LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Took a little while getting the cab set up but once i did it looks awesome..just need a way to remove the speaker panel.. Huge improvement over last one.. Every table ran at a steady 60fps great job!... I loved scared stiff!!!! :)

#42 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Maybe I missed something but why is real fullscreen not possible like in VP (1-pf,2-bg,3-dmd)? Is dB2S supported yet? With the Fake Screen All option I have a massive decrease in fps, Real Fullscreen is 60fps.

And one config question: I can not get the camera settings to work. The sliders do not effect anything here...

Great release! The physics behave like real! :)

#43 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

I cant get this new version to work. I am running winxp and GTX 660 card. Using fake fullscreen setting. When I try to drag the pf or bg the graphics look like the picture and I if I try and hit the save button it doesn't save my progress.

I was able to get the pre alpha working. Not sure why this one is not playing nice?

uity_zps6672fe17.jpg

#44 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

The Night Owl..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

you hit save then you have to hit the calibrate button again to make the drag points go away then exit and restart

Edited by LoadedWeapon, 20 February 2014 - 11:21 PM.

#45 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

Maybe I missed something but why is real fullscreen not possible like in VP (1-pf,2-bg,3-dmd)? Is dB2S supported yet? With the Fake Screen All option I have a massive decrease in fps, Real Fullscreen is 60fps.

And one config question: I can not get the camera settings to work. The sliders do not effect anything here...

Great release! The physics behave like real! :)

The dx9 version of vp is also only working with fake fullscreen or call it windowed fullscreen ..

#46 BilboX

BilboX

Enthusiast

• Unit3D Pinball Team
  • 433 posts

• Flag: France

• Favorite Pinball: Metallica, Addams Familly, Scared Stiff, White Water

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

If you need this, I have two more great playfields JP and I made some time ago: Bad Cats and Medieval Madness

https://www.dropbox.... Madness-PF.psd

https://www.dropbox..../BadCats-PF.psd

Links are available only a short time, I'll remove them as soon as I got the info that they were downloaded...

Arg, coming back from sport too late, just missed it :). MM is interesting for me, I'll check with Louizou.

This is amazing!  :) Thanks for all the hard work.
Hope to get everything running by tomorrow.

Once you are ready to start with the DOF integration, please let me know. I'll be happy to help.
There is just one problem to solve. DOF cant be called directly from Unity, due to the Used Mono version (DOF is c# 4.0). I think we'll either need a wrapper for DOF which hiddes the true nature of DOF from Mono or we need some kind of communication infrastructure which can send data to a separately running DOF process. I'm sure we will find a solution.

Thanks! No problems, it becomes a top priority (I am building my cab too ;)).

wow, great job.  I really love how you can see the ball launch out of the playfield kicker and get some air in Class of 1812.  

1 small fix, update version in the menu options (it still says Pre Alpha 2).

Really like how 1812 and scared still plays!  Thanks Team!

Also I have to hide my windows taskbar so it does not show with fake full screen, is that normal?

Right for the version name: we decided to chenge to alpha on the last time :). Sorry for the windows bar, it sometimes happen with the win32 API :S...

When launching Unit3D Pinball.exe by double clicking the exe in Windows explorer, I just get this:

Extractor
(X) Impossible de trouver le chemin spécifié.
OK   

Then a small, blank window with "Extractor" in the title bar. Closing this closes the entire application.

When I launch it by dragging Dr Dude.upt onto a shortcut of Unit3D Pinball.exe, I get a loading progress bar DMD, some messages about compiling scripts, then:

Oops!
The game crashed.
The crash report folder named "2014-02-20_180516" next to game executable.
It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!
OK   

Zip of crash folder:

http://www.wookilar....2-20_180516.zip

Are you running on XP? We did not test and I think we will not support it anymore (as did Microsoft :)): really long to test/maintain on every system, really sorry.

I cant get this new version to work. I am running winxp and GTX 660 card. Using fake fullscreen setting. When I try to drag the pf or bg the graphics look like the picture and I if I try and hit the save button it doesn't save my progress.

