Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Flag: Australia

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 07 June 2021 - 12:16 PM

Posted Image

File Name: South Park (Sega 1999)_Bigus(MOD)

File Submitter: bigus1

File Submitted: 07 Jun 2021

File Category: VPX/VPinMAME - MOD Tables

Author(s): Bigus1, Knorr
Manufacturer: Sega
Year: 1999
Permission to MOD?: Unspecified

This naughty table from Knorr is good fun and a laugh.
2.0 is a fresh makeover with new lighting and physics.
Enjoy :)

Click here to download this file

#2 marcio clauss

marcio clauss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

• Flag: Brazil

• Favorite Pinball: Shark TAITO

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:13 PM

Thank you Bigus1 - Knorr :tup:

#3 pablo99

pablo99

Enthusiast

• Silver Supporter
  • 54 posts

• Flag: United Kingdom

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:04 PM

Hi Bigus, thanks for the update.

I noticed some odd behaviour as the ball enters Kenny's scoop, somehow it doesn't look right and once the ball seemed to rebound just as it was about to enter the scoop.

#4 bolt

bolt

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,032 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 07 June 2021 - 04:48 PM

THank you Knorr and Bigus. Fantastic one.

Posted Image

#5 MrSpookypants

MrSpookypants

Neophyte

• Platinum Supporter
  • 3 posts

• Flag: United States of America

• Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic, Ghostbusters (Stern)

Posted 07 June 2021 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the polish!

#6 tmpc

tmpc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

• Favorite Pinball: fish tales

Posted 08 June 2021 - 12:26 AM

I like very much, thanks.

#7 Knorr

Knorr

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 221 posts

• Flag: Austria

• Favorite Pinball: Dirty Harry

Posted 09 June 2021 - 01:32 PM

Never gave permission to upload

#8 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

VPF Veteran

• VIP
  • 5,061 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra

Contributor

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:01 PM

Bigus1. You even mentioned in your other posts that you didnt have permission and you werent happy about it

I see you decided to upload it anyways :(

#9 remdwaas1986

remdwaas1986

Enthusiast

• Platinum Supporter
  • 276 posts

• Flag: Netherlands

• Favorite Pinball: Pokemon

Contributor

Posted 09 June 2021 - 02:19 PM

i tought it was discust in:

Passing the baton - Pinball Discussion Forum - VPForums.org

gallery_139054_567_13031.pnggallery_139054_567_2859.png

#10 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

Real 4K Tables Since 2013

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

• Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins

Posted 09 June 2021 - 07:18 PM

Bigus1. You even mentioned in your other posts that you didnt have permission and you werent happy about it

I've questioned him about how it was possible to get permission from so many builders.... I never got a response.... what it seems to me is he's bring tables to VPF that were never uploaded here by the original builder....  I know i been gone awhile, but this must still be a huge NO NO in the VP world/etiquette..... the lack of respect still goes on....  :(

26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif

#11 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

'Rasslin' Fan

• VPF Administrator
  • 12,190 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

• PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz

Contributor

Posted 09 June 2021 - 07:26 PM

I've questioned him about how it was possible to get permission from so many builders.... I never got a response.... what it seems to me is he's bring tables to VPF that were never uploaded here by the original builder....  I know i been gone awhile, but this must still be a huge NO NO in the VP world/etiquette..... the lack of respect still goes on....  :(

We're working it out. I think this is a case of rescinded permission, which I'm struggling to understand. Hopefully, I get an answer soon.

As far as uploads here, they are to be uploaded only with permission from the original author. There is some grey area there, as many tables use resources from previous authors who allow their tables to be modded freely. Those tables are still free to MOD, no matter what the subsequent author thinks. We're pretty done with the 'mine, mine, mine' attitude when taking resources that are freely given to MOD.

Then, there is the whole "I don't contribute, or give back, here, but I demand respect." Those days are over.

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg

My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.

#12 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 09 June 2021 - 07:33 PM

We're working it out. I think this is a case of rescinded permission, which I'm struggling to understand. Hopefully, I get an answer soon.

As far as uploads here, they are to be uploaded only with permission from the original author. There is some grey area there, as many tables use resources from previous authors who allow their tables to be modded freely. Those tables are still free to MOD, no matter what the subsequent author thinks. We're pretty done with the 'mine, mine, mine' attitude when taking resources that are freely given to MOD.

Then, there is the whole "I don't contribute, or give back, here, but I demand respect." Those days are over.

using free resources are one thing.... taking a table and editing the GI values and its a "mod" or its now "mine"...is something else.... i mean I would think

#13 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

'Rasslin' Fan

• VPF Administrator
  • 12,190 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

• PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz

Contributor

Posted 09 June 2021 - 07:43 PM

using free resources are one thing.... taking a table and editing the GI values and its a "mod" or its now "mine"...is something else.... i mean I would think

It's a lot more involved than that. The whole 'MINE' mindset is toxic, as far as I'm concerned, anyway. Nothing we do is mine, or anyone else's. It's recreating pinball to preserve its history. It's turned into something much uglier in recent years.

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg

My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.

#14 wiesshund

wiesshund

VPF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,801 posts

• Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 10 June 2021 - 01:36 AM

It's a lot more involved than that. The whole 'MINE' mindset is toxic, as far as I'm concerned, anyway. Nothing we do is mine, or anyone else's. It's recreating pinball to preserve its history. It's turned into something much uglier in recent years.

Oh, it's someones, just not ours.

Stern's Williams', Gottlieb's, Data East's etc, as well as people like MGM, MCI, Sony etc.
Unless it is a 100% original, I invented it table.

