#61 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 27 March 2024 - 09:02 AM

So, since I've been asked .... I'll get a shaky and shitty video together soon.

- all toys, solenoids, flashers, shaker motor, gear motor, RGB undercab, strobe, addressable LEDs

- I've copied TerryRed's common items for SSF for flippers, bumpers, slings.  I don't have SFF so I'm still waiting on a tester feedback for this (I'm sure we'll hear from the SSF tester soon in this thread)

- All table.FX files will be back to plain text, so while those shipped should do it for most people, feel free to customise away

This will be V8 of DOFLinx.  Also in V8 will be integration with the full range if Pixelcade devices (www.pixelcade.org).  So while mostly for MAME, this will also allow Pixelcade devices to used from Pinball FX for stuff.  Here's my shitty sample of MAME scores https://youtu.be/JPbSIjF_qRY

I can't comment on the SFF / music mix as I don't do this.

Other questions?

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#62 fR33Styler

fR33Styler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash (FX3)

Posted 29 March 2024 - 12:05 AM

I don't have SFF so I'm still waiting on a tester feedback for this

If there´s anything i can assist with let me know.

This is the best message ev4R!!!

All table.FX files will be back to plain text, so while those shipped should do it for most people, feel free to customise away

Iam so much looking forward to this.

Maybe could work for Pinball M too then right?

My VPIN

#63 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 04 April 2024 - 04:30 AM

And here is the video https://youtu.be/f6bIcObR5Do

DOFLinx
Contributions for equipment to help with ongoing DOFLinx development can be made here

#64 fR33Styler

fR33Styler

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash (FX3)

Posted 07 April 2024 - 08:01 PM

awesome!!!!!!

Edited by fR33Styler, 07 April 2024 - 08:01 PM.

My VPIN

#65 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: T2 Judgment Day

Posted 09 April 2024 - 04:17 PM

Hello

It is super impressive. Well done, congratulations & thank you for that @DDH69.

Super eager to test it too.

Do you have any idea of when Zen will update Pinball FX accordingly ? 

I've seen last week they will release 3 new tables mid-May. Should we consider to have FX updated at the same time ? Or could it be done in the meantime ?

Thanks for your feedback & well done again ! You rock !

#66 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 April 2024 - 07:28 AM

Hello again @DDH69

Oh and by the way, in your video, you highlighted the active backglass capability. 

Does it mean Pinball FX will natively manage directb2s files ? Or is it a "basic" video file (and if so, what format will be needed) ?

How does it work ?

Just to prepare and download the different required media before the official launch ;)

Thanks in advance

#67 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:16 PM

Hello

Any feedback/info about my questions above ?

Thanks

#68 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 11:45 AM

Hello again @DDH69

Oh and by the way, in your video, you highlighted the active backglass capability. 

Does it mean Pinball FX will natively manage directb2s files ? Or is it a "basic" video file (and if so, what format will be needed) ?

How does it work ?

Just to prepare and download the different required media before the official launch ;)

Thanks in advance

Sorry, missed this post.  The back glasses work the same as they did for FX2 and FX3.  So a back glass is built with B2S tools that has illumination setup and configured as animations.  Pinball FX sends events that occur on the table via the integration (DOFLinx DLL).  DOFLinx then links those events to actions.  The actions can be flashers, solenoids, etc, etc, and then of course B2S animations.

So no its not a video, its  true active back glass (B2S , so xxx.directb2s file) driven by real time events on the table through the B2SServer.

DOFLinx

#69 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 April 2024 - 07:47 AM

Thanks for the answer.

Wow, it is even greater than I would have imagined.

Incredible work. Even more eager to get the latest update and test it. Soon (I guess)

Thanks again

#70 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 03:30 PM

Hello everyone

It seems DofLinx v8.00 has been released 2 days ago and it is now able to manage Pinball FX  :dblthumb:

I guess we now just need to get FX appropriately updated by Zen to enjoy it.

Well done & thank you again DDH69.  :otvclap:

Great work !

#71 cityskate

cityskate

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Iron Maiden

Posted 24 April 2024 - 07:57 PM

Great news. Have you gotten it to work yet? I've gone through the instructions and must be doing something wrong. I didn't understand the part about MAME. I already have VPINMAME, but this is a different version? I downloaded the file and I don't see an installer. 