I was able to get the pre alpha working. Not sure why this one is not playing nice?

you hit save then you have to hit the calibrate button again to make the drag points go away then exit and restart

Yeah, known bug: the redraw is not done well so you think this is handle but it is only some king of "ghost". To save cab calibration, you need to re-click on "calibrate cab" when you finished setting up virtual windows.

Great release! The physics behave like real!  :)

The dx9 version of vp is also only working with fake fullscreen or call it windowed fullscreen ..

Yeah, if windows is running on multiple virtual desktops, real fullscreen is not possible... Don't know if B2S will be supported (not really UP philosophy), but DOF will definitely be ;).

I just donated and I encourage everyone to do the same (if you didn't already). This might be the game changer we all were waiting for.

Incredible progress! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning to very soon.

Man, so many great things started happening since I built my cabinet. Talk about great timing!  :)

The only thing that I thought looked weird in some of the videos was the size of the ball. It looked like a shinny tennis ball!  :P

Other than that, models, physics and lighting look pretty darn incredible.

BilboX,

great work on the ZBrush models. I'm a ZBrush artist myself and in fact do this for a living. Always cool to see videos showing how other fellow artists work.

Amazing team effort, guys!

-Kris

Thank you very MUCH! You know what? I think I know you: I guess it goes back some years ago, and that I paged one of your tutorials on vocanson.fr . Am I right?

Man, you made AWESOME progress! Incredible art, and portfolio too, for big production...  :dblthumb:  :love39:  :otvclap: .

Now I just sculpt crappy things from times to times, but I'd like to improve skills on that...

Good luck for your cab !!

Edited by BilboX, 20 February 2014 - 11:44 PM.

UP2

#47 bent98

bent98

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

Ok, thanks. Got it working. Getting 30 fps. Tried disabling things but fps doesn't go up.

#48 hotgraphics

hotgraphics

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

Beautiful work guys. One problem I'm having is with Class of 1812, I can't insert a coin for some reason. All the other tables work fine. Any ideas?.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2670QM @ 2.20GHz (Up to 3.1GHz) Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
GRAPHICS: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, Os: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

#49 louizou

louizou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BlackKnight2k T2 Twilight Zone

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Beautiful work guys. One problem I'm having is with Class of 1812, I can't insert a coin for some reason. All the other tables work fine. Any ideas?.

Do you have the nvram file for this one ?

uplogomini.png

Continue helping us at [email protected]

#50 hotgraphics

hotgraphics

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

Do you have the nvram file for this one ?

Yes, I have the clas1812.nv under nvram in pinmame. Still won't accept coins. Unless there's a specific nvram file I have to use for Class of 1812?. I tried deleting the nvram file but still no luck. Also use additional Gui DMD doesn't seem to work either, just shows the one DMD on the machine.

Edited by hotgraphics, 21 February 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#51 mystman12

mystman12

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: White Water

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:13 AM

Awesome, I managed to get my table loaded by removing most statements from one of the released table scripts and literally have been popping the ball around the table with the right click and firing it all over the shop lol.

Could you copy and paste the code here? That would be really helpful.

"What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos, from Gravity Falls
tilt!tilt!tilt!3.gif
I'm working on a Future Pinball game, called Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride! Check out my blog if you want to know more!

#52 louizou

louizou

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BlackKnight2k T2 Twilight Zone

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

For class of 1812, you need a specific nvram file indeed, you got it here:

http://www.vpforums....s&showfile=1362

For the additional dmd, i got the same here--> BUG List

uplogomini.png

Continue helping us at [email protected]

#53 hotgraphics

hotgraphics

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

For class of 1812, you need a specific nvram file indeed, you got it here:

http://www.vpforums....s&showfile=1362

For the additional dmd, i got the same here--> BUG List

Thanks louizou, worked a treat.

