Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Loving Addams Family & Stranger Things

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:30 PM

Hey there,

So I've got my setup done, tested, and confirmed working on pretty much everything but Ultradmd - i have a PinDMDv3, which I read uses the Teensy board somehow, and I also have a standalone Teensy/Octo Ws2811 board installed. I've confirmed both work, and when using rom-based VPX tables, everything loads fine. When I try to load a table that uses UltraDMD, it generates a "Pindmd not found" error. I assume there is something in the Ultradmd that is set to autodetect - is there a setting anyone knows of that can be changed so it just looks at the port I want it to and nothing else? 

Any help would be awesome, been looking forward to getting my table set with "100% compatibility" and this is one of the last things that needs to be done :)

#2 h2olt

h2olt

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Blackout

• 360 Gamer Tag: H2olt

Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

From what i've seen. "Pindmd not found" is usually in reference to a set of pinDMD config files that is missing for that table. 

The UltraDMD tables include a folder that goes into the Tables folder along with the .vpx and .directb2s files.  The popular Goldorak table includes a folder called Goldorak.UltraDMD.

Id check that first, may have nothing to do with your teensy.

#3 zebulon

zebulon

Cantankerous old B****D

• Platinum Supporter
  • 1,172 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: xenon, Medieval Madness, Royal Flush, Silverball Mania

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:13 PM

In the setup file for UltraDMD change the com port assignment away from the physical one being used by the teensy.  You're probably trying to load 2 devices to the same serial port.

ZB%20%20Storefront1%20.png               [email protected]

Don't pm or expect an answer from me here ... the links above are my contacts.

I know so much about so little that I could teach you all there is to know about nothing......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ultradmd, Teensy, Pindmdv3