Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

PinUp Player = Troubleshooting Thread/Guide


  • Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#101 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

For blocking dlls/exes...

 

I haven't done this...but I just may on my vpin:   https://winaero.com/...-in-windows-10/

 

I use 7ZIP so I wonder if that 'stops' the dlls/exes from being flagged and blocked?


Edited by NailBuster, 06 December 2017 - 06:52 PM.


#102 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I have two events set. One for Ball drain in center and one for ball drain on right hand side of a table. The center drain works perfectly however the RHS play the start of one video and is interrupted by a second video which plays in its entirety. Both events are setup from the same folder with identical PUP configs. Any ideas what could be causing this? 



#103 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

by design....videos will interrupt each other unless the video has a lower priority than the one currently playing....



#104 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

Thanks. I did recall that from the video and readme as well but I hadn't implemented it. I think what surprised me most is that one switch is triggering more than one event. I'm sure it's the table. Also the table seems to trigger multiple events at startup. I'll map out a video priority so that the first video played makes sense. 

 

Also never developed a table so this is just a shot in the dark could invisible switches be mapped on the table to work with PUP? Kind of like a new PUP layer.... 



#105 TerryRed

TerryRed

    Pinball Wizard

  • Silver Supporter
  • 2,002 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Too many to choose...

Contributor

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:35 PM

Thanks. I did recall that from the video and readme as well but I hadn't implemented it. I think what surprised me most is that one switch is triggering more than one event. I'm sure it's the table. Also the table seems to trigger multiple events at startup. I'll map out a video priority so that the first video played makes sense. 

 

Also never developed a table so this is just a shot in the dark could invisible switches be mapped on the table to work with PUP? Kind of like a new PUP layer.... 

 

Yes...that's exactly what I did for the Quorra Spinner.  The spinner relied on a timer and was a pain to use constantly, so I created a Quorra "trigger" (set to not-rendered,etc) and used it only for Quorra PuP.



#106 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

however,  it's currently one-way or the other...  meaning,  if you are modifying the table with triggers and such you cannot have the pupb2s link active as well...

 

so If you're comfortable modifying the table, then you must stick with using the script interface.....which is better if you know what you are doing :)



#107 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Ok hear me out so I can get this right in my head.... so what you are saying is that the act of creating a new switch is modifying the script and PUP can only use Script OR Backglass to feed events. Correct?

If the above is true why can't the script me modified with duplicate but invisible switches that are named the same in order to trigger the same in table backglass events which could then be used by the PUP Backglass as opposed to modifying the script? 


If you are scratching your head at my question I understand it may seem to be redundant logic... here is why I ask I'm having trouble getting access to all of the switches of a particular table... some re grouped and do not display etc... Also I guess its a moot point since I can't get any table script to show up on my laptop (only in my cabinet) its a major pain I don't know why my laptop will not display the script screen in VPX. I used to program a LOOONG time ago... I should probably just fix my laptop VPX so I can take the script edit route. 


Edited by SPAMP, 06 December 2017 - 08:57 PM.


#108 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

oh...just thought about something......but someone else will have to chime in, as I'm never done it....

 

in table script we can send b2s an 'event' that will get passed to pupb2s link....it should be that simple so you could do most of your work in pupb2s and then have some small exceptions in table script call b2s and pass 'some event' to pupb2s



#109 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

That's what  I was driving at... stated much more logically by you than me. Sorry I have no real knowledge of the data elements we are working with. I am still at 20K feet but parachuting in slowly ;-) 


Edited by SPAMP, 06 December 2017 - 09:08 PM.


#110 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:47 PM

That's what  I was driving at... stated much more logically by you than me. Sorry I have no real knowledge of the data elements we are working with. I am still at 20K feet but parachuting in slowly ;-) 

so I peeked into controller.vbs....and yup, its really simple:  Just use this in the script if using Pupb2s link:  (not the keycode stuff thats just to key 'Y','U'

 

if keycode = 21 Then DOF 500,1
if keycode = 22 Then DOF 501,1
 
in pupb2s you use this for trigger   "E500=1"   or "E501=1"  is the example above.
 
eeeeasy....peeeasy....I don't think that should affect DOF at all?....  

Edited by NailBuster, 06 December 2017 - 10:09 PM.


#111 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:14 PM

Logic question with pupb2s only... I have a table which starting event triggers multiple drains one at a time. I want an intro video to play only once and I do not want any of the drain files to play at table start. After table start I want the drains to function but I do not want the intro video to ever play again.   

 

I see there is a counter... but is there a play only once ever feature I am missing? 

 

In other words how to get a video to play only once but then later during play/drain use that same switch to trigger other videos but never the initial welcome video.  Brain is fried today!! 


Edited by SPAMP, 06 December 2017 - 10:16 PM.


#112 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Logic question with pupb2s only... I have a table which starting event triggers multiple drains one at a time. I want an intro video to play only once and I do not want any of the drain files to play at table start. After table start I want the drains to function but I do not want the intro video to ever play again.   

 

I see there is a counter... but is there a play only once ever feature I am missing? 

 

In other words how to get a video to play only once but then later during play/drain use that same switch to trigger other videos but never the initial welcome video.  Brain is fried today!! 

 

pupb2s link is for simple things.... hit "this" play "that".....that's all it can get from the ROM events.

 

you need to get to script level when you want to do 'special' things....or try really hard and figure out which switches/lights.  Like maybe there's an LED that is on/off once you start a game?  and only play if its on/off?

 

or do a DOF 503,1 call in script to assist when table is started....


Edited by NailBuster, 06 December 2017 - 10:21 PM.


#113 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

hmmm guess I could set it to the lowest priority of the set of files but put a counter on every other file which is at a higher priority except the intro.... ???  I will try but I did't seem to get the counter feature working for me earlier the way I wanted. I  was behaving like I thought it would. 


Do counters reset per ball or per game?


Edited by SPAMP, 06 December 2017 - 10:22 PM.


#114 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

oops...needed some small fixes for pupb2s config stuffs.  This should fix the loop and counters on PuPB2S link.  

 

if you are on build 98b.  then you can get it here:  www.nailbuster.com/nailcode/PinUpDisplay_patch_99b.zip

 

note:  this has nothing to do with the Terry's PUP Tron Table :)     This should be updated for people designing their PUPB2S files.


Edited by NailBuster, 06 December 2017 - 11:08 PM.


#115 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

permissions will not allow me to unzip to the PUP folder as the file already exists. What should be the preferred method, I'm not 100% sure what I am running here.... an executable patch or replacing the executable file with the 99b one. ~Thanks 


Edited by SPAMP, 06 December 2017 - 11:15 PM.


#116 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

I deleted the existing PinUpDisplay.exe file and unpacked the 99b in its place. Still having issues with counters. 



#117 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

if you bring up pinupdisplay.exe...does it say 0.99b?



#118 SPAMP

SPAMP

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

no still 98b when run



#119 NailBuster

NailBuster

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: YES

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

you need to overwrite the exe.... it needs to say 99b.  PM here so that this thread doesn't go off track too much...



#120 fwiler

fwiler

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Location:Vancouver

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 24 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Here are few user check points when doing the install:

 

 

  • This is the line item i changed in the dmddevice.ini to get the dmd off my tables.

 

7408f3515a5b3f047076c48dfa9bc6ac2e4a4536

 

 

 

 

Can you please explain why you did this, and what your screen setup is.  Otherwise this doesn't make sense.

 

The other thing is, it's easier to unblock the entire downloaded zip folder before you unzip it.  That way you don't have to look for different files to unblock as they all will be.