And if i spend 6 months hand drawing the playfield in vector, it still is not mine.
I did not make it, i am just repainting it so to speak, i have no license or permission from whom ever made it originally, so i really can't tell you what to do with it.

I have already copied or moded someone else's work, with out thier permission to boot.

I did not make the ROM at all, i just dumped that from the pulled chips, exactly as is.
I did not invent the table design, i just put parts in where someone else already invented the locations.

I dont own any of what i just recreated, i dont even have permission to recreate it, so i can not really tell anyone else what they can and can not do it

or who they can go share it with.

If they want to make a pink version with flowers and fuzzy dice, uh just dont send me a copy
Actually, if you do that, it's totally ok to strip my name from it (Please, i dont want the blame for that)

If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i dont have any way to receive it anyways

If you really want to get rid of money you can donate to this

Athena's Wildlife Sanctuary

#15 Wylte

Wylte

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

• Flag: ---------

• Favorite Pinball: Sys7/Sys11b/DEv3/Experimental Shenanigans

Contributor

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:02 AM

If they want to make a pink version with flowers and fuzzy dice, uh just dont send me a copy
Actually, if you do that, it's totally ok to strip my name from it (Please, i dont want the blame for that)

I hear you loud and clear ;)

Legally Blonde mod of Heavy Metal on the way!
Check out my projects Here!

#16 bigus1

bigus1

Pinball Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Firepower

Posted 10 June 2021 - 04:26 AM

This table was never on my radar as "needing a mod". The table had an unresolved error that caused it to crash and that's what I fixed - even though certain members can't bear to hear it. I was even prevented from saying so on my previous upload, and it's kinda why I don't give details anymore - it just gives the trolls a point of attack.

You critters need to understand that I'm giving and not taking, and if the author wants to update his table, this version in no way prevents that. I did other stuff to the table to try and diminish the howls of protest that would come from people who like to complain that nothing is done if they can't see it. I also fixed a ball trap. Also invisible.

There's an offer going at the moment to upload whatever you like with no permission required, so if all I cared about was to have my name on every table, as some have suggested, then I could. Easy.  I'm trying to help evolve these tables to keep-up with VP.  If you don't like my efforts - Great! - don't download.

#17 makmak

makmak

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

• Flag: Germany

• Favorite Pinball: the one with less drains

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:04 AM

As long as main previous "authors" (maybe "builders"/"coders"/"artists"/"programmers" would be the better term?) are still mentioned in the topic or script, whats so wrong about pimping a table and share it? (saying this, who of the authors ever "authored" a rom? Originals are a different thing) I dont feel like "awww not again the tenth version of table x with red instead of white bulbs". Well, there are dozens of versions of some table designs with various themes (with permission to mod, seawitch for example). If Im sick of it, I dont download it, without telling the world it doesnt need it.
In fact, isnt evolving tables what we all expect from the community from the second on when vpx evolves? "Authors" should be proud not pissed, if someone is working on his previous version. What I see is, previous authors ARE mentioned, not deleted. Are there examples, when someone "stole" a table, claiming its all his work?

#18 Gravy

Gravy

Pinball Fan

• VIP
  • 1,070 posts

• Favorite Pinball: Simpsons pinball party

Posted 10 June 2021 - 06:56 AM

"Standing on the shoulders of giants" comes to mind... it's how humanity furthers itself.

Pinball Addict

#19 jpsalas

jpsalas

Grand Schtroumpf

• VIP
  • 6,450 posts

• Flag: Norway

• Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:32 AM

All this "mine, mine, mine" talk makes me remember this:

Finding Nemo- MINE (full version HQ) - YouTube

:D

These are my tables, sorted by date, all them playable with VPX 7 or newer:

vp.jpg

After 18 years making tables, it is time to take a rest and let new authors do their thing.

I guess at last I'll play some more pinball :). But I'm sure I'll make some table updates from time to time :)

#20 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

• VIP
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 07:50 AM

what "some" people are not getting , is that lots (not all) of the original "recreator" "builder" asks for is one thing, respect there request to mod or dont mod/reupload....
being someone that's been involved with builds that have taken countless hours/months/years to finish, so is that request that much to ask??... I mean is it?? is it really??
there are 3 main categories of VPer:  <----IMO

1. builder/coders/graphic designers/3D modelers/modder (with permissions) 
  2. player/tester/resourcer/people with real pinball knowledge
  3. the typical leech

anyone want to guess what the majority is?...lol     and the one that should have zero say on this issue

my own personal thoughts, this has been the #1 issue since before i got into this sillness in (2012?)  and its not just this hobby i couldn't count how many hobbies i've been involved with.... every hobby has, "content contributors"  "talentless poachers"   and "leeches"...   and i mean EVERY hobby..... also if someone reads this and is offended by the term leech, please dont be, would I and others love to just be providing content to the people that are active in the community, sure.... but hey if the leeches enjoy it thats awesome as well, its just a term forum people use for the people that do nothing but download/use and are not active in the community....  
so will this issue/controversy ever go away?...LOL  NO , NEVER its the nature of the beast... there will always be people that dont agree and will do what they want.... in the end as users of this content, most of you know who are the real builder of the content, and those people support and agree with the requests... again some builders dont care either way, and I fully support their decision, its awesome...I support whatever the recreator decides....  remember these are my options as someone on both sides of the fence
I also pretty much know who thinks like me and who doesnt.... 

anyone that wants to debate on IP...lol... if thats really a concern, your in the wrong hobby.... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IVANTBA, vpx, Terminator Genisys, Arnold Schwarzenegger, original, Terminator