Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#161 rehab

rehab

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Location:Amsterdam

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse,AFM,MM

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:42 AM

Amazing work!

#162 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

I'll try to have the table complete and to you guys by the end of the day on Monday.

Farlos: get back to me about your system, I may be able to help you out in a big way

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#163 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

For some reason i'm retarded and i can't get this video to post here. a little pinbot gameplay. out for testing on monday. then off to finish up bop



"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#164 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:26 PM

that looks so wicked! I can't wait to run this in my FS pinball PC. 1986, all over again!! biggrin.gif


CODE


Basically it's 'youtube' the video number (not includeing the url) '/youtube'

and you replace the ' character with square open/close brackets.



That should embed the video for you!


Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#165 ChainZaw

ChainZaw

    Pin Psycho

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico

  • Flag: Puerto Rico

  • Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Medieval Madness, T2, Elvira & Party Monsters, Sorcerer

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:32 PM

I might be able to help on testing Pin-Bot, i have this ball draining bastard engraved on my brain. Played it from 87-92 non stop.
Also have the PHOF version wich pretty much plays the same.

Edited by ChainZaw, 10 September 2010 - 12:33 PM.

 


#166 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

I find the PHOF version on ps3 to be rediculously easier than the real thing. My 2 cents.

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#167 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:11 PM

I've got the NES version smile.gif lol
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#168 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Sep 10 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got the NES version smile.gif lol


I lol'd when I saw the screenies for that. My, how far games have come. I don't miss the good old days of 8-bit, like I miss the good old days of pinball, that's for sure.

Edited by TheKeef, 10 September 2010 - 03:14 PM.


Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#169 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (TheKeef @ Sep 10 2010, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Sep 10 2010, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got the NES version smile.gif lol


I lol'd when I saw the screenies for that. My, how far games have come. I don't miss the good old days of 8-bit, like I miss the good old days of pinball, that's for sure.


Man i remember the day my mom came home with Pin*Bot... we were severely dissapointed in the way it played compared to Pinball and later Rollerball when we got it on NES.

I still play the NES version to this day now and then. The worst thing about it really is just that the flippers move with the screen, so if the ball is at the top of the playfield you will still see the flippers so you know where they are at when the ball comes back down.

I miss the 8bit days. I have no want or care really for any console after Dreamcast.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#170 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

I player both PinBot and High Speed for the NES and hated them both. There were extra features that got put into them that made the gameplay abysmal. The console pinball games I loved the most were the PSX's True Pinball and the Atari 2600's Midnight Magic.

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#171 ChainZaw

ChainZaw

    Pin Psycho

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico

  • Flag: Puerto Rico

  • Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Medieval Madness, T2, Elvira & Party Monsters, Sorcerer

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (TheKeef @ Sep 10 2010, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find the PHOF version on ps3 to be rediculously easier than the real thing. My 2 cents.


The X360 version is hard like the one i used to play.

 


#172 powerchisper

powerchisper

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 243 posts
  • Location:Sevilla

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Dracula

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

I am amazed from the moving ramp...it looks soooo good !!!!

And you say it is made with gates ??

I have been peeking at Jack-Bot by JP , and it is a normal ramp , with something called "array" in the script.

Please correct my English if it is necessary.

Any funny words or sentences you can teach me are welcome too !!!

This way I'll learn about pinball but English as well.

#173 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (powerchisper @ Sep 10 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am amazed from the moving ramp...it looks soooo good !!!!

And you say it is made with gates ??

I have been peeking at Jack-Bot by JP , and it is a normal ramp , with something called "array" in the script.

Yes it's actually just one gate and the animation is super smooth. I know your looking for a solution for the drop ramps in the table you are doing. If you'd like I can send it to you to see how it works. The best thing about it is the gate is not collideable so it can be as wide as you need it and it will work out even for say a curved drop ramp. It's just a matter of lining it up. I could have used it for the visor as well.

If you'd like to see how it works for your table let me know and I'll send it your way

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#174 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Sep 10 2010, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (powerchisper @ Sep 10 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am amazed from the moving ramp...it looks soooo good !!!!

And you say it is made with gates ??

I have been peeking at Jack-Bot by JP , and it is a normal ramp , with something called "array" in the script.

Yes it's actually just one gate and the animation is super smooth. I know your looking for a solution for the drop ramps in the table you are doing. If you'd like I can send it to you to see how it works. The best thing about it is the gate is not collideable so it can be as wide as you need it and it will work out even for say a curved drop ramp. It's just a matter of lining it up. I could have used it for the visor as well.

If you'd like to see how it works for your table let me know and I'll send it your way



You might be able to help powercrispher out with the launch ramp on this Dracula table, as he was trying to work out the best way to do it, and your method looks ideal.

Great looking table though UW as always dblthumb.gif

Edited by lettuce, 10 September 2010 - 10:22 PM.


#175 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Sep 10 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (powerchisper @ Sep 10 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am amazed from the moving ramp...it looks soooo good !!!!

And you say it is made with gates ??

I have been peeking at Jack-Bot by JP , and it is a normal ramp , with something called "array" in the script.

Yes it's actually just one gate and the animation is super smooth. I know your looking for a solution for the drop ramps in the table you are doing. If you'd like I can send it to you to see how it works. The best thing about it is the gate is not collideable so it can be as wide as you need it and it will work out even for say a curved drop ramp. It's just a matter of lining it up. I could have used it for the visor as well.

If you'd like to see how it works for your table let me know and I'll send it your way

Just a reminder that I AM interested in how you used the gate for the drop ramp. Take your time though on making an example table illustrating such. I have the patience. biggrin.gif

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#176 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (Practicedummy @ Sep 10 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (unclewilly @ Sep 10 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (powerchisper @ Sep 10 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am amazed from the moving ramp...it looks soooo good !!!!

And you say it is made with gates ??

I have been peeking at Jack-Bot by JP , and it is a normal ramp , with something called "array" in the script.

Yes it's actually just one gate and the animation is super smooth. I know your looking for a solution for the drop ramps in the table you are doing. If you'd like I can send it to you to see how it works. The best thing about it is the gate is not collideable so it can be as wide as you need it and it will work out even for say a curved drop ramp. It's just a matter of lining it up. I could have used it for the visor as well.

If you'd like to see how it works for your table let me know and I'll send it your way

Just a reminder that I AM interested in how you used the gate for the drop ramp. Take your time though on making an example table illustrating such. I have the patience. biggrin.gif


I'll send you a copy when I send it out to the testers

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#177 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Question for the 4:3 guys

is this an acceptable angle?
also, would you prefer the leds from the dmd to be coded in with lights
or to just use the pinmame display


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#178 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:24 PM

That view is perfect uw

I would prefer the leds from the dmd to be coded in with lights

But it really doesn't matter

Edited by vic viper, 11 September 2010 - 08:25 PM.

SHOOT THE CORE

#179 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi UW!

Nice Job! I can't wait to play this beauty!! clapping.gif

But you asked and my opinion is....

INC / FOV something between:

INC: 55 to 60

FOV: 30 to 40

No DMD

Thanks for your attention!
Worship.gif

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#180 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

I'll see what I can do to get it closer to that. Right now it's 53/23. The helmet may not look right at the 60/30 angle but I'll check it out before I do the backdrop.

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif