Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

PINemHi & PINemHi LeaderBoard v3.6.1 badges,challenges,top10's on cabinet and 5min-mode!

pinemhi pinemhi leaderboard hiscores highscores visual pinball online badges top 10 friends challenges

• Please log in to reply
1075 replies to this topic

#1 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

This new version is PINemHi and PINemHi LeaderBoard put together as one installation

Attached File  PINemHi and PINemHi Leaderboard v3.6.1.zip   6.34MB   27 downloads

Attached File  afm_top 10 best personal scores.png   415.79KB   34 downloads
You can use this one to overwrite your existing pinemhi (you have to set your paths once again once you have overwritten pinemhi.ini though)
Or if you already have the newest version with your frontend and want to leave it as is as it works perfectly fine you can extract this zip in a directory you want.

This piece below is just about PINemHi LeaderBoard (online score saving), pinemhi will just work the same and will need a frontend.
------------------------------------
The main reason for this is that pinemhi leaderboard (online score-saving) from now on works without a frontend/plugin.
So if you already use it, make sure you disable any plugins in your frontend
It will work just by starting the pinemhi_rom_monitor (after config has been set up right of course).
Then you can just play by starting vpinball or start your frontend.

You can even let the pinemhi_rom_monitor start whenever you startup your cabinet or when you start your frontend , that way you are certain that your scores are sent to the online database

New features for PINemHi LeaderBoard are:
Works without plugin or frontend
See your Top 10 Best scores for a table on your cabinet or pc
See your special scores for a table on your cabinet or pc
See your Top 10 friends and your score (maximum of 9 friends can be added) on your cabinet or pc
See the Top 10 Best scores made on a table on online PINemHi LeaderBoard on your cabinet or pc
See the Cupstandings and your place in it on your cabinet or pc
Also there are a number of badges that you can earn for a table , you can also see them on your cabinet or pc

Autorotate the popups with the above scores and badges

You can also start challenges with a single press of a button from your cabinet or pc (3 skill levels)

Weekly challenge, you can see the interim scores on your cabinet with a single press of a button

You can adjust all sorts of things like font, fontsize , colors, a background or not and on which screen you want the info
If you want to change the font however I would choose a mono-spaced font (all characters are equally wide) as it centers better

You can also place the popups (centered) where ever you want using x and y position

5 minute mode , after 5 minutes the game will end (also has top 10 lists and cup)

Read the PINemHi LeaderBoard installation and config for more info !

What is PINemHi LeaderBoard again exactly?
PINemHi LeaderBoard is a program that catches the score and specialscores from player 1
The normal score doesn't have to be on the hiscore table of the game, even scores like 1000 can be submitted.
Special scores however can only be submitted if they are over the score of the hiscore table.
Special scores are for instance , 20 loops (back to the future) or 50 martians killed (attack from mars) and so on...
If you wanna go for SPECIAL SCORES the use of a new,clean nvram might be handy as you can get the scores more easy (especially helpful when trying to get a challenge)

If you have a nice score, just don't start a new game but just quit the game, PINemHi LeaderBoard will do the rest.
When quitting a game you don't have to rush , just as long as you don't start a new game the score(s) can be retrieved.

The scores are sent to the website http://pinemhi.com/hiscores.php
Here you can look at your scores and the scores from others and even do challenges.
However with the new version the scores and badges can be seen on your cabinet of pc

Dna Disturber :drinks:

Edited by DnaDisturber, 18 November 2023 - 07:30 PM.

Author of PINemHi & PINemHi Leaderboard........
Website : www.pinemhi.com/hiscores.php (to see all hiscores being made and the challenges)

#2 Mike DA Spike

Mike DA Spike

Pinball Fan

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,196 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to mention

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:06 AM

Thanks ! I will take a look at the Leaderboard part as well !
Looks awesome

331ddabcc742f0ba74791e946eb0f791.gif Try PinballX Database manager as a replacement of PinballX's game list manager
With special thanks to Scutters 

#3 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:34 PM

HI Mike DA Spike,

Would be nice to see more people join the online leaderboard.
Have some friendly competition :-)

Would also be nice to see someone using the new version with the badges (achievements) and the new hiscorelists as it seems i'm the only one using it haha...
It's very handy , you don't have to go the website to see your scores, your friendscores etc....
But enough with the salespitch already ;-)

Cheers

Website : www.pinemhi.com/hiscores.php (to see all hiscores being made and the challenges)

#4 Dave Beedle

Dave Beedle

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 166 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Attack From Mars, Fathom

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

The more the merrier!  I did finally get the new version downloaded and installed.  Need to get to playing some again though.  One of these days!

