Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Medieval Madness VP10 WIP


  • Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#121 sliderpoint

sliderpoint

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Location:Spokane, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Metallica

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:24 PM

The lower right tower still does not shake when destroying the castle.

The real one does not.

 

-Mike



#122 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

almost like the original: PAPA Video

 

Clark, look at the video I posted and compare.



#123 STAT

STAT

    Pinball and Arcade Freak

  • VIP
  • 4,985 posts
  • Location:Wels - Austria

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

about the FPS, i have different with trying other directb2s Files ...



#124 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:27 PM

I really enjoy the game, you've done it great justice

 

I hit the ball up the right ramp a bit slowly and it got to the point where it crossed back over and it seemed to get hung on the gate below it, gatexx1 on ramp87, nudging it knocked it free eventually

 

The only gameplay addition I'd recommend is adding the 1 way gate to the loop

 

n8hfcun.png

 

OWBlo8w.png



#125 darquayle

darquayle

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 200 posts
  • Location:St. Louis, Missouri

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, Medieval Madness

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

WOW!  I am truly amazed at the visual impact of this update.  The castle animation is outstanding.  Great gameplay and excellent lighting.  THANKS Dozer!



#126 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:32 AM

I really enjoy the game, you've done it great justice

 

I hit the ball up the right ramp a bit slowly and it got to the point where it crossed back over and it seemed to get hung on the gate below it, gatexx1 on ramp87, nudging it knocked it free eventually

 

The only gameplay addition I'd recommend is adding the 1 way gate to the loop

 

n8hfcun.png

 

OWBlo8w.png

 

Thanks Fren, I'll check out that ramp gate issue.  What's the deal with that little gate there? - I added one to the table but cannot work out what it's meant to do.



#127 gtxjoe

gtxjoe

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,157 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness, AbraCadabra



Contributor

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:34 AM

I would think it should guide the ball to right flipper more consistently.



#128 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

I don't know what it does, gtxjoe is probably right he always is, but all the real machines I've played have it and it's noticeably absent in VP, it slows the ball down a bit nearly every time (in fact, maybe increasing the elasticity of the loop wall to .2 or something may help too) but it's just a suggestion. It's not common on tables and those who only play the VP version of MM may think it's ridiculous 



#129 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

I would think it should guide the ball to right flipper more consistently.

 

Oh I see  - interesting. Alright I've put it in and will do a bit of testing.

 

Also, what's the general consensus on the castle with a metal material applied? - Too Shiny?  - It can be tuned I guess to give the highlights without as much shine.

 

d75788c86ac72519b1b45b87ce636ed2.jpg



#130 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

I don't know what it does, gtxjoe is probably right he always is, but all the real machines I've played have it and it's noticeably absent in VP, it slows the ball down a bit nearly every time (in fact, maybe increasing the elasticity of the loop wall to .2 or something may help too) but it's just a suggestion. It's not common on tables and those who only play the VP version of MM may think it's ridiculous 

 

Yeah it makes a big difference when it's in there.   Do you know whether the other side has one too? - I cannot find any good pictures of that left side area which show it in detail.



#131 freneticamnesic

freneticamnesic

    A Faint Ghost Through the Raindrops

  • VIP
  • 3,370 posts
  • Location:Portland, OR

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek, Black Hole, AFM, Fast Draw, Tron, AMH

  • 360 Gamer Tag: sixgunsounddd

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:25 AM

I don't know what it does, gtxjoe is probably right he always is, but all the real machines I've played have it and it's noticeably absent in VP, it slows the ball down a bit nearly every time (in fact, maybe increasing the elasticity of the loop wall to .2 or something may help too) but it's just a suggestion. It's not common on tables and those who only play the VP version of MM may think it's ridiculous 

 
Yeah it makes a big difference when it's in there.   Do you know whether the other side has one too? - I cannot find any good pictures of that left side area which show it in detail.
Just the right side I think. It's been a few months since I played one

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

#132 darkangel359

darkangel359

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, STTNG, Medieval Madness, TOTAN, Star Trek (Stern)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:24 AM

Dozer, this is the best image I could find.  Not sure if it will help out or not.

 

http://s19.postimg.o...ield_hi_Res.jpg

 

MM_playfield_hi_Res.jpg

Also found this while searching, thought this was pretty cool also.  

 

green_arch_mod_2.jpg


Edited by darkangel359, 13 November 2015 - 02:23 AM.


#133 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

Dozer, this is the best image I could find.  Not sure if it will help out or not.

 

http://s19.postimg.o...ield_hi_Res.jpg

 

MM_playfield_hi_Res.jpg

Also found this while searching, thought this was pretty cool also.  

 

green_arch_mod_2.jpg

Thanks man, I took a look at the PAPA MM video as well and it looks like it's only on the right side and I've got a pretty good idea now of how it interacts with the ball - it's quite a major part really.  I'll put an option in the script to have it active or not for people who want the original (VP) gameplay.



#134 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:58 AM

I vote for no shinny castle :)



#135 TNT2

TNT2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Depends on the day

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

Still blown away at how incredible this table looks. 



#136 darkangel359

darkangel359

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, STTNG, Medieval Madness, TOTAN, Star Trek (Stern)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:52 AM

 

Dozer, this is the best image I could find.  Not sure if it will help out or not.

 

http://s19.postimg.o...ield_hi_Res.jpg

 

MM_playfield_hi_Res.jpg

Also found this while searching, thought this was pretty cool also.  

 

green_arch_mod_2.jpg

Thanks man, I took a look at the PAPA MM video as well and it looks like it's only on the right side and I've got a pretty good idea now of how it interacts with the ball - it's quite a major part really.  I'll put an option in the script to have it active or not for people who want the original (VP) gameplay.

 

Hey, one more "little" thing I noticed was whenever you start a new ball the "shoot again" light isn't on, even though it is working.  Is there a timer for this?



#137 Dozer316

Dozer316

    Dozer

  • VIP
  • 669 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

 

 

Dozer, this is the best image I could find.  Not sure if it will help out or not.

 

http://s19.postimg.o...ield_hi_Res.jpg

 

MM_playfield_hi_Res.jpg

Also found this while searching, thought this was pretty cool also.  

 

green_arch_mod_2.jpg

Thanks man, I took a look at the PAPA MM video as well and it looks like it's only on the right side and I've got a pretty good idea now of how it interacts with the ball - it's quite a major part really.  I'll put an option in the script to have it active or not for people who want the original (VP) gameplay.

 

Hey, one more "little" thing I noticed was whenever you start a new ball the "shoot again" light isn't on, even though it is working.  Is there a timer for this?

 

Magic Shield flashes in preference to shoot again.



#138 darkangel359

darkangel359

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Location:Louisiana, USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire, STTNG, Medieval Madness, TOTAN, Star Trek (Stern)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:31 AM

Thank you much sir.



#139 robertms

robertms

    Control Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Location:Chicago, IL

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Steve Ritchie designs

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:46 AM

I would think it should guide the ball to right flipper more consistently.

 
Oh I see  - interesting. Alright I've put it in and will do a bit of testing.
 
Also, what's the general consensus on the castle with a metal material applied? - Too Shiny?  - It can be tuned I guess to give the highlights without as much shine.
 
d75788c86ac72519b1b45b87ce636ed2.jpg
If you could tone it down a bit it would be a nice improvement over the original texture.

Behold Godzilla! Check out my monster pincab project here: http://www.vpforums....topic=32236&hl=


#140 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:57 AM

The lighting is perfect, imo.