#41 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:41 AM

Hmmm, I seem to have completely missed that pack of three tables released on Steam on 12th Sept 2018.  I'll have to buy it and have a look when I get a moment.

In short though, no I haven't done the B2S for them (since I completely missed them), but will gladly accept any 1920 x 1080 artwork that would facilitate their creation  :tup:  

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#42 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:23 AM

I bought the pack of 3 missing Star Wars tables this weekend and have started work on them (ROMs setup, names added to DOFLinx, FX3 files in daft, beta backglasses for all).  I'm off on holidays for a couple of weeks and will pick it up when I get back.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#43 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:59 AM

I got the backglasses. FX3 files and addressable LED setups done for the three Star Wars tables in the pack plus Droids.  Still three to go, until next week of course when there will be six to go.

DOFLinx

#44 Kernel

Kernel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Stones 'n Bones

Posted 20 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Wow, I've missed this, GREAT job DDH69!

Are these backglasses ok also for a three monitors setup?

Do you plan to add the three new wliliams tables?

#45 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

I run a three monitor setup, so that's what they've been built on.

Yes, almost finished the new three, a couple of days away.

DOFLinx

#46 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

Just added links to the three new Bally games in Williams Volume 3, Theatre of Magic, The Champion Pub and Safe Cracker.

enjoy .....

DOFLinx

#47 hawkeyez88

hawkeyez88

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Back to the Future

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Could someone give me a hand with getting FX3 & FX2 backglasses working? FX3 is good, FX2 isn't for some reason. Files are located in the paths listed below, and relocation is turned off.

# The location of the .FX2 game specific files included with the DOFLinx release package
# Ensure your path has a \ on the end of it

PATH_FX2=C:\DirectOutput\FX2\

# The path to where you keep all of the .directb2s files that you've downloaded for use with FX2

PATH_FX2_B2S=C:\DirectOutput\FX2_B2S\

# This is the folder where B2SServer.exe can be found on your system

PATH_B2S_SERVER=C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\

# The location of the .FX3 game specific files included with the DOFLinx release package

PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\FX3\

# The path to where you keep all of the .directb2s files that you've downloaded for use with FX3

PATH_FX3_B2S=C:\DirectOutput\FX3_B2S\

# This is the folder where B2SServer.exe can be found on your system

PATH_B2S_SERVER=C:\Pinball\Visual Pinball\Tables\

#48 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:40 AM

Add this DEBUG=1 to the DOFLinx.ini file

Also post your ini file -- Except for the bottom half (GAME colors)

Clear the log

Try to run FX2

Post log

#49 hawkeyez88

hawkeyez88

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Back to the Future

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:23 AM

Thanks Pinball Wizard - I don't know why I didn't think to enable the log. In clear text it let me know that my fx2 file wasn't named correctly. Fixed the name to match and it's good now. Thank you!

Add this DEBUG=1 to the DOFLinx.ini file

Also post your ini file -- Except for the bottom half (GAME colors)

Clear the log

Try to run FX2

Post log

#50 billmcse

billmcse

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

• Favorite Pinball: ALL

Posted 13 April 2019 - 08:11 PM

Can these backglasses run with FX3 natively.....without a front end like Pinup? If so, how?

#51 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 09:11 PM

Can these backglasses run with FX3 natively.....without a front end like Pinup? If so, how?

Yes with this

https://www.vpforums...&showfile=12318

#52 jdsabin1

jdsabin1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

• Favorite Pinball: A sucker for EM tables....

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:27 PM

Is there a link anywhere for an all-in-one download? Clicking and downloading 70+ B2S links isn't what it's cracked up to be ;). Thx. 

'The ball is wild!' - Harry Williams

#53 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Is there a link anywhere for an all-in-one download? --- No

#54 mremulator

mremulator

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:38 PM

@DDH69... I'm just testing some of your B2S files with FX3 and noticed a couple of things:

In Aliens when the light flashes behind the marine's gun for example, I'm seeing a white rectangle flash up instead of just the gun flare if that makes sense?

Also when in FX3 (not frontend like PinballX), when switching between tables I loose video/audio sync for a couple of seconds whilst the backglass loads. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Edited by mremulator, 16 May 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#55 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:42 AM

I've tested all of the animations in the Aliens backglass but cannot reproduce the effect you are describing.  Any chance of a video?  The question on my mind relates to, is this a problem with the B2S (nothing reported by anyone else) or is there something unique / a problem with your setup.  I have not heard of such a thing before, hence the video request, lets find out if its a single backglass issue or a wider B2S question that others might have more of an idea with.

You can test a B2S used with DOFLinx and FX3 by starting up DOFLinx with DEBUG=1 and selecting the test option for B2S.  This is much easier than trying to trigger everything from the game.  Knowing which animation causes the issue should help.  Use the full B2S file name and the animations to test in this B2S are:

NUMBER1

BUILDING

ALIEN1

ALIEN2

ALIEN3

ALIEN4

SKY1

GUNFLASH

SKY2

TROOPER

FIRE

LIGHT1

LIGHT2

LIGHT3

As for the change over of B2S, as different games are highlighted in FX3,  DOFLinx checks the game highlighted and loads that backglass.  As the B2S server changes over there may be some noticeable change.  I think mine is pretty smooth, but not sure how much interuption you are getting.  Again a video would be great.

DOFLinx

#56 mremulator

mremulator

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:24 PM

Just updating B2S Backglass Server to 1.3.0.3 and updating drivers for my Nvidia GTX 1070Ti. Will then report back. ;-)

#57 mremulator

mremulator

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:32 PM

OK... Updated B2S server and GPU drivers. Now the playfield does not loose sync when browsing tables in FX3. Must have been one or the other?

However, blocky/not fully transparent effects still remain in Alien backglass...

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Does the same in many other FX3 B2S backglasses for me by the way. In E.T the sun is square when lit for example.

Perhaps this is normal? However, VPX B2S backglasses are fine? I.E. good transparency and lighting effects shaped nicely around objects, which are still visible in the foreground when lit.

On a different note, where can I find "Rome" and "Masters of the Force" backglasses please? The link is no longer working on page 1 of this thread?

Thanks for your help BTW... appreciate it!

Edited by mremulator, 17 May 2019 - 09:14 PM.

#58 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:24 PM

The rectangles look to be the areas highlighted for lighting effects, but for some reason you are getting a very blocky effect.  It may be worth posting your video and issue as a new thread so that others with backglass experience besides just FX3 see it.  I think the issue is more driver setup related rather than just this backglass.

On a different note, where can I find "Rome" and "Masters of the Force" backglasses please? The link is no longer working on page 1 of this thread?

There never has been a link, as per the section they are in, they have not been created yet.

DOFLinx

#59 mremulator

mremulator

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 11:22 AM

The rectangles look to be the areas highlighted for lighting effects, but for some reason you are getting a very blocky effect.  It may be worth posting your video and issue as a new thread so that others with backglass experience besides just FX3 see it.  I think the issue is more driver setup related rather than just this backglass.

There never has been a link, as per the section they are in, they have not been created yet.

I was referring to a post by Senseless on the 23rd March last year on page 1?

Is there a way of creating a couple of basic B2S files for Rome and Masters of the Force (image only) just to fill the gap in the meantime?

I fixed the blocky issue by the way... The wife had set the DPI scaling to 125% because she said the desktop icons on the cab were too small (4K screen)!!!

Edited by mremulator, 18 May 2019 - 04:20 PM.

#60 lost soul

lost soul

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Favorite Pinball: star wars

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

Keep up the great work DDH69, i'm looking forward to your last few for the collection, thank you for all your hard work, it all looks so good.

Edited by lost soul, 24 May 2019 - 05:46 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx