#1 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 22 April 2024 - 10:13 AM

Once released by site admin, the new version will be available here.

This is a major version release, so please read this post carefully.  If you want some of the new and exciting stuff then keep going.  If you just want stuff to work then I recommend sticking with your current working setup and visit back a little later once any issues have been resolved.

The BIG changes are

1. Real time integration with Pinball FX

2. Built in SSF 7.1

3. Support for Pixelcade devices

4. Many enhancements for MAME live scores, high scores, Popper menu support and built in score screen

Some details and caveats.

Pinball FX

• This is not finished
  • The All_Pre.FX file should give core feedback for all tables
  • Four table specific files are still under construction
  • Nothing more can be done in DOFLinx until we get a PinballFX update from our friends at Zen
  • A few known issues with PinballFX will cause things to be imperfect, but some good force feedback is running.  Known issues that are being addressed but will currently impact are:
  1. You cannot start and use force feedback with PinballFX - Table 133 command line, you must use the built in PinballFX menu
  2. When selecting a game from the menu watch out for your mouse hovering over a game if you are selecting with the keyboard / buttons.  Best to push the mouse off to the side
  3. All of the table specific events are not recording correctly, once they are I can build the table.FX files
  • Thanks to Zen and Freezy, you all know what you did

SSF

• Built and really basic testing done.
  • I don't have a 7.1 cabinet so I'm sure things have been missed.
  • I have not enabled this for FX3, do we need that, or use the Pup Packs and go forward with FX
  • Do we need SSF for MAME?
  • Thanks NailBuster for the push and TerryRed for some easy to understand advice

As always, if you need help, have found an issue, etc, please start a specific thread in the DOFLinx General Discussion forum.

If you think this is good value, have not, and can afford to, please make a donation to help keep development going.

Here are the update notes....

8.00 22/4/24
- New full integration with Zen's Pinball FX.  Triggers coming direcdtly from Pinball FX (thanks Zen and freezy).  A new DLL (DOFLinxTrigger.dll) in Pinball FX will send table events to DOFLinx. 
- New DOFLINX.INI parameter PATH_FX= .  This is the Path to your FX (Pinball FX) files thast link Pinball FX table events to output actions.  Likely to have the shipped FX files within it.
- New DOFLinx.INI parameter PATH_FX_B2S= .  This is the path to your B2S active backglasses for PinballFX.
- Make DOFLinx.LOG writing for DEBUG > 0 a shitload faster
- Add configuration parameters for Pinball FX to Create INI menu option
- FX files for all basic Pinball FX items - bumpers, flippers, slings
- Specific FX files for Indiana Jones, Addams Family, Sorcerer's Lair, Wild West Rampage
- Add a new right click test option to test by device name, ie "Left Flipper", "Right Slingshot", etc.  This will test all ports associated with that device which is handy when you have mutltiple toys linked to the same logical device or are simply chasing some wierd arse fault.
- New FF_PROC as a new action type.  This can be used to start a background process from an event.  Usage is FF_PROC Command,Argument, ie FF_PROC SomeBatch.bat,Data
  If you use this do so carefully, you could spawn a lot of processes quickly and that can bog your machine down
  This was requested by some people trying to do tricky stuff on their cabinet.
- New add command line parameter EDIT_INI=YES to force DOFLinx to go straight to the DOFLinx.INI parameter editor
- New DOFLinx.INI parameter PATH_HI2TXT= .  This is the path where Hi2Txt utility for getting MAME high scores has been placed. I'm using C:\Hi2Txt\ . Leave it out or blank if you don't have / want this.
- Add a new right click test option for Pixelcade devices and MAME high scores
- Add COLOUR_FILE= parameter to add clarity for non pinball users.  Its exectly the same as DIRECTOUTPUTCONFIG= but makes more sense if you can have COLOURS=Colours.ini  (and yes my North American friends, that's how you spell colour! :-) )
- Fix the default flipper key action logging to obey the debug flag setting
- New integration with Pixelcade devices, LCD / LED marquees, dot matrix dispays, etc
  Show marquees when MAME games start
  Show marquees and optionally hi scores when cycling through PinUp Popper menu
  Use Hi2Txt to get MAME high scores
- Updates to many MAME files to drive Pixelcade devices
- New PATH_PIXELCADE= parameter.  This points to the Pixelcade folder where the Settings.ini file is stored.
- New Pixelcade test screen from right-click menu when in debug
- New PIXELCADE_MENU_HISCORE= parameter.  When displaying marquees while selecting from the front-end menu use =1 to have marquees alternate with hi scores and =0 to only show the marquees
- New PIXELCADE_GAME_START_HIGHSCORE= parameter.  Determines if when a MAME game is started if high scores are shown in addition to the marquee
- NEW PIXELCADE_REPLACE_LED_MARQUEE_AFTER_ANIMATION= . Possibly the longest parameter name yet.  Used to choose if after an animation is shown on the LED display if the marquee is put back afterward.  Good to have set to 1 (yes) if you only have an LED display, but probably 0 (no) if you've got LCD and LED displays.
*** Note you need the DOFLinx MAME version 0.263 or later with DOFLinx V8 or later
- New ability for Popper to send menu event chages to DOFLinx so that MAME game names and high scores can be displayed on either the Pixelcade device or built in MAME score screen
  There is a guide on how to set this up
- Updated the built in DOFLinx MAME score screen to look a lot better
- New addition of in built SSF - thanks NailBuster for the push and start, TerryRed for a lot of info and contextualisation
- SSF 7.1 has been setup as standard for Pinball FX within the table.FX file, mainly the All_Pre.FX so far
  SSF can load multiple sounds for a named event then cycle through those sounds to achieve variety
  Volume, X, Y and Z coordinates are set per sound
  I am sure this is not perfect as I do not have a full 7.1 setup
- New SSF_ENABLED= 0 or 1 , 0 is the default being disabled, 1 is enabled
- New SSF_DEVICE= default is -1 being the default sound device
  For a differnt saound device simply get the Windows sounds device #, to help DOFLinx will list all available devices and their ID's at startup if you have DEBUG= set to 1 or 2
- New SSF_SOUND_PATH= this is the path where the necessary sound files are stored
  While you can set all of your own sounds if you want, DOFLinx is using Fleep sounds and they are in the \sounds folder of the standard installation ZIP

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#2 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 22 April 2024 - 09:16 PM

A whole crap load of "yay"s and clapping and cheers by MANY people.

Sadly my cabinet is not setup to test much of anything right now... but bravo for taking the extra steps to integrate SSF. This will make MANY people happy!

SSF for MAME? I mean, if it can be used... I'm sure some people would love to add forms of SSF sound effects in their arcade or pin cabinets (explosions, etc). I used to do that with "DOFLinx Effects" triggered from basic keystrokes.

Edited by TerryRed, 22 April 2024 - 09:17 PM.

#3 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 10:28 PM

Update.  I forgot a critical file Bass.net.dll , this has now been added in an updated "DOFLinx V8.0 Repack.zip" file.  Obviously this will need to be released.  I deleted the original V8.0 installation as it wouldn't work ...... my bad!

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#4 Roland82

Roland82

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Iniana

Posted 23 April 2024 - 02:22 PM

Hello,

first thank you for your work, i am verry exited to test doflinx with FX! 

Did someone successfully downloaded V8 ? I always get a message that i have no permission.

Regards Roland

#5 mcap

mcap

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: AC/DC

Posted 23 April 2024 - 04:33 PM

Hello,

first thank you for your work, i am verry exited to test doflinx with FX! 

Did someone successfully downloaded V8 ? I always get a message that i have no permission.

Regards Roland

same "This is not your file, thus you cannot edit it"

#6 criptonite

criptonite

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Fishtales

Posted 23 April 2024 - 06:43 PM

A whole crap load of "yay"s and clapping and cheers by MANY people.

Sadly my cabinet is not setup to test much of anything right now... but bravo for taking the extra steps to integrate SSF. This will make MANY people happy!

SSF for MAME? I mean, if it can be used... I'm sure some people would love to add forms of SSF sound effects in their arcade or pin cabinets (explosions, etc). I used to do that with "DOFLinx Effects" triggered from basic keystrokes.

That is awesome do you have mame files that you created i would love to use them.

#7 Suikazz

Suikazz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

• Flag: Czech Republic

• Favorite Pinball: GoT

Posted 23 April 2024 - 07:43 PM

this is the correct link:

https://www.vpforums...&showfile=12318

#8 KurtusCFlush

KurtusCFlush

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favorite Pinball: X-Men

Posted 23 April 2024 - 10:47 PM

I'm a little confused about the setup. Does Pinball FX need the 64 bit doflinx or 32? For some reason I can't seem to get this working (yes, I've setup doflinx before for FX3 and it's working fine).

Edited by KurtusCFlush, 23 April 2024 - 11:20 PM.

#9 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 23 April 2024 - 11:53 PM

I'm a little confused about the setup. Does Pinball FX need the 64 bit doflinx or 32? For some reason I can't seem to get this working (yes, I've setup doflinx before for FX3 and it's working fine).

