Verkmastare

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Eight Ball Deluxe

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:07 PM

I don't really know how to describe what I am seeing.  I decided to move parts of various cabinets together into one, and re-install my system.  I did a basic windows 7 install (which has been working on every other cabinet I have built).  Using the VP Installer I installed to c:\Visual Pinball.  Loaded only 1 table, my favorite to test everything with (Lord of the Rings).  Started game, sound good, table graphics look good.  Started to play and suddenly realized that it looked like there were parts of the background images that were on higher layers (Photoshop reference) than my ball or flipper images.  When I activate the flippers, they go visually 'under' a random area and part fo the flipper image disappears (until I release the flipper, then it returns to rest position and image is complete.  There are small areas also that block out the ball as it rolls on the table.  Is there something I am not remembering about setup?  Every piece of this cabinet was used successfully without this problem in other cabinets, so I am not willing to jump in blaming hardware.  Anyone have any ideas?

Here, hold my beer. You ain't gonna believe this...

#2 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,060 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

I would guess you have an AMD video card. If so , go into Preferences-> Video and turn on Something like Alternate Depth Processing