#21 DDassow01

DDassow01

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 12 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

Analog999 - I have my Sidewinder mounted like yours. I'm testing on JP's Attack From Mars table. I have checked the PBW Accelerometer box (do I check the Normal Mounting as well?). When I go into Windows Control Panel and Devices, I can nudge the table and see it move around on the test screen but when I start the table it won't register anything. I was reading your earlier post about setting it to 8-way and the triangles, etc. Where are those settings? Anything else in VP that I need to change?

#22 Syco54645

Syco54645

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: kewpie doll, theatre of magic

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (DDassow01 @ Mar 30 2012, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Analog999 - I have my Sidewinder mounted like yours. I'm testing on JP's Attack From Mars table. I have checked the PBW Accelerometer box (do I check the Normal Mounting as well?). When I go into Windows Control Panel and Devices, I can nudge the table and see it move around on the test screen but when I start the table it won't register anything. I was reading your earlier post about setting it to 8-way and the triangles, etc. Where are those settings? Anything else in VP that I need to change?

i would like to know this as well. i believe you have to change the jolt amount or something.

#23 DDassow01

DDassow01

Hobbyist

• Silver Supporter
  • 12 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Just tried another table, South Park, and if I hold the ball on a flipper and nudge the table I can see the ball bounce back and forth. I still can't tilt it though, no matter how hard I shake it. I did add in Blur's core.vbs file a few weeks ago. Maybe I will go bakc to the original and see if that makes a difference.

#24 Horrible

Horrible

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: Data East Star Wars, Star Trek 25th

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Guys

I am about to install everything into my cabinet and have a sidewinder free style pro.  Has anyone had anymore experience in setting one up through VP?

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Sp1, [email protected], 8GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 1Gb

Crucial MX250Gb Primary' Samsung 840 128 Gb Backup

Corsair CX750 PINDMD3

#25 htamas

htamas

Pinball Wizard

• VIP
  • 2,156 posts

• Flag: Hungary

• Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'm also interested in this.

Also, does anyone know if the USB adapter is a requirement for VP (because it can only operate with USB devices) or would it work if the sidewinder is plugged into a sound card's game port?

#26 toxie

toxie

VPF Veteran

• VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,660 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: AFM

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

i would guess that it should work either way, otherwise it's a bug in VP..