gear323

VPXVR is awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: All

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Gear323, can you dropbox the june11th version and share a link please.  Yes version numbers would be very helpful.  

https://www.dropbox....VPX VR Versions

These were the 32bit versions I had downloaded.

Edited by gear323, 17 June 2019 - 12:18 PM.

#822 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family, All Williams 90's Games

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

Thanks but link brings me to my dropbox??

#823 3rdaxis

3rdaxis

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 717 posts

• Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family

• PS3 Gamer Tag: Thirdaxis01

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

And it starts today! Super excited. And about time. prototype_v0.0.1.png

#824 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: There's too many good ones but I really love the atmosphere in Cirque Voltaire!

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

So I just had the chance to download and test the latest release and I can confirm it's performing very slow (50-60 fps in non-stereo non-vr) however my local build runs fine (160-170fps) so something wrong with the release files not the code, I suspect it's an accidental debug build because that will cause it to be slow.

#825 gear323

gear323

VPXVR is awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:22 PM

Thanks but link brings me to my dropbox??

This work?

https://www.dropbox....une 11.zip?dl=0

Or this one

https://www.dropbox....1sY_Rw-wCa?dl=0

Edited by gear323, 17 June 2019 - 04:25 PM.

#826 Caligula_

Caligula_

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 74 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 17 June 2019 - 06:51 PM

I've uploaded a new version with a DMD fix from Rawnei, a VR enable/autodetect/disable option from my side and a Release instead of a Debug build. if AUTODETECT FAILS try to set VR to enabled/disabled (depending on how you want to play). But feel free to report (non-)working HMDs. The code works for my HTC Vive.

Edited by Caligula_, 17 June 2019 - 07:08 PM.

#827 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

Great job, now runs at normal speed again!  I still have the issue that I can only run a table once and then have to quit out of VP in order to run another table.  Right now it just brings me into steam void with nothing displayed, but I see the DMD on my monitor if that helps at all.  Thanks for the quick update

#828 RYSr

RYSr

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 510 posts

• Favorite Pinball: TZ - G&R - MB - CV - Metallica

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

Thanks for the update, but still noticing some things.  I get tons of application frames dropped when running Oculus performance monitor, and get 1/2 of normal FPS (40 instead of 80, exactly).  I also can't seem to run a table twice, I mean I can run a table, quit to editor and then when I try and rerun the same table, it doesn't display in vr headset.  I just see the steam void.  I do see the dmd on the real screen of my TV though and the sdl window.  If I quit out of VP and rerun the table all is fine again for the 1st run.

good news, Ultra DMD works, great, thanks

@Slydog43

Which UltraDMD tables did you get to work?

Did you have to add a textbox, and some code to the script?

#829 Funeral

Funeral

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Addams family

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:51 PM

I was really hoping that the separate VR resizing menu would make changes within the BAM option, but it appears it doesn't change anything when I alter the sizing in the VR options for the tablesize relating to BAM.  Are there any plans to intergrate this as an option?

New update is great!

Thanks!

#830 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 18 June 2019 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the update, will try this later!

#831 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:22 AM

I tested it with America's Most Haunted.  I just added a flasher and set it to use the Script DMD.  It worked just like other DMD's  Good luck

Thanks for the update, but still noticing some things.  I get tons of application frames dropped when running Oculus performance monitor, and get 1/2 of normal FPS (40 instead of 80, exactly).  I also can't seem to run a table twice, I mean I can run a table, quit to editor and then when I try and rerun the same table, it doesn't display in vr headset.  I just see the steam void.  I do see the dmd on the real screen of my TV though and the sdl window.  If I quit out of VP and rerun the table all is fine again for the 1st run.

good news, Ultra DMD works, great, thanks

@Slydog43

Which UltraDMD tables did you get to work?

Did you have to add a textbox, and some code to the script?

#832 RYSr

RYSr

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:52 PM

Great job, now runs at normal speed again!  I still have the issue that I can only run a table once and then have to quit out of VP in order to run another table.  Right now it just brings me into steam void with nothing displayed, but I see the DMD on my monitor if that helps at all.  Thanks for the quick update

I noticed yesterday that if you open 2 tables in the editor, then run one and escape back to the editor, then run the second one and escape back to the editor, you can continually restart either table or any additional ones you open as many time as you want and the problem of it not rendering in the headset on the second try doesn't happen.

That is until you close the editor and restart VPVR.

Thanks for the info on the flasherDMD with use script. :tup:

I hadn't made one before and was confused why you couldn't select it in the backdrop, but it was available in the table view.  

Rather then create a FlasherDMD from scratch each time, I used TAF-VR v8.9 opened the table and found the Flasher1 object at the top of the table, right clicked  on it and copied it then opened AMH in the editor and pasted it. Since it's position was saved I could click anywhere on the table and paste it. It automatically placed at the top of the table. I didn't have to add any code to the script either. I did have to adjust a few of the position values to line it up just right. That's the advantage of the flasherDMD is you can change it's position, where on the textbox solution you can't. I found that on the position settings the X value related to the horizontal position left and right on the table(since this is a table object,unlike the textbox being a backdrop object)  the Y value is the vertical placement, If you drag the object to another position you have to click off the object then back on again to see the numbers change. The height value is the height above the playfield surface. Placing the object at the top center of the table puts it up by the backbox and the height raises it to line up. the the last value the Rotx value rotates the display from a flat position the a vertical position. So this seems totally independent of the DB2s backglass.

My settings were X=510, Y=18, H=602, and Rotx=-87.

