it.

Edited by Spacejack, 13 November 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#34 Hallis

Hallis

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Back to the Future table.

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (Spacejack @ Nov 13 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sound and sample are both checked. Resets, restarts... no sound. I know this has got to be some tiny little switch that I'm somehow missing. Thanks for the suggestion, I had not checked that before you said it.

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I CAN hear the background music but it is very very very faint. despite the volume sliders being all the way up.

#35 Sabbat

Sabbat

The Pinball Monk

• VIP
  • 4,506 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

• PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Hallis @ Nov 14 2010, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Spacejack @ Nov 13 2010, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm having a somewhat similar issue. I CAN hear the background music but it is very very very faint. despite the volume sliders being all the way up.

When you say volume sliders do you mean vp's built in volume or the ROMS volume? vp9's volume you can turn up and down with the - and + keys.

The ROM volume you can turn up by pushing End and then 9 or 8 and then pushing End again to close the coin door
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#36 RipleYYY

RipleYYY

Belgian do it better !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

• Flag: Belgium

• Favorite Pinball: Bally Lost World

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:17 PM

i came here due to the probe bug...

and for those who have sounds prob : just push "end" key to open the door, now set the sound with "9" or "0" (or "8")

wink.gif

edit : and oups cause SM just said it above

++

Edited by RipleYYY, 17 November 2010 - 07:17 PM.

Aliens 2, Area 51, Asterix, Bally Tribute, ET, Evel Knievel, Frontier, Galaxian, Inspector Gadget, Lilo & Stitch, Looney Tunes, Lost World, Mata Hari, Night Mission, Power Play, Rayman, Rolling Stones 2, Stalker, Santa Odyssey, Tempest, Timon & Pumbaa, Williams Tribute, World Cup 2002, Zombie

Tanx to (alphabetical order) : BLACK, CUTTER, DESTRUK, EALA, JP, JOE ENTROPY, KINSEY, KRISTIAN, LOSERMAN, LUVTHATAPEX, RANDY, SCAPINO, SHIVA, STRANGELEO (hope i did not forget someone... )

#37 DedRok_V

DedRok_V

Crazed Pinball Wizard (Australia's Former #1)

• Platinum Supporter
  • 2,238 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Avengers Blue LE : Judge Dredd : Cosmic Princess

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Nov 2 2010, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure what causes the search for the ball. It may be rom version related, but it may be the timers of the underplayfield tunnel. But I have tried many combinations and they work the same: it works for the most part and suddenly the ball doesn't come out to the cannon, and this happens to the left one and to the right one. But still it works quite well, since the rom finds the ball, but sometimes it ejects the locked balls too.

JP

The real machine gets this problem alot also, mainly caused by bad switches/optos and opto alignment, and like you said with the under playfield tunnel. Possibly rom related, but not from what I remember. smile.gif

Never did get that problem to work correctly. think.gif search.gif

Did a quick search

Problem: On STNG (Star Trek Next Generation), when I turn the game on, it constantly tries to load balls in the under ball runways.
It starts with all 6 balls in the ball through. Now it starts the initialization and shoots one ball via the catapult into the left side tunnels below the playfield. It ends in the upper tunnel, then it kicks out a second ball via the catapult which is again going into the upper tunnel. Now the strange thing happens. It ejects one of the balls from the upper tunnel and lets it drain. As soon as the ball drains, a new ball gets kicked out via the catapult (and going into the upper tunnel again). This is an endless loop as the ball drain and re-catapulting steps are repeated. Why?

Answer: the game is trying to load the two guns endlessly (the machine loads a ball under each gun at initialization). It should put one ball in the upper tunnel and one ball under the left gun, and one under the right gun. Then three balls should stay in the trough. Be aware if fuse 103 on the Power Driver Board is blown (3A slow blow), the game will not start and will constantly throw out balls. Fuse 103 powers the solenoid which controls the upper diverter on the under-the-playfield diverter. Without a working diverter, the game can't load the balls where it wants, and the game will attempt to load and reload balls continually.

As a test, try this: go into the feature adjustments and set both guns to "Broken=Yes". This will disable the guns. If the machine then starts up OK, you have a problem with a gun assembly optos, or the under-playfield diverters. Enable each gun individually to see which one causes the failure. Also a dirty/broken opto in the upper tunnel can cause this problem.

Edited by DedRok_V, 18 November 2010 - 01:30 PM.

Blueprint game : up to date list http://www.vpforums....s...st&p=147107

#38 ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper

• Platinum Supporter
  • 321 posts

• Favorite Pinball: NA

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

helps?

just for future reference for someone else as well.

Great table! I need to play it MORE!

Regards,
Clicker

Edited by ClickerSnapper, 18 November 2010 - 02:11 PM.

Video Links:
Posted videos (WIP/Helps) of what I have learned/done so far with the help from
FP/VP forum members and want to share with the group.
You Tube Help Videos

Regards,
Clicker
[email protected]

#39 Spacejack

Spacejack

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

"and for those who have sounds prob : just push "end" key to open the door, now set the sound with "9" or "0" (or "8")"

Would that it were so. But the sounds prob I'm having is not addressed by this.

#40 njamont

njamont

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 409 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:49 AM

is it me or does the ball drain very fast on the left side ....