Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#141 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

I'm most definitely a 4:3 table guy and the picture shown doesn't seem that bad at all Unclewilly. smile.gif Am I correct in assuming that the table wont be cut off at the bottom and sides though? Judging by the picture it just seems to be cropped out but will be present in the actual 4:3 version is that correct? Looks awesome BTW.

#142 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:27 PM

Yes I cropped it because I have a bunch of table objects and stuff sitting on the side

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#143 powerchisper

powerchisper

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 243 posts
  • Location:Sevilla

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Dracula

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

Wow dude ! that helmet looks awesome ! and you say this is only a first try ??

I guess you have the helmet picture on the plastics image , or I don't know what , I'm thinking on how to put in the castle and the village of Dracula.

Keep on it , man you decided to recreate one of the best pins ever ( I think it is quite underrated ).
Please correct my English if it is necessary.

Any funny words or sentences you can teach me are welcome too !!!

This way I'll learn about pinball but English as well.

#144 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

I can speak.

Oh.No.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#145 tguittar

tguittar

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Location:St. Joseph Missouri
  • Favorite Pinball: back to the future

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Lookin' good as always. Can't wait for this baby.

#146 TAB

TAB

    Out of order

  • VIP
  • 2,556 posts
  • Location:Berlin/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine



Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Please give me a good sign in my rest life. BoP is great. And you done again a great version smile.gif

YOU LOOKING GOOD

#147 Bluebook

Bluebook

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 163 posts
  • Location:Basildon, Essex England

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: F14 Tomcat

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

BOP is looking spectacular - I can't wait to become a Billionaire Club Member again smile.gif

vpsignaturebluebook_zpsfcce670c.png

Win7 Ult.64bit; Intel i3 3.10Ghz, 8GB RAM, GTX 460, Real Pinball Cab. Programmable RGB Flashers; Rotating Beacons. 


#148 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Looks incredible..Can't wait my man!
I am loving the VP9 editor..so much to learn!
Thanks
Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#149 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

ok i think i'm done with the helmet. The textures haven't been brightness matched yet so it may look a little off, but this is it. i will match brightness on everything when i do the lighting. All that is really left on this one is cosmetics, like spinner, gates, brackets, boob flashers. So the coding on the 2 tables and the lighting will begin very shortly. not sure if i will add the transparent ball shield above the top of the helmet or not, will see how it looks after it's up and running. just figured i'd post a ss of the completed helmet.
Probably won't post another ss until they are coded.

anyway this is it for a little bit, hopefully i won't run into any problems with the coding and i can have these to you guys in a couple more weeks (hopefully 2).

fs:


4:3

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#150 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

Looks very good, the helmet and the whole table.
Posted Image

#151 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

all that's left on pinbot is the fading light system and physics tweeks.
Here is the table with all lights on.

i'll be needing testers in the next week for this one.
Anyone own a pinbot or have lots of experience playing one. Let me know.
As soon as the fading light system is in i'd like to have people test this one while i'm coding BOP


4:3 no backdrop yet

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#152 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:02 PM

I haven't played a real PIN-BOT in recent years, but I played it everyday during lunch break at the Uxbridge bowling alley back in '86-'87 if I was at school... I can test it, if you think I can remember back that far! biggrin.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#153 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (kruge99 @ Sep 8 2010, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I haven't played a real PIN-BOT in recent years, but I played it everyday during lunch break at the Uxbridge bowling alley back in '86-'87 if I was at school... I can test it, if you think I can remember back that far! biggrin.gif


Best Regards,
Todd.


you play 4:3 or fs. I'm hoping to have the lights done by monday, i'll send you the appropriate view to test

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#154 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

I would like to volunteer. I have spent a pretty good amount of time with BoP, and Pinbot as well. I play FS.

Edited by TheKeef, 08 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.


Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#155 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Looks perfect dark with very nice lights,
very good work unclewilly.
Posted Image

#156 vic viper

vic viper

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 516 posts
  • Location:Planet Gradius

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Xenon, Firepower, Elvis, Gradius (original), Zarza

Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

This is just outstanding UW.

I just had to show off these WIP pics to some of my coworkers at work today.

All of them were impressed by your work and were like that guy sure does have alot of talent, he needs to be working for Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft or some 3rd party video game company designing or programming games.

Defeintly can't wait to play it UW

Edited by vic viper, 09 September 2010 - 02:34 AM.

SHOOT THE CORE

#157 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 09 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

looking beautiful!!!
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#158 faralos

faralos

    VPF Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts
  • Location:Eastern Pa,USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Flash (Williams) 1979, Flash2 Updated




  • Trophies:

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:35 AM

all these newer pins with the fading lights i can't play as my graphics can't keep up. the ball flashes, and at times disappears altogether! Is there any way to disable this function? the VP9 Indy Jones is also unplayable on my computer too due to the same reason. I hate to not be able to play all these cool pins due to my intel integrated graphics not being able to render fading lights.
"Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.
And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.”
----Steve Jobs


#159 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:45 AM

Hey farlos, do you have a pci express slot on your motherboard?
What are your system specs?

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#160 strangeleo72

strangeleo72

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 372 posts

  • Flag: Argentina

  • Favorite Pinball: VIRTUAL PINBALL



Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:19 AM

WOOOOOW SCOTT!!!

you suprise me a lot!!

I was one of NON NIGHT VERSION but this Pinbot really overwhelmed heheheh!!

Please I wish I had the honor to test it if you want!

Thanks!!!

PD: JP, Lord Hiryu, Melon, Noah/Uncklereamus and You today are MY TOP FIVE!!!!

Edited by strangeleo72, 09 September 2010 - 04:20 AM.

Strangeleo Pinball Entusiast and Photographer!!!

Posted Image
(thanks Grizz for the DMD)