Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Bodydump's WIP Thread

No Good Gofers Bugs Bunny Nascar Title Fight bodydump

  • Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#121 blashyrk

blashyrk

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Location:Norway

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, White Water

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Blashyrk

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

I have just watched some videos of the real table, and I just love the gofers messing with you.. Hehe

#122 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

Haha...but so true! :D



#123 htamas

htamas

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,231 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: Hungary

  • Favorite Pinball: cannot pick just one, and they change anyway



Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

I guess we will see a LW Night Mod on BB aswell! :D

 

Seriously... is that not dark enough for you already? :)



#124 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

It is...but LW do some fantastic light shows on all tabeles he put his hands on! :)

#125 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:58 PM

 

I guess we will see a LW Night Mod on BB aswell! :D

 

Seriously... is that not dark enough for you already? :)

 

 

I agree, I think the current is a good balance, the table in real life is usually pretty bright due to the white play field.



#126 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

Well....It was just something i guessed what would/will happend, not what I asked for! :)
As BB is now, it is very well balanced! :)


Edited by zany, 05 September 2014 - 10:28 AM.


#127 ReDEy3

ReDEy3

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:42 PM

How soon can we get our hands on BB?  It looks so dang good I want to play it :)



#128 LoadedWeapon

LoadedWeapon

    The Night Owl..

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,572 posts
  • Location:South Carolina USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek TNG



Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

its ok Zany thanks for the comment... I wouldent put a mod on a brand new table anyway.. Well maybe for myself :)

It does look great tho  :love39:



#129 gigalula

gigalula

    Hummmm not sure yet :)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:13 AM

I confirm the table look is really amazing :tup:



#130 thewool

thewool

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,068 posts
  • Location:North Yorkshire, UK

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: WOZ



Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

"G-g-g-g-g-g-g....great work Doc!"  :good:



#131 zany

zany

    3D Beer Drinker

  • VIP
  • 1,644 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness



Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

ReDEy3...pretty soon i guess....i have one more plastic part to do, and maybe the bumpers aswell.



#132 jkimbrell

jkimbrell

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Trek NG, Indiana Jones, South Park

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

I've never played either the Bugs table or NGG in real life or virtual so I'm extra excited about both of these.  They both look fun :) 



#133 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

OK a quick status update:

 

Bugs Bunny - waiting for the last (PITA) plastic from zany and then physics

 

No Good Gofers - got the slam ramp animated nicely, getting very frustrated scripting the gofer animations

 

Nascar - started to build

 

nascar2.jpg



#134 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Last I'd heard zany is having some PC issues and may be MIA for a bit as he recovers.

 

What exactly is giving you difficulty with the gofers?  Shouldn't you just have to animate z height value up and down?  If you need the pivot points moved on them I could help with that.  



#135 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:44 PM

I have it working with them going up and down.  But when the gofers are up and they talk, they raise and lower just a little amount.  You can see it in the video you sent me, Dark.  The problem is in VP it's just the solenoid either enabled (up) or not enabled (down).  In the real game when it enables and disables quickly they go down and up a tiny amount.  In VP they go all the way down and up.  I'm sure it can be done with better scripting but that far exceeds my abilities (like most things in VP).  I'm going to see if Uncle Willy has some ideas and can help.  But I'm like a little kid when I get frustrated.  I scream, throw something and then move on to something different.  Hence the progress on Nascar :)



#136 dark

dark

    3D model-man

  • VIP
  • 1,936 posts
  • Location:Toronto

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Star Wars, AbraCadaBra,MB, LAH,JPark...too many to choose!

Contributor

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

hmmm yes I see, well UW knows if he needs anything done primitive wise he can always ask me so I'm sure a solution will be found one way or another.

 

I'm wondering if it can be faked by having different states of the jaws open and toggle between them with visibility and timers, that's what he did to get the T-rex working on our JPark update since the issue with that was, the Trex needs to swivel from side to side (one pivot point) and then also bend over (another pivot point) and the jaw needs to go up and down on a axis relative to the jaw (another pivot).



#137 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hey tom. It will take some timing. But can you just have the solenoids turn a timer on and off. Say an up timer which animates the golfer up. And a down timer which animates him down. Each timer would just increase or decrease the z value rather then perform the full up or down an imation.
That way the quick up and down solenoid pulses would move them up and down a little bit, and a full solenoid pulse would animate it the hole way.
You would have to time it out. On the full pulse and adjust the interval so the full up and full down happen but it should make the up and down movement.

Does the up solenoid stay on the whole time the gopher is up?

Because my other thought was if the gopher is in the up position make a variable for gopherup.
Then when the up solenoid is pulsed while the gopher is already up just trigger a small up down animation timer

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#138 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 17 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Cool.  Thanks for the ideas.  I'll play with them and see what I can come up with.



#139 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks again UW.  Looks like your option 2 for the win.  The solenoid fires to bring the gofer up and then goes off.  It then pulses the up solenoid to create the "talking" motion.  I used a variable to flag it as up and then if it fired while up it does the extra animation.  Here's a quick video with the gofer animation.  I got lucky and hit a hole in one at the beginning.  Now I just need to clean up the animations a bit.

 



#140 Xirmaze

Xirmaze

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Bugs Bunny, Firepower, Attack from Mars

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:13 AM

Yeeahh i want to get Bugs bunny 😊 love this Table





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: No Good Gofers, Bugs Bunny, Nascar, Title Fight, bodydump