Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#81 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (wonderpuddle @ Jul 29 2010, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (unclewilly @ Jul 28 2010, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i played it quite a few times so i have a pretty good idea of how it should play. The problem was i kept going back to that pinball magic. what a great game


These two machines look awesome. I can't wait to play them.

And you are right, Pinball Magic is fantastic. I can't wait to see your take on that game. And let me know when you do start that project, as I will do whatever I can to get you pictures from my Pinball Magic for that project.


I will definately be needing some pics from you. I may get body dump in contact with you as he is redrawing the pf and all the plastics for me. I'll definately need some pics of the wand, and maybe some refrence shots of the table for building it so i can place the proper pegs and what not on the table. and a nice top down bumper cap shot, wait, back to the project at hand.

Started on the ss and heart ramp. This heart ramp is a real pain to get right. Should be done soon. The ss may be a pain as well

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#82 destruk

destruk

    VPF Veteran

  • VPF Staff
  • 6,338 posts
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!



Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

(Pinball Magic) I have some source material for this game if you need it - the script should be fine for VP9 in the existing table too.

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.


#83 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (destruk @ Jul 29 2010, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Pinball Magic) I have some source material for this game if you need it - the script should be fine for VP9 in the existing table too.


that would be awesome Brian. I only have the few pics I got at cax. but the light was bad and the glass is on. I'll have to check the vp8 version to see how you did the loop ramp. not sure how I'm gonna do that yet

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#84 rdeejay

rdeejay

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Location:New Zealand

  • Flag: New Zealand

  • Favorite Pinball: Fun House

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

always hated the heart ramp! damn drain shot if you didn't get it right

#85 Anton

Anton

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: simpsons pinball party, circus voltaire, Medieval madness, Attack from mars, Twilight Zone.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:02 PM

which is 99.9 percent of the time!!! they should not have included CR!!!½

#86 Anton

Anton

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: simpsons pinball party, circus voltaire, Medieval madness, Attack from mars, Twilight Zone.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Anton @ Jul 29 2010, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which is 99.9 percent of the time!!! they should not have included CR!!!½

i do not understand all the hypen going around about this!! the older pinbot and newer jackbot
are better and less stressfull !!! pinbot does not have a happy marriage!!

#87 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Dude a billion points, all I am saying. BoP is the best of the 3. I am biased, but it is. Bringing a real BoP table to life is just awesome.

QUOTE (rdeejay @ Jul 29 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
always hated the heart ramp! damn drain shot if you didn't get it right


Dude, just nudge the table while the ball is still high on the playfield to give it more time to roll away from the drain. biggrin.gif.

Edited by TheKeef, 29 July 2010 - 06:25 PM.


Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#88 Rawd

Rawd

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 4,313 posts
  • Location:Edmonton, Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Triple Strike



Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (TheKeef @ Jul 29 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude, just nudge the table while the ball is still high on the playfield to give it more time to roll away from the drain. biggrin.gif.



This is the number one mistake that I see people making when playing on my cabinet. In pinball, you really need to foresee the physics before they happen and react before a problem occurs.


 


#89 powerchisper

powerchisper

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 243 posts
  • Location:Sevilla

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Dracula

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:42 PM

Can't wait to see those tables finished , as BOP is one of my favourites ( and my wife's too ).
I have a strong memory of that machine because the day my father busted me smoking I went out and spent the whole evening with a brand new one.

Thanks to all the guys who make this possible , you are geniuses.
Please correct my English if it is necessary.

Any funny words or sentences you can teach me are welcome too !!!

This way I'll learn about pinball but English as well.

#90 Reinier

Reinier

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Favorite Pinball: medieval madness

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

Hi Unclewilly! I know you and your team are great at lightning and flashers; The Machine:Bride of Pinbot has some wonderful light effects, especially when she comes alive, the playfield is dark and you hear and see her heartbeat ticking, such an exciting moment! Just a tip from an experienced player: Make the playfield look a little bit dark so we can all enjoy the wonderful lightnings of this thrilling table...:-)

#91 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Reinier @ Jul 30 2010, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Unclewilly! I know you and your team are great at lightning and flashers; The Machine:Bride of Pinbot has some wonderful light effects, especially when she comes alive, the playfield is dark and you hear and see her heartbeat ticking, such an exciting moment! Just a tip from an experienced player: Make the playfield look a little bit dark so we can all enjoy the wonderful lightnings of this thrilling table...:-)



I'm sure you've seen some of my tables. I love them dark, darker than most people like. it reminds me of the bar in which i actually get to play some real tables. trust me, this one will be nice and dark. I have a new found love for flasher effects. brings so much realism to a table.

I will release a texture pack though with brighter images for those who are afraid of the dark biggrin.gif

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#92 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

had some time between jobs today.
the heart ramp is done for the most part, I think it looks all right


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#93 powerchisper

powerchisper

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 243 posts
  • Location:Sevilla

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Dracula

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Looks awesome !!!

It wolud be for me a pleasure to test it , I have played a lot in the real machine.
When you get the helmet and the rocket ramp it will be gorgeous.
I am hitting my head against the wall , its a shame that I'm so bad at VP.

I have tried to start a brand new Dracula and don't even know where to start.

My wife also says PinBot is gonna be cool too.

Good job friend.

Please correct my English if it is necessary.

Any funny words or sentences you can teach me are welcome too !!!

This way I'll learn about pinball but English as well.

#94 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

Almost a week goes by and there's no update?!? We're starving pinball serfs, waiting for news!! wink.gif Hope all is going well and I just want to say, I can't wait to "Meet the Parents".


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#95 akiles50000

akiles50000

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,102 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Ali

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Powerchisper here you are a good tutorial for that start the table of Dracula.

http://www.retrovici...read.php?t=7307

Cheers

#96 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

i'm getting killed at work this week and next week, it's restaurant week in baltimore and both my jobs are crazy busy. I haven't had much time to put in, and i'm also working on the lighting for rawds triple strike as well.
I did manage to get the shuttle ramp done next on to the mini pf, then the helmet and cosmetic stuff


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#97 speed24

speed24

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:Pa.

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fast Draw, Rapid Vienna

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:41 PM

Hey UW , Mrs. Pinbot needs her left brest realigned . Your pin looks great . Can't wait to play them .

Edited by speed24, 06 August 2010 - 07:42 PM.


#98 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:42 PM

that is no excuse my friend!
LOL
Dark Silverball!
Take your time brother..so many more waiting for yah anyway!
Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#99 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

Looks amazing UW! Take your time of course!


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#100 rudy111

rudy111

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Fitchburg Massachusetts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: undecided

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

looks pretty good!
cant wait, keep up the good work the pinbot series has always been my favorite cool.gif
"Thats okay there are no stupid questions......................just stupid people"