Edited by Dave Beedle, 01 July 2020 - 06:29 PM.

#5 gpstevens

gpstevens

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 42 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whirlwind, POTC, Eight Ball Deluxe, BOP, Sorcerer

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for this upgrade DNA. Works great on my 4 monitor setup. But, I couldn't get the badges to display at all.  I tried it on the AFM table where I know I have earned badges, but still no go.  I'll keep experimenting with different settings in the pinemhi.ini file to see if I've got something set wrong.

Awesome upgrade!

#6 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:20 PM

Hi gpstevens

The badges are the coolest feature in there , this must be fixed asap :hmm: 

you should have this in pinemhi.ini

badges=1

But my educated guess would be that you don't run the pinemhi_rom_monitor as administrator.
I don't get the badges also when not running it as administrator

:drinks:

#7 gpstevens

gpstevens

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

I got the badges feature to work!  Very cool indeed. Now I want to play each game even more to see how many badges I can get for them.

Anyway, I checked to see if I was running pinemhi_rom_monitor as administrator and I was. So that wasn't the problem.

I noticed in the pinemhi.ini file that I had cup_scores=0, so I thought I would change it to cup_scores=1 just to see what happens. And after this change, the badges started to work!

So for whatever reason, you have to have both badges=1 AND cup_scores=1 for the badges to show up on my setup.

#8 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:21 AM

I'll add the cup_scores bug to the bug list that needs to be squashed :tup:

I've tested it on my setup and indeed, badges don't work when you disable this one.

Thanks for testing and finding out what the reason is.

#9 gpstevens

gpstevens

Hobbyist

• Platinum Supporter
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

Hi DNA,

So I'm really liking this ability to show my top 10 personal high scores on the various tables.  How difficult is it to add additional tables to your list of supported ones? There are about 30 additional tables I'd love to see my personal high scores showing up on. Is there anyway I can help add more tables? I'm not a "coder" per se, but pretty good with computers none-the-less.  I've got spare time these days I could put into helping if it is something that you can train me how to do it.

Just something to consider.

gpstevens

#10 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:01 AM

Sure, no problem i can add others.

I'll first concentrate on the challenges to get them in the system of course but after that i have time

Just make a wishlist in this thread and i'll see what i can do (big bang bar doesn't seem to save the last scores in nvram so if you have that one on your wishlist....sorry :(  )

You can help by playing haha, or in other words testing to see if the scores come through after i added some

#11 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

The challenge system is in ! :dblthumb:

You can now start the challenges with a single press of a button (you can set the key in pinemhi.ini) from your cabinet or pc

You can set the difficulty of the challenges in the pinemhi.ini file (kiddie , normal or insane)

The button (or key) for the challenges only works when you are not playing a game (this to prevent that someone already has a score to beat the challenge, and starts the challenge and then quits and thus easily gets the challenge)

The new version can be downloaded in the first post...It's version PINemhi & PINemHi LeaderBoard v3.2.1

I would recommend to overwrite all files on previous install , maybe rename your old pinemhi.ini to have the paths and user and code easily copied to the new pinemhi.ini file

Hope the challenges make it a lot more interesting to play (badges also will hopefully help)

P.S. The problem with the cup standings disabled and badges not showing because of that is also fixed 

Edited by DnaDisturber, 22 July 2020 - 03:47 PM.

#12 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:09 PM

@gpstevens....got a wanted / wish list yet?

If anyone tried it out, does the challenge button work?
Just want to make sure it's working ok

Edited by DnaDisturber, 02 August 2020 - 03:54 PM.

#13 Dave Beedle

Dave Beedle

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

I did use the challenge button and got the Sopranos score X amount.  Seemed to work just fine.  I also started the next challenge (accidentally) and it wouldn't let me do another and, since I didn't finish that one, it gave be the delay before I could do it again.  So, working as expected I think.

One nit picky thing, the challenge button didn't give the option to start or not, it just tells you what it is and starts, thus the accidental start of the next challenge.  Not a biggie but a little different that on the site itself.

#14 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 11:00 PM

Hi Dave,

Great to hear the challenges work
To keep focus on frontend there are no interactions with the program, to make sure a frontend will keep working properly
That's why there is no confirmation when you start the challenge...

Have to see if this can work like it is now....or else find another solution of course

Been also adding a few games
Ac-dc, x-men,the avengers, transformers, mustang and star trek (stern)
Tested them and they work...you can see them in the pulldown list on the website
Will add some more and give you guys the update.....just one file that needs to be updated in the pinemhi directory

Edited by DnaDisturber, 05 August 2020 - 11:01 PM.

