MagicBeeens

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Comet

Posted 15 August 2023 - 01:45 AM

Hey all... I'm a budding pinhead... in my 50's, software programmer, been flirting with vPinball for 1.5 years now on iPads and such, and want to get more serious.

I pulled down Visual Pinball 10.7.3 from GitHub, installed the 10.x version, overlaid the 10.7.3 files, but when I load a table either:

1. I load one of the default tables and the application crashes before I can do anything, or

2. The table loads into the editor, but when I "run" the table, I hear a couple of pinball-ie sounds and then it crashes.

I've looked at the logs, but  can't really tell if the "ERROR" lines I see in them or critical or not.  I've looked around this help forum a bit cbut can't find an install guide in English (just other languages)  I'm at a loss of where to begin troubleshooting.  Can't tell if I have a config program (btw, I hit Prefs and turned my settings to low-end PC to see if that'd help), if I have video or audio issues, or what's happening.  

Can someone point me to dox on how to troubleshoot and/or at least identify the issue that's causing my crash?

If it matters, I'm running Windows 10, a low-end video card, on-board audio, and simply trying to load one of the tables that came with the 10.7.3 installs.

Thanks for any help!

#2 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,802 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 15 August 2023 - 02:44 AM

Which installer did you use?
Hopefully the VpinballX72.zip ?

What error are you getting?
Can you screenshot it?

If you rerun the 10.7.2 installer (which will knock out 10.7.3 since it is a drop in upgrade) and then try running vpx
can you open any tables? (VPX only comes with a nudge test table, besides clicking file new and picking a starter template)

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary