#1 tgx

tgx

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 297 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: You mean today?

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:05 PM

Just curious to hear who is running old versions of Windows and what version of VP you are

running on it. Are you using PuP, PinballX/Y, Other, None? I would like to know what you can coax out of

older versions of Windows. I know that older OS's seem to really fly on modern hardware so I am curious

if you are able to leverage that in some way to improve your gameplay by not having AI analysis of where the

ball is, random web searches and keylogging. ;)

Ultimately I think it comes down to video driver availability and performance on older OS but would like to hear

your thoughts.

#2 Itchigo

Itchigo

Pinball Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: All

• Trophies:

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:02 AM

I'm running the oldest of all. V1. :tongue3:  (I really run 7 x64 bit).

broken-window-repair-rotting-retina_reti

Edited by Itchigo, 24 April 2024 - 09:02 AM.

Founder of Rogue Pinball! https://roguepinball.com/index.php                 Making Pinball great again!!

partylikeits1776-.jpg

#3 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,440 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 25 April 2024 - 02:56 PM

I guess people run older versions of Windows because they have older computers. Usually there are no new chipset drivers for older OS, so if you buy a new computer and you try to install Windows 7 then most probably it will not work. I guess some people still are running XP on their cabs, but they are running older VP versions :)

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)