Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#161 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:41 AM

 

Funny,  Thanks for your reply to my trouble.  Here is some info and pics

 

1) Using latest beta 10.3 build 3031, no check box under video options to force FS settings
 
2) TOM
 
3) I've tried on my PinCab with similar results, but these settings are from a laptop with only 1 screen
 
 
Thanks for your help, these really cool for a 1 screen setup and when all these can be in the same table it will be great
 
 
Steve
 
sorry try this
 
 
 
 
really hate uploading pics, never remember a good free image hoster and how to paste into this forum
 
Hope you can figure it out from the html that I posted
 

 

 

 

First thing I see is the table is rotated in a landscape view, this should not be the case, this means in your backdrop settings panel you probably have disabled FSS, and also disabled DT mode, these tables are strictly for FSS so DT + FSS modes must both be checked in backdrop. until further changes are added to VP10 to support all table type platforms in one VPX file, this is the limitation these tables are confined to.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#162 softfish

softfish

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: spider man

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:53 AM

 

Funny,  Thanks for your reply to my trouble.  Here is some info and pics

 

1) Using latest beta 10.3 build 3031, no check box under video options to force FS settings
 
2) TOM
 
3) I've tried on my PinCab with similar results, but these settings are from a laptop with only 1 screen
 
 
Thanks for your help, these really cool for a 1 screen setup and when all these can be in the same table it will be great
 
 
Steve
 
sorry try this
 
 
 
 
really hate uploading pics, never remember a good free image hoster and how to paste into this forum
 
Hope you can figure it out from the html that I posted
 

You can post images up from the Red toolbar at the top of the page. It says VPF Image Host.

Took me about 30 minutes to find it myself. Hope this helps.

 



#163 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

12 of my 22 tables currently being worked on are added in the first post in the thread under Wave 3.. Enjoy! 


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#164 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

12 of my 22 tables currently being worked on are added in the first post in the thread under Wave 3.. Enjoy! 

Noah should create a specific heading fss



#165 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:59 PM

euh..normal for medieval madness. strange lights


Edited by fripounet, 13 April 2017 - 07:59 PM.


#166 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

@fripoo.. No that is not normal. I can see your icons on the side of the screen, and I don't see the default window frame around the app, this usually means you have not chosen the correct video resolution in the video options dialog, Now I'm going to be honest I have not tried rotating my display since a few builds back, so it may have something to do with it, but I doubt it , its more likely the former and not the latter being the cause. can you check that?

 

Edit: you must always change the resolution when rotating the display for this app when playing FSS.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 13 April 2017 - 10:04 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#167 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:54 AM

bump ...12 of my 22 tables currently being worked on are added in the first post in the thread under Wave 3..

 

 

and I did Hyperball  for fun because it so crazy!

 

Attached File  Hyperball Clipboard-1.png   776.16KB   10 downloads


Edited by hanzoverfist, 14 April 2017 - 03:04 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#168 zorb34

zorb34

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Spiderman

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:29 AM

Hanzoverfist - much appreciating all your work on FSS and these tables! As a desktop user I initially thought this sounded great for those unable to go the cab route but able to run a monitor in rotated view. However I was initially skeptical of running this in normal desktop mode given you lose playfield size/detail due to the BS.

Well that was until I actually tried it! I underestimated just how good it is to see DMD's in their original position and the added graphical benefit of the BS.

Ultimately I imagine it will depend on the extent to which this all impacts on gameplay, but my initial reaction was premature, so far these FSS tables look and play fantastically well :)) 



#169 batch

batch

    VPFroggie

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • Location:Center of France

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: Anyone if gaming and appearence are great

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:29 AM

Uploading pics is very simple

 

1 - Click on "VPF Image Host"  (between "Support VPF" and "Pinball People Gallery" at the top of the screen)

 

12.jpg

 

2 - Find your pic in "Image" (search) and then click on "Upload"

 

2-2.jpg

 

3 - Copy the link from "Direct link to image"

 

3.jpg

 

4 - Click on Icon "Image", paste it to "URL" and then click "OK"

 

 

That's all !


Edited by batch, 14 April 2017 - 09:31 AM.

signature_juin2026-1.jpg     signature_juin2026-2.jpg       

 

DIRECT LINK TO MY TABLES :  http://www.vpforums....loads&mid=30858    


#170 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

@fripoo.. No that is not normal. I can see your icons on the side of the screen, and I don't see the default window frame around the app, this usually means you have not chosen the correct video resolution in the video options dialog, Now I'm going to be honest I have not tried rotating my display since a few builds back, so it may have something to do with it, but I doubt it , its more likely the former and not the latter being the cause. can you check that?

 

Edit: you must always change the resolution when rotating the display for this app when playing FSS.

It is only this table that is thus.
With the same configuration, the others work very well

Edited by fripounet, 14 April 2017 - 10:03 AM.


#171 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

@ fripoo might be a small corruption in the file, can you re-download the file and try again, I will as well and test that table myself.. but my copy here is fine.

 

EDIT: So I downloaded that file, and the vpx is fine works as expected, I would recommend you do just that, its not normal that you see the screen of icons on the side of your display without a deafult window frame around the application. 

 

@batch yes the third wave of images are uploaded to vp image host.

 

@zorb34... much appreciated positive feedback.. and yes the visuals are great but now is the gameplay also.. time will tell.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 14 April 2017 - 02:16 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#172 haggi

haggi

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 345 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Flintstones

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

Thank you for the many tables that you convert. Very, very great!

 

And thank you for the inspiration table and backglass vertical to play on a monitor.

 

My way is another but he does not look so good. But I can do it very quickly updaten

 

AGAIN: THANKS FOR TABLES AND INSPIRATION   :D :good:



#173 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

thx for the compliments haggi  , yes updating is/will be difficult, that is why I modified my method in my third wave of tables, much simpler and a lot more cutting and pasting.. and less modifying of individual elements.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#174 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:18 AM

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Just added Lizards Hyperball in FSS to the wave 3 lineup.. its on the first post of the thread under wave 3

****************************************************************************************************************************************************


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#175 fripounet

fripounet

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,032 posts

  • Flag: China

  • Favorite Pinball: .les miens

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:13 AM

sorry , but hyperball , led error .my reso native is 1200x1980 but vpx only 1080x1920 (hi reso) , it"s important ?

 

 

 



#176 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:49 PM

@ fripoo Yes it is important in my first post on this thread I speak about unsupported video  modes above 1080x1920.

 

I will see about adding that resolution to the build, but in the interim,  just change your res to 1920x1080 at the same time you rotate your display..


Edited by hanzoverfist, 15 April 2017 - 12:53 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#177 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:47 AM

Got my first EM Reel table working in FSS.. just a few more tweaks to the code and its done.

 

Was supposed to do a completely different table but this one was less time consuming.

 

 

jokerpokerclipboard-1_t.png


Edited by hanzoverfist, 16 April 2017 - 04:48 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#178 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

@ fripoo since you have been such a fan, yes I will make genie for you..   :drool:


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#179 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:54 PM

Got my first EM Reel table working in FSS.. just a few more tweaks to the code and its done.

 

Was supposed to do a completely different table but this one was less time consuming.

 

 

jokerpokerclipboard-1_t.png

WOW!  I am impressed with what you have done!  Can't wait to see more!

 

Great work hanz!  :dblthumb: 


Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#180 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:03 PM

Here is an image showing its actual drums running the EM reels behind the glass.

 

jokerpokerdrumsclipboard-1_t.png


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX