nekreg9

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Tom & Jerry

Posted 29 June 2022 - 03:20 PM

I am running into an issue where it looks like a version of the backglass is shown in the top left portion of the playfield. I have the pup pack set to 3 screen and those show the correct images, just another small blackglass with DMD showing in the top corner of the playfield. I'm sure it's a FP setting or something in the script I need to change, just can't find it. Otherwise everything else runs great. Any ideas?

#22 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

• Flag: Canada

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 30 June 2022 - 08:41 AM

I am running into an issue where it looks like a version of the backglass is shown in the top left portion of the playfield. I have the pup pack set to 3 screen and those show the correct images, just another small blackglass with DMD showing in the top corner of the playfield. I'm sure it's a FP setting or something in the script I need to change, just can't find it. Otherwise everything else runs great. Any ideas?

Read the FAQ in the Install Instructions included with the table, which tells you how to resolve that.

#23 nekreg9

nekreg9

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Tom & Jerry

Posted 30 June 2022 - 12:50 PM

Thanks. Completely missed the FAQ in the installation zip. Got it resolved! 

#24 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,440 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 17 August 2022 - 03:56 PM

It plays much better than before! :) :otvclap:

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#25 Cadorna

Cadorna

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

• Flag: Argentina

• Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose ...

Posted 17 August 2022 - 08:29 PM

Thanks, @TerryRed for all your hard work. 3D stereo seems not to be working as well as in the v1.3, Is there something I could change? I've been struggling to play with the camera's position without success.

#26 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 17 August 2022 - 09:06 PM

Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) - Future Pinball - BAM

1.4 - FizX update! Now Available!

The highly anticipated first PinEvent V2 table to use the new FizX physics system for FP is here! The days of FP's old physics are gone!

=====================

FizX

This table has been fully updated with FizX for game changing new physics on Future Pinball. The old Future Pinball physics are GONE! FizX uses techniques similar to nFozzy on VPX to completely change the physics for the flippers, slings, rubbers, targets, ball behavior and more that allows this table play much more realistically than anyone ever thought was possible on Future Pinball.

You will be amazed at the difference!

=====================

FizX Profiles and settings

You can easily choose from different preset FizX physics settings in the table script. Some use a higher FPS for the physics (this requires a fast PC), others use stronger flippers!
You aren't limited by this however. You can change all of FizX's settings to completely tweak and adjust the physics to your own preference!

Read the Install Instructions for more information.

=====================

Changelog (v1.4)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added plastics reflective layer
- added new GI shadows layer
- added second stage flippers option
- added speed booster to right wireramp to ensure ball completes loop if hitting bots
- fixed Ball Saver not activating when launching a new ball (you can now adjust the time in TABLE OPTIONS)

=====================

As always... READ the included Install Instructions for all the information you need. It also includes a FAQ that will answer most questions.

=====================

I really hope you guys enjoy this major change with FP tables and how much better they can play now. I invite everyone who has never played FP before to give this a try. Many "VPX-only" testers have installed (or re-installed) FP just to try this, and they have been amazed at the difference. I think you will be too!

Thanks, @TerryRed for all your hard work. 3D stereo seems not to be working as well as in the v1.3, Is there something I could change? I've been struggling to play with the camera's position without success.

You can only enable 3D stereoscopic when using BAM's Force Arcade mode (so you can't use it in desktop mode). Pres ~ or Q to goto the BAM menu while playing, the Addons, then Force Arcade mode. You will see the 3D stereoscopic menu now available where it normally is.

More info about how to use BAM can be found in my FP and BAM Mega Guide.

1.4 is the latest update. Read above.

Edited by TerryRed, 17 August 2022 - 09:09 PM.

#27 gimli246

gimli246

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 18 August 2022 - 08:16 PM

VpUniverse has very positive feedback

https://vpuniverse.c...mments#comments

#28 jronald9025

jronald9025

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: taxi

Posted 07 October 2022 - 03:04 PM

Awsome Table! Think this is my new favorite the sounds the graphics everything about it is amazing! I just have one question has anyone had an issues with adressable lighting? My side playfield lights work fine but my rear matrix lights are just soild blue only with this table.
Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

#29 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 07 October 2022 - 06:03 PM

Awsome Table! Think this is my new favorite the sounds the graphics everything about it is amazing! I just have one question has anyone had an issues with adressable lighting? My side playfield lights work fine but my rear matrix lights are just soild blue only with this table.
Any help is appreciated.

That's the result of you having your Back MX Combo setup wrong on DOF Config Tool. You should only have MX Back Effects, MX Back Flashers, MX Back Strobe, etc...

You should NOT have any MX RGB Flippers, or MX RGB Undercabinet, etc setup on your Combos for the Back MX. Those are intended for actuall flipper buttons or Undercabinet lighting that use MX Leds.

Edited by TerryRed, 07 October 2022 - 06:04 PM.

#30 Outhere

Outhere

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 4,720 posts

• Favorite Pinball: M M

Posted 07 October 2022 - 07:20 PM

Any help is appreciated.

matrix setup - https://vpuniverse.c...s#comment-30746

#31 jronald9025

jronald9025

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• Favorite Pinball: taxi

Posted 13 October 2022 - 12:22 AM

Terry that was exactly my problem. I knew someone would have a quick answer. My combos in DOF were setup wrong.

Thankyou for your help and most of all for what you do for this pinball community! I have been following your channel for about 2 years now and I am amazed that you have time to respond to all these questions while producing amazing tables and content.

Thank you
Jim

Outhere,

Thankyou that is a good guide to follow that was exactly my problem. I had my combos setup wrong I had to remove rgb flipper. Now everything is good.

Thankyou,
Jim

#32 Cadorna

Cadorna

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 March 2023 - 02:56 AM

I am not seeing Mr. Eggman's ship and he appears as "floating" in the air ... anyone else? I am in v1.6

#33 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 07 March 2023 - 08:15 PM

I am not seeing Mr. Eggman's ship and he appears as "floating" in the air ... anyone else? I am in v1.6

Be sure you are using the exact FP settings I show in the Install Instructions.

#34 Cadorna

Cadorna

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 12:56 AM

Thank you, Terry! It was the Render Ornaments checkbox that was unchecked and I can't blame anyone else than me for changing that!  :dblthumb:

#35 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:19 AM

Thank you, Terry! It was the Render Ornaments checkbox that was unchecked and I can't blame anyone else than me for changing that!  :dblthumb:

It's good you mentioned it, as that ship model should have had that setting disabled in the editor (to prevent that from happening).

#36 blackphoenixpt

blackphoenixpt

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

• Flag: Portugal

• Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 10 April 2023 - 01:31 PM

Hello.

Is it possible to add FizX to a table (just the flippers EOS thinggy) with a copy/paste of the minimalist script? (renaming LeftFlipper, RightFlipper and adding the special timer).

Do you think it is possible? If not, why? Thank you!

Edited by blackphoenixpt, 10 April 2023 - 01:52 PM.

#37 TerryRed

TerryRed

Pinball Fan

• Silver Supporter
  • 1,823 posts

Contributor

Posted 10 April 2023 - 02:24 PM

Hello.

Is it possible to add FizX to a table (just the flippers EOS thinggy) with a copy/paste of the minimalist script? (renaming LeftFlipper, RightFlipper and adding the special timer).

Do you think it is possible? If not, why? Thank you!

https://pinballnirva...y-to-add.21983/

#38 blackphoenixpt

blackphoenixpt

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 02:37 PM

Hello.

I will have a look (but I just wanted the flipper stuff not the DOF, PUP...)

THANK YOU for the quickness of your answer. :)

Keep the good job! ;)

#39 GeorgeH

GeorgeH

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Black Rose

Posted 10 April 2023 - 03:50 PM

Hello.

I will have a look (but I just wanted the flipper stuff not the DOF, PUP...)

THANK YOU for the quickness of your answer. :)

Keep the good job! ;)

You want FizX Lite:

https://pinballnirva...included.22081/

#40 blackphoenixpt

blackphoenixpt

Hobbyist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 April 2023 - 09:31 PM

You're the best. That was what I needed.

I had some problems with the slingshots (too soft) but I changed the XML and now it's acceptable.

THANK YOU!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fizx, bam, dof, ssf, pupdmd, pup, PinEvent