- View New Content
-
Getting Started
-
Tutorials
Tutorial Categories
Tutorials Main Page Installation and Setup Downloadable TutorialsROM Adjustments
Number of Balls Adjustments Volume Adjustments
-
Visual Pinball Tables
VP 8 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP 9 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP9 Cabinet Tables
All Full Screen Cabinet Full Screen B2S Cabinet Spanned Cabinet Tables Media Packs ROMsVPX Tables
All VPinMAME Recreations VPX- - /VPinMAME - MOD Tables VPX Recreations VPX Originals Media Packs ROMs VR
-
Frontend Media & Backglass
Media Packs
Complete Media Packs Wheel Logos VideosBackglasses
dB2S Animated Backglasses UVP Animated Backglasses Topper Images
- Future Pinball Tables
-
Design Resources
Main Resources
Table Templates Playfield Images Image Library Sound Library Key CodesVP Guides
VP8 Guide - English VP8 Guide - Deutsch VP9 Guide - English VP9.1.x Guide - English VP Object Guide VPM DocumentationFuture Pinball Resources
Playfield Images 3D Model LibraryFuture Pinball Guides
FP Script Guide Big Draco Script Guide FP Table Design Guide FP DMD Guide
- Other Features
- Bug Tracker
- Image Gallery
- Blogs
-
More
VPX Funhouse WIP
Started By
Shoopity
, Feb 11 2016 05:49 PM
233 replies to this topic
#161
Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:35 PM
Sounds like a lot of work is going into this table and your passion for it is really coming through with the visuals and descriptions.
I enjoy your other tables and can't to try FH!
BTW, are you still looking into physics similar to what JP used on his Flash vpx table?
I've looked around in the settings and sounds and still not sure how JP was able to get that particular table to play, feel and sound more realistic than any other VP table I have played.
Anyway, keep the passion and thanks for sharing!
I enjoy your other tables and can't to try FH!
BTW, are you still looking into physics similar to what JP used on his Flash vpx table?
I've looked around in the settings and sounds and still not sure how JP was able to get that particular table to play, feel and sound more realistic than any other VP table I have played.
Anyway, keep the passion and thanks for sharing!
#162
Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:44 PM
I have put a big emphasis on physics for FH. I have referenced JP's and CK's styles and factored in what I am seeing on my real FH machine.
It plays very accurate to the real thing and has plenty of the east/west ball action I have been looking for. I guarantee you will be pleased.
Edited by wrd1972, 28 November 2016 - 05:44 PM.
My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia GTX 970
40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.
#166
Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:55 PM
Ok guys, It was an honour to make some preview videos of this amazing table, awesome work you all did, thanks!!
I made two videos, one original and one with the most mods switched on, really great you have the choice, they both look and play amazing!
#169
Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:54 PM
Thanks for hosting the teaser vids for me Laylow. This is going to assist me in fine tuning the physics as well.
Wont be much longer guys. Should be done just in time for Christmas.
Edited by wrd1972, 10 December 2016 - 12:07 AM.
My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia GTX 970
40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.
#172
Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:40 AM
Fantastic! I'm speechless. The physics seem to be perfect.
Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 Tablet Wifi mit Tapatalk
Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z2 Tablet Wifi mit Tapatalk
Rajo Joey - My front-end-files; Hundreds of Audio- and Videorecordings in high quality for Playfield (4k/60FPS) and Backglass (HD), Wheels & POV-Files: The Media-Post
https://www.facebook...02697096474910/
#175
Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:59 AM
Really Amazing work...on a side note laylow I have never seen a video where the ball moves as smoothly as in your videos what are your system specs for your machine?
Just an average system, Core-i5, 16 GB RAM and GTX 660 2GB Card... ![]()
#176
Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:58 PM
OK, I gotta know, how did you end up implementing the mirror (or is that some new functionality of the latest VP version, I haven't been very active here lately)?
Hi Shoop,
It started with me taking POV pics of the mirror on my real FH. Then Cyberpez created the images and the reflected playfield lighting effects which are tied to the actual PF lights. Now how CP created the reflected backwards lights and correctly placed them, I dont even know. ![]()
The mirror looks absolutely real and maybe one day, we can have the reflected ball. On the bulbs for the mirror. My real FH did not have the plastic bulb covers on it when I got it, but I did get it second-hand. I have not been able to determine if the new FH machines back in the day had the plastic covers on the bulbs or not. So I decided to create the bulbs without the covers and allow the bulb elements to glow very much like they do on my real machine. The plastic covers make it look a little too TPA, IMO.
My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia GTX 970
40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.
#178
Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:53 PM
Impressive work, looks great! Also the mods are a great addition!
So many impressive tables last few months, the VP players are lucky these days. Thanks to all that are involved.
Two small things; the reflection on the small board with the 1x red, 4x yellow, 1x green mirror is cool but this makes the text unreadable, maybe a "mat coated" option/mod with "half reflections" or something like that would be usefull.
And reflections on the playfield of items such as the ramps would be cool(as seen in more recent VPX tables).
#179
Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:24 PM
Guss,
Thanks for the complilents. The playfield reflections are simply turned off in favor of stutter free gameplay. They can be turned on or off at will. This is a very large table with lots of mobing parts and will likely require powerfull rigs to run with reflections and be stutter free.
The concern with the difficulties seeing the mirror is the same as on my real cab. Maybe we can look into a white outline for the letters. The reflection looks so life like i would hate to disturb that.
Thanks for the complilents. The playfield reflections are simply turned off in favor of stutter free gameplay. They can be turned on or off at will. This is a very large table with lots of mobing parts and will likely require powerfull rigs to run with reflections and be stutter free.
The concern with the difficulties seeing the mirror is the same as on my real cab. Maybe we can look into a white outline for the letters. The reflection looks so life like i would hate to disturb that.
Edited by wrd1972, 10 December 2016 - 05:25 PM.
My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia GTX 970
40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.



Top



Contributor









are all trademarks of VPFORUMS.