#72 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:24 PM

Great news. Have you gotten it to work yet? I've gone through the instructions and must be doing something wrong. I didn't understand the part about MAME. I already have VPINMAME, but this is a different version? I downloaded the file and I don't see an installer. 

MAME refers to the arcade MAME emulator, nothing to do with the pinball side of things.

DOFLinx

#73 cityskate

cityskate

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 April 2024 - 11:48 PM

MAME refers to the arcade MAME emulator, nothing to do with the pinball side of things.

Gotcha. That's perfect, thank you.

#74 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:10 AM

No, I didn't try it yet (my pincab isn't in my main house). Will give it a try this weekend. That said, I would have thought Pinball FX required an update to work with Doflinx. Even if there is already a "doflinx" tab in the settings, you cannot enable it through the interface (but you can set "enable" in .INI file). I assume this isn't the normal process.

Feel free to share your own experience, if not walkthrough to have it working.

That could help and save time ;)

Thanks

#75 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 09:42 AM

No, I didn't try it yet (my pincab isn't in my main house). Will give it a try this weekend. That said, I would have thought Pinball FX required an update to work with Doflinx. Even if there is already a "doflinx" tab in the settings, you cannot enable it through the interface (but you can set "enable" in .INI file). I assume this isn't the normal process.

Thanks

The option is enabled by installing DOFLinxTrigger.dll . Good news is, its all in the guide.

DOFLinx

#76 cityskate

cityskate

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 01:14 PM

Think I figured out what my issue is, although I don't know how to fix it yet. My backglass is not changing to the active backglass, and the b2s process does not run when I launch an FX game. I've double checked all my settings in the guides, correct files are where they need to be, correct paths as well. I haven't gone through the full guide yet, I'll give that a shot.

#77 madsurfer1313

madsurfer1313

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 02:16 PM

Thanks

The option is enabled by installing DOFLinxTrigger.dll . Good news is, its all in the guide.

Shame on me... I didn't RTFM... 

Thanks a millions DDH69 for your support & work. Really impressive !!

#78 cityskate

cityskate

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 04:38 PM

Ok, so I'm getting this:

26-Apr-24 11:31:11.224 - Pre-Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.294 - DEBUG enabled with showing of window True
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.303 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX3--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.314 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX3--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.323 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.332 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX--------------------------------'

Turned on Debug mode to see if I could figure anything out. I'm getting those errors for my directoutputconfig40.ini file as well. Triple checked my paths, got a new set of B2S files, registered. Tested, still working in FX3 with the 32-bit version of DOF, still working in VPX. Still not working in FX (using 64-bit DOF)

#79 DDH69

DDH69

Pinball Wizard

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 26 April 2024 - 10:52 PM

Think I figured out what my issue is, although I don't know how to fix it yet. My backglass is not changing to the active backglass, and the b2s process does not run when I launch an FX game. I've double checked all my settings in the guides, correct files are where they need to be, correct paths as well. I haven't gone through the full guide yet, I'll give that a shot.

Have a read of the B2S documentation on this site. There is a right-click test function in DOFLinx for a B2S, but its currently only working on the PATH_FX3_B2S= path - your could set that to same as PATH_FX_B2S= and the test function will work.

Ok, so I'm getting this:

26-Apr-24 11:31:11.224 - Pre-Reading DOFLinx.INI startup config file details
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.294 - DEBUG enabled with showing of window True
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.303 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX3--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.314 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX3--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.323 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX--------------------------------'
26-Apr-24 11:31:11.332 - Invalid parameter format for '---------------------------------FX--------------------------------'

Turned on Debug mode to see if I could figure anything out. I'm getting those errors for my directoutputconfig40.ini file as well. Triple checked my paths, got a new set of B2S files, registered. Tested, still working in FX3 with the 32-bit version of DOF, still working in VPX. Still not working in FX (using 64-bit DOF)

Looks like you've got some lines in your DOFLinx.INI for comments that don't have a # at the beginning of the line.  It will not stop anything from working, but adding the # will tidy things up.

DOFLinx

#80 cityskate

cityskate

Neophyte

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 09:46 AM

Will do, thanks. Not at home so I'll look later. Is there a process that runs when B2S server starts up?

I'll go through the ini again, could be syntac error like you said.