64 bit with Pinball FX

Yes

DOFLinx

#10 KurtusCFlush

KurtusCFlush

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Favorite Pinball: X-Men

Posted 24 April 2024 - 01:33 AM

64 bit with Pinball FX

Yes

Thanks. So I've got it working (at least the active backglasses are working). I know it's early still, but are there supposed to be any SSF sounds right now? I've added the lines to the ini but I don't seem to get any SSF.

#11 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 09:27 AM

64 bit with Pinball FX

Yes

Thanks. So I've got it working (at least the active backglasses are working). I know it's early still, but are there supposed to be any SSF sounds right now? I've added the lines to the ini but I don't seem to get any SSF.

I've got reports of SSF not working.  Currently working with a person to try and track this down.  Looking at code on the left hand screen as I'm replying here ...... soon.

DOFLinx

#12 jtravapd

jtravapd

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval madness

• PS3 Gamer Tag: jtravapd
  • 360 Gamer Tag: jtravapd

Posted 24 April 2024 - 05:53 PM

Thnk you for all your hard work. 

Unfortuneatly for me , I downloaded your reupload with the file fix, and installed it and not only did it not work with pinballFX, but it caused my Doflinx to stop working for pinballFX3, and the left and right flipper solinoids "hack" using the processes line , that turns on solinoids for your flippers for every single pinball game I have, even stopped working. 

1)  On major question that threw me off, was iI've been running pinballFX and pInballM from popper using the pinballFX.exe file that is in the C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\PinballFX.exe, I then placed all our backround files in  C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\pinballFX\mods\Cabinet where our .ini file is located. 

Can someone explain to me , I saw we were supposed to put the one .dll file into the  C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\PinballFX\Pinball FX\Binaries\Win64\PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe.  However, other then dropping in the .dll file into that folder, we aren't told do we change our popper folder to now use that \PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe in our popper launcher?   

I've tried running this file both in and out of Popper and for whatever reason , running \PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe turns off Onlline access and my dof doesn't work with pinballFX. to be 100% honest, It pretty much killed my dof for other programs as well, so I Reflashed my drive back to the clone I  Made before trying to do the update.  I had my processes=Pinball FX3, Zaccaria, Black Flaggers, Pinball FX, Pinball M, and that allows the flipper solinoids to work when playing all the new pinball games, which is great.

However when i added PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe to the  process line, and add the new pinballFX b2s files , nothing worked anymore.  Infact, even my LED light stopped working as well.  I did notice in the pinballFX folder, there was only like 5 entries, is that the only tables that are working right now, or just some tables that needed special extra treatment. I guess I could wait alittle longer. lol

#13 lafester

lafester

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: safecracker

Posted 24 April 2024 - 10:40 PM

Is zaccaria supported yet? 

#14 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:34 PM

Is zaccaria supported yet? 

Not with anything other than the very basic flipper key monitoring.  If we know anyone over there that is interested its not that hard to do.

Thnk you for all your hard work. 

Unfortuneatly for me , I downloaded your reupload with the file fix, and installed it and not only did it not work with pinballFX, but it caused my Doflinx to stop working for pinballFX3, and the left and right flipper solinoids "hack" using the processes line , that turns on solinoids for your flippers for every single pinball game I have, even stopped working. 

1)  On major question that threw me off, was iI've been running pinballFX and pInballM from popper using the pinballFX.exe file that is in the C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\PinballFX.exe, I then placed all our backround files in  C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\pinballFX\mods\Cabinet where our .ini file is located. 

Can someone explain to me , I saw we were supposed to put the one .dll file into the  C:programfiles86\steam\steamapps\common\PinballFX\Pinball FX\Binaries\Win64\PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe.  However, other then dropping in the .dll file into that folder, we aren't told do we change our popper folder to now use that \PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe in our popper launcher?   

I've tried running this file both in and out of Popper and for whatever reason , running \PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe turns off Onlline access and my dof doesn't work with pinballFX. to be 100% honest, It pretty much killed my dof for other programs as well, so I Reflashed my drive back to the clone I  Made before trying to do the update.  I had my processes=Pinball FX3, Zaccaria, Black Flaggers, Pinball FX, Pinball M, and that allows the flipper solinoids to work when playing all the new pinball games, which is great.

However when i added PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe to the  process line, and add the new pinballFX b2s files , nothing worked anymore.  Infact, even my LED light stopped working as well.  I did notice in the pinballFX folder, there was only like 5 entries, is that the only tables that are working right now, or just some tables that needed special extra treatment. I guess I could wait alittle longer. lol

You are correct about where the dll goes.

No you do not change the launch program from the menu, it remains as PinballFX.exe.  (Note as per the known issues with PinballFX at present launching from a font end menu using - Table command line will not work, you must use the FX menu for the time being)

There are no other files to copy into the PinballFX structure other than the dll, not sure what you are trying to do there.

If you need more support on spe ific issues please open up a thread for that, this thread is aout the launch of the version not ongoing support issues that will get intertwined with each other.

DOFLinx

#15 lafester

lafester

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: safecracker

Posted 25 April 2024 - 05:36 AM

It appears that atgames has managed to get full ssf for their "4k" versions. Seems like they should be about ready to do something on Steam. 

#16 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 06:28 AM

It appears that atgames has managed to get full ssf for their "4k" versions. Seems like they should be about ready to do something on Steam. 

With DOFLinx all actions are driven directly from table events including the SSF, its not the FX sound effects being played.

DOFLinx

#17 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 25 April 2024 - 11:07 PM

Quick update.  As suspected definitely bugs with SSF.  I think they're all fixed, final testing now.  Should have a release today / tomorrow.

DOFLinx

#18 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 04:23 AM

Thanks to help from @Buffdriver I've uploaded V8.01 which has fixes for SSF.

DOFLinx

#19 McBob

McBob

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: World Cup 94

Posted 26 April 2024 - 11:44 AM

Thanks DDH69 for all the work you have done and thanks to all those that also helped. 

I can confirm that I have installed v8.00 and it is working not just for Pinball FX, but still works for FX3 too. I do have a few questions though:

I have not yet setup the new version with Mame: Am I correct in saying that the 64bit version of DOFLINX should be used for Pinball FX and Mame and the 32 bit for FX3 and Future Pinball? The release notes also state that v8 only works with DOFLINX Mame 0.263 but I can only find 0.239 or earlier - where can I download the latest version?

Finally I would just like to check one other thing which is that I have successful tested all the toys in the cabinet on the 64-bit version and they all seem to work on various tables with FX3. However on FX, with the limited playtime I have, other than flippers, bumpers, slingshots and lights (which don't get me wrong is still enough to greatly enhance the experience) other items like shaker and knocker don't seem to ever trigger. For example nothing happens feedback wise when the castle is destroyed in Medieval Madness. I am absolutely fine if this is because this is WIP / not possible with the new method being used in FX - I just want to be sure I don't have a setup issue that means I am missing out.

Again many thanks for all the hard work

Edited by McBob, 26 April 2024 - 11:47 AM.

#20 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:39 PM

Thanks DDH69 for all the work you have done and thanks to all those that also helped. 

I can confirm that I have installed v8.00 and it is working not just for Pinball FX, but still works for FX3 too. I do have a few questions though:

I have not yet setup the new version with Mame: Am I correct in saying that the 64bit version of DOFLINX should be used for Pinball FX and Mame and the 32 bit for FX3 and Future Pinball? The release notes also state that v8 only works with DOFLINX Mame 0.263 but I can only find 0.239 or earlier - where can I download the latest version?

Finally I would just like to check one other thing which is that I have successful tested all the toys in the cabinet on the 64-bit version and they all seem to work on various tables with FX3. However on FX, with the limited playtime I have, other than flippers, bumpers, slingshots and lights (which don't get me wrong is still enough to greatly enhance the experience) other items like shaker and knocker don't seem to ever trigger. For example nothing happens feedback wise when the castle is destroyed in Medieval Madness. I am absolutely fine if this is because this is WIP / not possible with the new method being used in FX - I just want to be sure I don't have a setup issue that means I am missing out.

Again many thanks for all the hard work

Good to hear about success.  In answer to your questions;

64 / 32 bit is really only dependant on the version of DOF you have installed.  The 32/64 bit architecture must match between DOF and DOFLinx.  Clearly 64 bit is the way forward.  You can run 64 or 32 bit DOFLinx with all emulators.  I have only made a 64 bit version of MAME to go with DOFLinx.  This will work with 32 or 64 bit DOFLinx, but as I said, 64 bit is the go forward path.

Unfortunately there is limit to file size on this site that is being worked on, but none-the-less stops me uploading something the size of MAME. Until then use link in the "Start Here" guide

All toys are functional within PinballFX, the only thing is not all FX files have been made yet.  So you get the basics until there is a tbale.FX file.  The limitation is me waiting on a new release from Zen at present.  So just keep up with the \FX folder files in each DOFLinx release and your tables will continue to come to life.

DOFLinx