Photo
- - - - -

Star Wars DSA - Galactic Edition (PinEvent V2 - FizX - v1.6)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates Wolves of the Seas,Wipeout,Spiderman,White Water and Avengers.

Posted 10 December 2023 - 08:22 PM

Hi everyone I just released a new version of Star Wars

I added a right side upper flipper

wrote the script to coincide with FizX Dynamics.

It plays really nice you can hit the ball inside the bumpers

It takes a skilled shot.

It's fun

Enjoy.

#2 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 11 December 2023 - 01:07 AM

Hi everyone I just released a new version of Star Wars

I added a right side upper flipper

wrote the script to coincide with FizX Dynamics.

It plays really nice you can hit the ball inside the bumpers

It takes a skilled shot.

It's fun

Enjoy.

As I mention in all my PinEvent tables in the included install instructions in the disclaimer... if you mod a PinEvent table... DO NOT refer to it as PinEvent and do not continue my revisions, as I will NOT support the table at all and I don't want anyone getting your "mod" confused with my PinEvent releases, as I will not continue with your mod in future updates.

The name PinEvent refers to my own table releases only, not anyone elses. Please don't confuse people.

So do NOT refer to your mod as PinEvent or 1.6. Refer to it as your "mod" 1.0 if you plan on uploading it, as it is not a continuation of my work.

This is why I add new sub names to any table I mod, as it is no longer a continuation of the original table creator's work, as its a mod or big change to it that I will be updating and maintaining, not them.... so people won't get confused.

A single flipper added does not equate to a mod worth uploading, respectfully... not to mention doing it the day after I uploaded my latest update for my 1.5 release.

I wont help people with mods to my PinEvent tables. I will tell them to ask you for help with getting them to work...and the pup-packs and dof may no longer work with any new updates, etc.

This is the disclaimer I include with ALL my PinEvent releases.

DISCLAIMER

Please DO NOT use the name PinEvent in your table mods or code

- “PinEvent” refers to my own table releases only
- “PinEvent” has specific features and updates that represent my own work
- please do not use the name “PinEvent” when referring to PUP or DOF mods of a FP table
- I don’t want any confusion
- I will not give support to any mods of PinEvent tables or code
- I will only give support and add updates to my own PinEvent releases

PinEvent V2 tables and mods

You are free to mod PinEvent tables, but please consider the following:

- some PinEvent tables may be an update to a table from someone else who may not want their creations converted to or 
used on another program such as Visual Pinball. This can be confirmed at the top of the table script
- if modding, please wait a long while after I release a table, and ask me first as I am always adding updates and fixes
- I may make changes to both the DOF config and the pup-pack in the future which will no longer be compatible with older 
table versions
- PinEvent tables have complex control code for PUP and DOF
- table mods may be used by some people in a cabinet with expensive feedback and lighting hardware. If you can’t test all 
of these features, then you could be allowing the table to cause unknown damage to the cabinet or hardware!
- I will not recognise any mods as “PinEvent” tables, and will not give support for them. I will direct ALL support to you
- I worked VERY hard to create a standard of “quality” and “support” for my releases. Please respect that.

Please DO NOT modify my DOF configs for PinEvent tables on DOF Config Tool

- I have VERY specific DOF configs that are designed to work with PinEvent updates only!
- you can make your own DOF changes on your own Private config
- DO NOT submit changes from your private DOF config for Public consideration! (if there is a problem on one of my tables, 
please message me)
- I specifically added separate “PinEvent only” configs so that everyone is free to use the normal FP configs to mod other 
FP tables for DOF

Edited by TerryRed, 11 December 2023 - 01:26 AM.

#3 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,798 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 11 December 2023 - 06:04 AM

How can this possibly be a Mod, when Terry just released it?

You can mod tables, sure, but you cant just go take a guys table, add one flipper, and call it a mod

And will this table require downloading 4GB of libraries just to play, like the Circus table?
Cause you are not going to find many willing to download 4GB or stuff just to play a table.

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#4 1000

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Pirates Wolves of the Seas,Wipeout,Spiderman,White Water and Avengers.

Posted 31 December 2023 - 02:29 PM

Sorry everyone I made a mistake while terry was modding the table I did not realize he had uploaded a new version it was my mistake I appologise we were working on the same table at the same time little did I know.

" I actually came to terry after realizing he had uploaded a new version i was very embarrassed I sent him a message explaining myself,my appologies terry.

Personally I thought this table needed an extra flipper to hit the ball between the bumpers I wanted to make the game funner,Sorry for my mistake

For your information I wasn't trying to take Terry's Table

Just trying to make it funner to play.

My advice even though Terry says permission to Mod "Yes"

==========

DON'T DO IT

==========

Terry goes Bollistic

? Not to Mention very Unprofessional to not want to share a creation with others

He had my version deleted.

Terry you could have very easily went over my head and released another version without the continuing of my work

with out getting so upset.

Way to get off on the wrong foot with a New Coder Terry.

Edited by 1000, 23 February 2024 - 03:18 PM.