clownnut

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: deadpool

Posted 02 January 2023 - 09:48 PM

is DOFlinx work with the new pinball fx or have plan to make it work with the new pinball fx?
sorry, if this have been asked before, i havent keep up with vpin for awhile. now i am back.

#2 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 02 January 2023 - 10:39 PM

Not yet.  I was waiting to see if there was a Steam version of this coming out before acting.  I haven't checked on the roadmap for a few months now, but do know that there is still no Steam version.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#3 clownnut

clownnut

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

• Favorite Pinball: deadpool

Posted 03 January 2023 - 01:47 AM

Not yet.  I was waiting to see if there was a Steam version of this coming out before acting.  I haven't checked on the roadmap for a few months now, but do know that there is still no Steam version.

thanks. i heard they did some nice change on the game mechanics. I dont want to buy in if no DOFlink. 

#4 armyusde

armyusde

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: pirates of the caribbean

Posted 03 January 2023 - 04:52 AM

In their last update, they are shooting for a feb launch for all consoles except the switch which will be a few months later. After that, they said they would be working on cabinet mode and steam would come later. Dont buy tables now because they are changing how you buy tables from tickets to the store model like it has been no more cross play when it launches in February.

#5 armyusde

armyusde

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: pirates of the caribbean

Posted 13 April 2023 - 03:51 PM

Steam version released today and they claim full cabinet support.

#6 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 13 April 2023 - 04:10 PM

BS, I bought it on Epic and it was pretty bad.  Was more like taking a few step backwards from FX3.  Gone was all cab support, plus many other things that the community got working would not work anymore (of course).  I will check it out of course, but I'm holding back my expectations. 

After reading some reviews, I think I was right, this company sucks, charge $ again for a sub par system.

Great news DDH seems like he will tackle it, thanks as it is such a game changer.

Edited by Slydog43, 13 April 2023 - 04:18 PM.

#7 fR33Styler

fR33Styler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash (FX3)

Posted 14 April 2023 - 08:42 PM

Steam version released today and they claim full cabinet support.

Jop... out now... i would love if DOFlinx works with FX... to trigger my SSF  :love39:

My VPIN

#8 maniacman

maniacman

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 15 April 2023 - 02:07 PM

yeah cabinet support on the steam version is way better on the steam version of pinball fx as it is right now on the epic version. Would be great if that would work with doflinx ;)

#9 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 08:21 AM

FYI, I have seen that it's out.  I've done some initial reading.  I will get it installed on he cabinet shortly with at least one table.  I really don't like how much it will cost to get all the tables again to make this work!  A problem for later though.  My main issue at present is that my house is a mess.  I'm doing major renovations (ready to retire in a couple of years) including my games room and workshop.  The great news is that I'll have more space to work on the toys.  For the last week I've been building a room inside my new large shed that will be my electronics and light fabrication workshop.  Now up to the painting and then I'll get some electrical and data connected.  It's a neat 8m x 3m x 2.7m high and air conditioned.  This will get me out of the old space under the house that I've been using for years.

I do suspect this will be just as difficult as FX2 and FX3 given that Steam and Zen have not engaged about setting up any form of integration.  Anyway, yet to be determined, I shouldn't bitch too early.

I will keep this thread updated with any progress I make.  Counting on you Slydog43 for some testing if I get something up and working  :D

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#10 fR33Styler

fR33Styler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash (FX3)

Posted 16 April 2023 - 11:38 AM

If Australia wasn't on the other side of the planet, I would come to renovate and help.

I hope something comes up... and at least you can use the triggers again to control the SSF pup-pack (the generic "ALL" will do)... there DOFlinx FX3 has upgraded so very much, that's great.

Greetings down under and thanks for your efforts

and btw. i only buy the DELTA tables @ FX (same thoughts of the pricing from ZEN) i mean the tables "since end of FX3".. so the new ones only

Edited by fR33Styler, 16 April 2023 - 12:18 PM.

My VPIN

#11 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 22 April 2023 - 11:39 AM

A quick update.  I managed to get a couple of hours this evening to have a first look.  In short, a lot that looks the same on the surface, but clearly a lot different under the covers.  The first interesting thing is that Pinball FX is 64 bit, so immediately all the tools I've written for FX2 and FX3 don't work.  So step #1 for me will be to start a new tool for FX that works with 64 bit processes.  I'll get into this over the next week.  The 64 / 32 bit thing sparks another possible future problem, DOFLinx is 32 bit so that it can drive DOF which is 32 bit, but a 32 bit process can't inspect a 64 bit process, so whatever monitors FX will need to be 64 bit .... I'll deal with this later.

Early indications are that I can't see game selection as you move over the inbuilt menu like FX3.  I can see it once you select the game.  This should be OK because I hope we can start FX direct to a game from the front end menu as we like to do on a cabinet.

So much more to find out and test ,,,,,

DOFLinx

#12 jcramer83

jcramer83

Neophyte

• Silver Supporter
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons

Posted 22 April 2023 - 04:57 PM

A quick update.  I managed to get a couple of hours this evening to have a first look.  In short, a lot that looks the same on the surface, but clearly a lot different under the covers.  The first interesting thing is that Pinball FX is 64 bit, so immediately all the tools I've written for FX2 and FX3 don't work.  So step #1 for me will be to start a new tool for FX that works with 64 bit processes.  I'll get into this over the next week.  The 64 / 32 bit thing sparks another possible future problem, DOFLinx is 32 bit so that it can drive DOF which is 32 bit, but a 32 bit process can't inspect a 64 bit process, so whatever monitors FX will need to be 64 bit .... I'll deal with this later.