#15 scutters

scutters

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:41 PM

Hi DNA..  my cab is offline at the moment but i am thinking about extending the wifi so i can hook it up and potentially give this a go.

As far as i can tell i need a spare button on the cab to toggle the display on/off, is that correct?

I don't currently have a spare button on the cab that i could use, but that might be ok if the scores are stored as text files that i can read in the front end (pinballx) and display there via a plugin (as scores only, so no fancy medals - but i could live with that). Or in my case would i be better off using the old pinemhi pinballx plugin (which i think did use local text files)?

Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid, i haven't tried the program yet so i'm just asking blind questions based on the what i've read.

Thanks mate.

#16 Dave Beedle

Dave Beedle

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:29 PM

Tested them and they work...you can see them in the pulldown list on the website
Will add some more and give you guys the update.....just one file that needs to be updated in the pinemhi directory

And I had finally played all of the listed tables at least once!  My own small challenge...now I have to catch up!

One thing I noticed...I set the display for cabinet and the box for challengers pops up twice.  One is rotated for the cabinet one is not.

#17 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:33 PM

Hi DNA..  my cab is offline at the moment but i am thinking about extending the wifi so i can hook it up and potentially give this a go.

As far as i can tell i need a spare button on the cab to toggle the display on/off, is that correct?

I don't currently have a spare button on the cab that i could use, but that might be ok if the scores are stored as text files that i can read in the front end (pinballx) and display there via a plugin (as scores only, so no fancy medals - but i could live with that). Or in my case would i be better off using the old pinemhi pinballx plugin (which i think did use local text files)?

Sorry if the questions sound a bit stupid, i haven't tried the program yet so i'm just asking blind questions based on the what i've read.

Thanks mate.

Hi scutters,

There is no such thing as stupid questions.

First of, yes you do need a button/key  to activate it...maybe if you have a left magnasave you can link it to that as not much games are using that.

or do as i did, i bought a little wireless keyboard , works with a usb dongle...that way i can always use the keyboard when necessary.

As for the pinballx plugin...

The text in the plugin is not the same, these are the extracted hiscores from the games.
When you run this new version of pinemhi leaderboard, the scores come  from the online database...you can have your own top 10 for instance from scores that aren't even on the hiscore table.

Or share a top 10 with friends to see who does better :yahoo:

Also a great benefit if someday your nvram is acting up and your scores are gone....the scores are still to be seen online

You'll be missing out on all the new features if you use the "old and obsolete" plugin:

Badges for achievements you've made

Challenges that you can start from your cab/pc

Your personal Top 10 of scores (on your cab/pc)

A top 10 from you and maximum of 9 friends (on your cab/pc)

Seeing your best personal special scores combo's and such (on your cab/pc)

Cup standings, to see how you do against others (on your cab/pc) , this is based on points given for your scores on all games

end of sales pitch :blush:

#18 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:44 PM

And I had finally played all of the listed tables at least once!  My own small challenge...now I have to catch up!

One thing I noticed...I set the display for cabinet and the box for challengers pops up twice.  One is rotated for the cabinet one is not.

Hi Dave,

Yes, I noticed that achievement ( your own small challenge ).....had to put a stop to that mwuhahaha :diablo:

Oops the cabinet view thingy i hadn't tested....I'll take a look to see if i can fix it.

Although you probably will see the not rotated text very briefly after the fix as the program takes a sort of screenshot and then rotates it as a picture

But that would be less than a second i guess

Thanks buddy for pointing that one out

#19 DnaDisturber

DnaDisturber

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 751 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 02:56 PM

Hi Guys,

Got an update for you. 

This will add the following games :

AC-DC

X-men

The Avengers

Mustang

Transformers

Star Trek (Stern)

The Walking Dead

Metallica

Lots of special scores in these games to be made (some have so much I couldn't get them all in i'm afraid)
Also whitewater rom ww_lh6c is supported, (this one was missing, thanks Mike Da Spike for pointing that out)

Just overwrite the pinemhi_leaderboard.exe and that's it.

Enjoy

Dna Disturber :drinks:

* This update is now included in the full installation zip-file in the first post from this thread

Edited by DnaDisturber, 01 January 2021 - 07:24 PM.

#20 scutters

scutters

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 07 October 2020 - 12:33 PM

Finally got this installed! Thanks DNA.

Couple of things.. i'd set best_scores in the ini to 0 and no scores were registering. I figured i didn't really care about the all time best scores by table (i know they'll be better than mine!) that's why i set it to 0, anyway set it to 1 and now things seem to be processing.

Also, is it possible to add cabinet buttons as controls to the ini instead of keys?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pinemhi, pinemhi leaderboard, hiscores, highscores, visual pinball, online, badges, top 10, friends, challenges