#1 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,103 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:54 AM

Once released by admin the new release will be here.

Some of you might notice that there was no notice for V8.01, well it was so close to V8.0 it got lost  :wacko:

While there is now stuff like the attract mode, this version is really about SSF.  V8 was trying to use 3D location for the SSF sounds.  Well that's been abandon and now DOFLinx is loading sounds directly to a speaker / pair of speakers assignment.  This removes any guesswork for where the sound is playing.  You will need to replace your All_Pre.FX file as the loading is slightly different format.  The sounds are setup for SSF to play on the REAR and SIDE speakers as I understand the standard exciter location for cabinets to be.  Not all testing has been perfect with a report of sounds at an incorrect location, but its really hard to tell if this is cabinet setup or fault.  On that basis I thought, release the fix that should help most people.

As always, enjoy.

The release notes are here.

8.02 29/4/24
- Add more variables to the variable log dump option
- Make attract mode save the values of the devices at start and restore upon stop
- Shorten the retry loop for connecting to MAME
- Add path selection to the B2S test screen
- Add checking for DOFLinxTrigger.dll in the PinballFX-Win64-Shipping.exe folder when Pinball FX startup routine runs
- Fix make the TCP connection loop for MAME more robust
- Make SSF_LOAD= specify speaker(s) to load the sound for as opposed to 3D coordinates
  Note, you will need to replace your All_Pre.FX file
- Get the SSF volume working correctly

8.01 26/4/24
- Fix a couple of SSF bugs that were causing grief for most to get it running
- Add FF_RUN, FF_SSF and FF_PC for MAME and FX3 as actions avaible from game.xx files
- New Attract Mode that can be run when your emulator is not to run a pattern of outputs meaning that LEDs, and buttons can be cycled
- New ATTRACT_MODE= 0 or 1 being off / on
- New ATTRACT_SETUP= being the pattern to display
- Remove FX file loading looking for a Default.fx as there will never be one given common items are in All_Pre.FX
- A quick and dirty Fantastic Four.FX file

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#2 KurtusCFlush

KurtusCFlush

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: X-Men

Posted 29 April 2024 - 11:15 AM

Really looking forward to testing this out once it gets uploaded! Not having SSF was the biggest issue I've had with FX. Thanks for all your hard work on it.

#3 skinlab133

skinlab133

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 30 April 2024 - 01:25 AM

I can confirm flippers, slings, and bumpers play from the correct speakers. I think the ball rolling sound only plays from the "front" speakers (main speakers that play the rest of the sounds) and doesn't follow the ball around to the other speakers as it moves around the table. I think ball drain (would expect this to play on "rear" speakers, same as flippers) and plunge (rear speakers, right only usually) also only plays from the front speakers. Great progress, thanks for all the hard work.

Also, how the heck do you adjust the SSF volume? I nearly scared the dog half to death  :tongue3:

Edited by skinlab133, 30 April 2024 - 01:35 AM.

#4 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 04:21 AM

I can confirm flippers, slings, and bumpers play from the correct speakers. I think the ball rolling sound only plays from the "front" speakers (main speakers that play the rest of the sounds) and doesn't follow the ball around to the other speakers as it moves around the table. I think ball drain (would expect this to play on "rear" speakers, same as flippers) and plunge (rear speakers, right only usually) also only plays from the front speakers. Great progress, thanks for all the hard work.

Also, how the heck do you adjust the SSF volume? I nearly scared the dog half to death  :tongue3:

Thanks for the fedback.  Volume is a bug, will be fixed in 8.03, testing now with people.

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#5 KurtusCFlush

KurtusCFlush

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: X-Men

Posted 30 April 2024 - 12:42 PM

I use PinVol, but yeah it's definitely loud by default lol.

#6 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 April 2024 - 12:47 PM

I use PinVol, but yeah it's definitely loud by default lol.

Testing of the fix seems positive, will likely release tomorrow

DOFLinx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DOFLinx