#54 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Ok, thanks. Got it working. Getting 30 fps. Tried disabling things but fps doesn't go up.

Mmm. I mentioned earlier in thread of 25-30fps with win8 but win7 is 60fps. Only thing different between the two OS is the gfx drivers & the win7 is quite an old install.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#55 xzotic

xzotic

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 629 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TOTAN

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

It's so amazing I just had to donate!! Thanks so much guys this really is an amazing piece of work! 

I vote that Unit3D gets its own section on the vpforum boards!!??  :otvclap:

Edited by xzotic, 21 February 2014 - 08:26 AM.

|

|

YouTube: www.spaciesarcade.com

#56 Herweh

Herweh

Backglass fan

• VIP
  • 452 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Yes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

When launching Unit3D Pinball.exe by double clicking the exe in Windows explorer, I just get this:

Extractor
OK   

Then a small, blank window with "Extractor" in the title bar. Closing this closes the entire application.

Are you running on XP? We did not test and I think we will not support it anymore (as did Microsoft :)): really long to test/maintain on every system, really sorry.

I do have this too and I'm running Win 8.1. Looks like this isn't a XP behaviour. I have removed the U3D folder and unzipped the whole package and tables once again but the error message is still popping up. Any ideas?

herwehb2s-avatar-jr-100.pngbreakshot-sig-small3.pngatlantis-sig-small.pngmousinaround-sig6.pngsc-badge1.pnglw-sig.pngembryon-logo0.pngladyluck.pngapollo13_badge3.pngwhirlwind_badge.png

#57 ringorian

ringorian

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

• Favorite Pinball: road show

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Extractor
OK

I do have this too and I'm running Win 8.1. Looks like this isn't a XP behaviour. I have removed the U3D folder and unzipped the whole package and tables once again but the error message is still popping up. Any ideas?

Had it one time and the tmp folder within unit3d was missing. Dont forget to go on properties on the extractor.exe and check that the file comes from a different computer ...

#58 Herweh

Herweh

Backglass fan

• VIP
  • 452 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Yes

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Extractor
OK

Had it one time and the tmp folder within unit3d was missing. Dont forget to go on properties on the extractor.exe and check that the file comes from a different computer ...

Thanks man, it's the tmp folder. Don't know when it happened but the tmp folder was removed. This happened on two PCs so I'm sure the folder wasn't removed from me.

herwehb2s-avatar-jr-100.pngbreakshot-sig-small3.pngatlantis-sig-small.pngmousinaround-sig6.pngsc-badge1.pnglw-sig.pngembryon-logo0.pngladyluck.pngapollo13_badge3.pngwhirlwind_badge.png

#59 neohusky

neohusky

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Great work guys!

A couple of questions for Unity3D running on my Cab:

1. I can't seem to launch ball on Addams Family.  SS and IJ both launch OK with "Enter" button and with plunger.  Credits get added OK and the start button works fine but for the life of me I can't launch the ball. The flippers also work fine. Am I missing something?

2. I have a real DMD and speaker panel in my cab. When using B2S with VP the DMD/speakerpanel can be hidden.   Is there a way to do this with Unit3D? The Translite looks very messy with the duplication of DMD.

#60 Glxb

Glxb

Enthusiast

• VIP
  • 385 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Still haven't tried on my main pc, but before I do I have a couple of questions:

If I use this version will I be able to convert one of my tables fully, or do I need something else.?

Can I just write the script in notepad and save as script.cs?

I still need to examine the scripts for one of the tables already done to understand what I'm doing. ;)

I plan on doing these tables first as they should be easier ones to start with:

Simpsons Data East

Star Wars Data East.

If/when I get them done someone would need to tweak the physics for me.

GLXB

EDIT:

Also BTTF.

Another question, The way I understand how this works, I assume I can add higher poly models and higher res gfx to the fp table and even though they wouldn't work very well in fp they should be ok in Unit3d?

Edited by Glxb, 21 February 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Follow me on twitter. @GLXB

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unit3D Pinball