Early indications are that I can't see game selection as you move over the inbuilt menu like FX3.  I can see it once you select the game.  This should be OK because I hope we can start FX direct to a game from the front end menu as we like to do on a cabinet.

Thanks so much for your hard work. I look forward to any updates!

#13 SmilesLikeJoker

SmilesLikeJoker

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 83 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Back To The Future

Posted 10 May 2023 - 02:23 PM

I was looking for an answer about 32/64 bit, and this reply answered it.  Someone has compiled up a 64bit DOF.  Basically, they just took all the open source files and compiled in 64 bit according their github wiki. https://github.com/v...cab-Setup-Guide

Not sure if that makes a difference for you or not.  I'm not a coder or anything...  Just trying to be helpful.
Smiles

#14 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 12 May 2023 - 06:17 AM

Thanks for the replies.  Progress is slow for two reasons, its all new, and, I'm not managing to get enough time (its mainly the second one).  Managing to get about 10 hours a week at present, but it really needs more.  There is positive progress but no final breakthrough yet.  Progress is:

- Solved the 32 bit / 64 architectural problem.  Rather than trying to retrofit 64 bit to all other pinball stuff I'm about 50% of the way through creating a 64 bit monitoring program that will "talk" via pipes to DOFLinx.  So essentially when Pinball FX is running and DOFLinx is monitoring you will see two DOFLinx processes, the current (but updated) 32 bit application with its menus and ability to work with all other emulators and drive DOF as it does now, plus a 64 bit program running but not seen that monitors for triggers from Pinball FX and passes them to DOFLinx.

- I've copied the old FX3 discovery toolset I had and am updating for Pinball FX.  So far its just the 64 bit monitoring, correct pointer sizing (fr those programmers amongst you, why did I ever use Int32 and not IntPtr !!), and discovery of game name and menu mode.

- I am able to monitor game selection and movement from play mode to menus in a basic but functional way

- I'm less confident about being able to show backglasses while navigating the selection grid.  Backglasses once a game is selected, for sure.  This means that driving game selection from a front end like PinballX is important.  I haven't looked for the command line options for Pinball FX to start games yet.  If someone has a pointer to that I'd be interested.

I'm still only working with the two free games (Sorcerer's Lair and Wild West Rampage) at present.  Soon I'll dip in the DOFLinx donation account (thank to those who contribute) and purchase a few more of the old FX3 games and a couple of new ones.  Using the old games is easier as there is something to compare to ..... at least that's the logic I'm using so far.

DOFLinx

#15 Suikazz

Suikazz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Flag: Czech Republic

• Favorite Pinball: GoT

Posted 12 May 2023 - 11:10 AM

@ddh69 thanks for all the awesome stuff that you do for the community!

As per Akós, there’s currently no command line option implemented in FX but it’s planned for a future update.

#16 PhantomWang

PhantomWang

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Mayhem

Posted 12 May 2023 - 08:06 PM

@ddh69 thank you so much for all your work, you are a saint. I'm lucky enough to be new to the hobby and buying these tables for the first time so I'd be more than happy to contribute to the DOFLinx donations to help with development.

#17 blastone

blastone

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Favorite Pinball: addams family

Posted 17 May 2023 - 10:49 AM

I'm very new to the virtual pinball scene, literally downloaded FX3 and FX a coupe of days ago. Already bought myself a 43 inch TV for a cabinet, and I'm already looking to see if DOFLinx and FX will play nice together before I go too crazy into the build.
Anyways the reason I post this is to say @ddh69  thanks for all your work and effort.

#18 Everly

Everly

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Swords of Fury

Posted 10 June 2023 - 07:31 PM

- I'm less confident about being able to show backglasses while navigating the selection grid.  Backglasses once a game is selected, for sure.  This means that driving game selection from a front end like PinballX is important.  I haven't looked for the command line options for Pinball FX to start games yet.  If someone has a pointer to that I'd be interested.

I saw yesterday that Zen went live with a patch that allows for Command Line Parameters, which I know Nailbuster highlighted the lack of such was a major hindrance to launching an FX table from the Popper front end.  Hopefully this addition will help.

May your Kickbacks always be active

#19 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 11 June 2023 - 12:51 PM

I see 2 lines that are interesting

Cabinet Mode: native support for DMDExtensions by freezy - a toolbox for digital pinball and dot matrix displays.
Cabinet Mode: Added command line parameters: the game can now be started on the selected table in the desired game mode.

#20 Urko

Urko

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 158 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: The Shadow

Posted 12 June 2023 - 12:27 PM

I see 2 lines that are interesting

Cabinet Mode: native support for DMDExtensions by freezy - a toolbox for digital pinball and dot matrix displays.
Cabinet Mode: Added command line parameters: the game can now be started on the selected table in the desired game mode.

Yep thats what i was waiting for , its great now thye have added that, DOF wont be far away now im sure.

Loads in a game straight from link in your frontend now.

Edited by Urko, 12 June 2023 - 12:27 PM.