Of course since this is uses the External display you have to start the table and press F1 and click the checkbox for use external display, and also check colorize if you have a color ROM and uncheck the standard display. Then hit F3 to restart the table. Naturally on UltraDMD this is not necessary.

Note: this assumes that you have previously downloaded and Installed Freezys extensions and have had them working in normal VPX, before tring to use flasherDMD's. https://github.com/f...nsions/releases

I also tried the other method of adding a textbox with use script checked and capitol DMD in the text entry, just click on the backglass/backdrop view in the editor, then select the textbox Icon, then click anywhere on the backdrop screen, it doesn't matter where to place it. In the properties screen check the use script box and enterr DMD in caps in the text field.  However VPVR would crash when starting the ultra of alphanumeric table using the textbox method. However if I loaded 2 tables as stated above then run the textbox table it would not crash VPVR and the table rendered correctly!

However the display shows a little high on the backbox and there is no settings to adjust it. This is the easier solution but not adjustable..

I searched for info on flasherDMD's and couldn't find any so I'm a little long winded here to try to explain in detail for someone else.

If you create a textbox DMD or a FlasherDMD with this current version (VPVR 6-17-19 release) you can now get the VR rendered DMD display to show up on ultraDMD, VP external/ ColorDMD's and/or  Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.

These 3 types of displays were not supported before in VPVR

in UltraDMD I got AMH, Kiss, Stranger things, and 3 Angels displays all working, however on Gargamel Park the VRdisplay only shows my desktop Icons. I noticed that the display also doesn't show up on the PC's display, whereas the other 4 tables did. If I run this table in VPX the display shows in the upper left corner of the PC display. I guess there must be something in the table script that isn't agreeing with VPVR..

Rich

Edited by RYSr, 21 June 2019 - 11:56 PM.

#833 Slydog43

Slydog43

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

I'm a little confused by this statement

If you create a textbox DMD or a FlasherDMD now you can get the display to show on ultraDMD, external ColorDMD's and Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.

What does alphanumeric display have to do with UltraDMD?  

I'm going to play with this now, thanks.

WOW, DMD works so great now with using the Flasher and Setting the Use DMD Script flag.  System 11 alphanumeric displays work great now.  This is really great work guys, thanks.  Only thing now is the trouble with having to quit out of VP everytime you want to rerun a table.  Makes tweaking a table a real PIA, but still doable so thanks devs.  

I really can't believe where VP is today compared to a few years ago, just amazing.

Edited by Slydog43, 19 June 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#834 RYSr

RYSr

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 510 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

I'm a little confused by this statement

If you create a textbox DMD or a FlasherDMD now you can get the display to show on ultraDMD, external ColorDMD's and Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.

What does alphanumeric display have to do with UltraDMD?  

Nothing! Rich

I'm going to play with this now, thanks.

How about this:

If you create a textbox DMD or a FlasherDMD with this current version (VPVR 6-17-19 release) you can now get the VR rendered DMD display to show up on ultraDMD, VP external/ ColorDMD's and/or  Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.

These 3 types of displays were not supported before in VPVR

Edited by RYSr, 19 June 2019 - 03:36 PM.

#835 Rawnei

Rawnei

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 319 posts

• Flag: Sweden

• Favorite Pinball: There's too many good ones but I really love the atmosphere in Cirque Voltaire!

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

Not being able to start tables multiple times without quitting will be fixed in next release, already did a commit for that, it has to do with the VR detection.

#836 gear323

gear323

VPXVR is awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:49 PM

Not being able to start tables multiple times without quitting will be fixed in next release, already did a commit for that, it has to do with the VR detection.

Thanks Rawnei, 

This last release is pretty awesome guys!  External DMD and even color DMDs are great.  I also like that i can size all tables just a little bit wider than my PinSim now. 

I'm sure you are probably both aware,  but just in case... When using the external DMD it does seem to effect performance a great deal.   Previously I was using openVRdesktop for tables that i could not get a DMD working on and I didn't seem to get much of a performance hit with that.  Currently while it's awesome that VPXVR can support the external DMD, it causes too much of a performance hit for me to keep it enabled.  Hopefully down the line at some point you guys will be able to optimize is some more... come to think of it, could the high resolution or high 144hz refresh rate of my monitor be contributing to the performance hit?    I'll try connecting my second 60hz monitor again and dragging the DMD to that monitor and see if it makes any difference...

Thanks again!!!!!

#837 The Loafer

The Loafer

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 3,468 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

Question: the included BAM support, I gather it still needs FP to be running prior to Vpxvr?

#838 Caligula_

Caligula_

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 74 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:29 AM

Question: the included BAM support, I gather it still needs FP to be running prior to Vpxvr?

I just added Rafael's code into VPVR you still have to calibrate with FuturePinball first.

#839 otro5

otro5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Lady Luck (1976)

Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Dear,

Is DMD Script flag VPMDMD=true on script?. When I am trying with Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.and press F1 check the DMD external and F3 I have an error "not found DMD ...". Any idea?

#840 RYSr

RYSr

Pinball Fan

• Charter Member
  • 510 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 06:05 PM

Dear,

Is DMD Script flag VPMDMD=true on script?. When I am trying with Alphanumeric display like Fire, F14, Cactus jack etc.and press F1 check the DMD external and F3 I have an error "not found DMD ...". Any idea?

Did you update your VPM to the latest SAMbuild 3.2 beta, and also copy all the files including the Scripts files from the VPVR.zip files to you VR PC?

Rich