Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Xenon

Posted 18 December 2021 - 01:59 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree 

Not necessarily. I'm not married with FP. Basically I don't care whether it's FP or VPX, where an Amiga Pin gets a release.
Reason why I choose FP first was, cause I think that the FP version is more advanced than the VP(8 or 9?) version, and therefore the way to a brandnew version gets shorter. But I'am no coder/author and maybe I could be wrong here. 

The physics in FP are getting better due to "hacks", but the downside of it is, things are getting more complicated with time (I for sure wouldn't like to code this...), whereas in VPX you have a system you can rely on and don't have to bother with it (as I understand it).
Thanks god, I don't have to solve this puzzles; I'm only the casual gamer who is lucky to have got it made. And at this point I take whatever I get from both worlds, no matter if it's on FP or VPX.

Anyway, that version I did isn't really tied to VP, if FP can handle the VP script (doubt it), then the display / game should work.

It would be a pity to get not a slice from the bells & whistles, but anyway. 
Is the Nightmare your only project, or do you consider making other Amiga tables, if it's finished ? 

#22 chepas

chepas

t.me/horsepin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 18 December 2021 - 06:25 PM

Guys like Chepas, Thalamus and others who are all about "realism"..

No, I am not that fussed with complete realism because never gonna get 100% anyway, I don't endlessly tweak physic at all, far from it, having something close out of the box is all that is needed.

Anyway, that version I did isn't really tied to VP, if FP can handle the VP script (doubt it), then the display / game should work.

It would be a pity to get not a slice from the bells & whistles, but anyway. 
Is the Nightmare your only project, or do you consider making other Amiga tables, if it's finished ? 

Yeah I would consider it if the table was made or in works, someone mention partyland but ignition looked ok too. 

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000

#23 Aubrel

Aubrel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

• Favorite Pinball: StarTrek

Posted 20 December 2021 - 04:35 PM

I know it's not what requested here but for information the original games are now running perfectly on pincabs using PinCabView2D :)

https://www.vpforums...showtopic=47675

:)

Edited by Aubrel, 20 December 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#24 Arcade Freak

Arcade Freak

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Xenon

Posted 21 December 2021 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the heads up Aubrel, looks not too bad for the moment :)

But what I don't get exactly after watching the vid: How do you manage to get a cabinet view (Playfield & Backglass) with this ?

(you mentioned two screens splitted) 

#25 Hawyer

Hawyer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

• Flag: Spain

• Favorite Pinball: Elvira

• 360 Gamer Tag: Tiroloco76

Posted 21 December 2021 - 08:28 PM

I know it's not what requested here but for information the original games are now running perfectly on pincabs using PinCabView2D :)

https://www.vpforums...showtopic=47675

:)

DUDE! Thats is AWESOME  O_O

#26 Aubrel

Aubrel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

• Favorite Pinball: StarTrek

Posted 21 December 2021 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up Aubrel, looks not too bad for the moment :)

But what I don't get exactly after watching the vid: How do you manage to get a cabinet view (Playfield & Backglass) with this ?

(you mentioned two screens splitted) 

It works with 1, 2 or even 3 screens pincab configurations.

I had to do a launcher, a reshade shader and a custom version of dosbox to get this result (and many hundreds of hours...)

It works very nice and with the 3 PinCabView, it supports approx 30 games for approx 130 different tables :)

And it's nearly plug and play ;)

Enjoy

Edited by Aubrel, 21 December 2021 - 08:38 PM.

#27 jimmycoupe3

jimmycoupe3

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Flag: England

• Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:15 AM

Does anyone know how to get Beat Box working?  I have all the other pinball dreams\fantasies tables working fine but Beat Box is an odd one.  When I go to start the table the ball is getting stuck by the plunger and you are unable to fire the ball.  Beat Box was my favourite so I would like to get it working.  Is the table broken in portrait\ cabinet orientation or do i need to change some settings in the table to get the ball to sit on the plunger correctly so I can fire it out?

#28 sanviler

sanviler

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Flag: Italy

• Favorite Pinball: batman

Posted 25 April 2024 - 10:09 AM

Is it possible to have this PinCabView running inside the PinUpPopper frontend? I would like to have both VPX tables and Pinball Dreams/Fantasies Tables under one frontend, for my virtual cabinet. Thank you very much!!