#1 Pmax65

Pmax65

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 131 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 01 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

I initially made my pinball cabinet with a stereo 20W class D amplifier connected to the AUX output of the sound card and the 2 volume control buttons selected via the VP configuration worked right showing the the level bar.

Successively I preferred to remove the class D amplifier and instead of it, now I use the HDMI audio stream of the backglass  monitor. This because the class D amplifier embedded into the monitor is just 10W (which is more than enough for my goal), but it has a very little   noise background compared to the sound card AUX output, especially when a game is running at an high frame per second rate. This solution is really great for the audio quality, but I experienced a non working volume control via the 2 volume control buttons selected via the VP configuration. The level bar close to the edge of the playfield still works great, but there is no volume control at all.

If I use the windows mixer the volume is easily adjustable and everything works right.

Does anybody here know a way to make the volume control buttons work right?

Edited by Pmax65, 12 July 2019 - 01:39 PM.

Everywhere a ball rolls, there's fun!

#2 Pmax65

Pmax65

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 131 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

I finally solved the issue, I publish this message just in case someone had the same issue.

I find in the web this SW:

https://github.com/mjrgh/PinVol

Running it at the system startup and setting the right push buttons, it works great with the HDMI audio streaming (contrarily to the VP volume controls).

It also allow a differentiated volume adjustment by table.

Take care of setting to None the volume buttons into the VP options key/buttons setup to avoid an useless duplicate of the setting indicator when you push the volume buttons.

Many thanks to mjrgh who designed and shared this SW.

Massimo

Everywhere a ball rolls, there's fun!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Visual Pinball