Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

The Addams Family WIP


  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#81 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:14 PM

Melon, any updates?

#82 melon

melon

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 326 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family



Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Well, I can say the table is almost there:



I added the backglass display, and been fixing al the bugs that the betatesters noticed.
All I have to do is work on the flashers. I have a doubt here. I'm making them with walls and fading then in 4 steps. 4 for the flasher itself, 4 for the floor and another 4 for the cabinet reflecion. The idea is using reels to achieve a good effect. Ie, a quick Gimp filter, the final one should be better, it's just to get the idea:



The effect is better, but the table becomes not angle independent. Of course I'll release both normal and FS versions. Mmmm, I still have to think about it...


cycloneMini2.png TafMini2.png FishTalesMini2.png spaceShuttleMini2.png bk2kmini.png GetawayMini.png


#83 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (melon @ Apr 27 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can say the table is almost there:



I added the backglass display, and been fixing al the bugs that the betatesters noticed.
All I have to do is work on the flashers. I have a doubt here. I'm making them with walls and fading then in 4 steps. 4 for the flasher itself, 4 for the floor and another 4 for the cabinet reflecion. The idea is using reels to achieve a good effect. Ie, a quick Gimp filter, the final one should be better, it's just to get the idea:



The effect is better, but the table becomes not angle independent. Of course I'll release both normal and FS versions. Mmmm, I still have to think about it...



Well dont think about it too long. smile.gif

JK

awsome work

#84 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE (melon @ Apr 27 2010, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can say the table is almost there:



I added the backglass display, and been fixing al the bugs that the betatesters noticed.
All I have to do is work on the flashers. I have a doubt here. I'm making them with walls and fading then in 4 steps. 4 for the flasher itself, 4 for the floor and another 4 for the cabinet reflecion. The idea is using reels to achieve a good effect. Ie, a quick Gimp filter, the final one should be better, it's just to get the idea:



The effect is better, but the table becomes not angle independent. Of course I'll release both normal and FS versions. Mmmm, I still have to think about it...


I was having the same delima, but i went for the walls instead in the mb table. I didn't do the pf reflection in 4 steps though, too many large textures. I just wrote an adjusted fade call in the fading light system to have the walls raise at the right time.

Looks outstanding, can't wait to try it out

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#85 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:37 AM

Can't wait 'till it's ready. This is one of my absolute favorites and your version's lookin' awesome!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#86 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:17 AM

Thanks for the new WIP picture and information about your amazing project. Wow, your table looks absolute sharp.

Edited by bolt, 28 April 2010 - 05:18 AM.

Posted Image

#87 rehab

rehab

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Location:Amsterdam

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse,AFM,MM

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:14 AM

Awesome, can't wait!

Thanks Melon

#88 slam23

slam23

    Pinhead extraordinaire

  • Charter Member
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Somewhere behind VP8 or 9!

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

Still looking good! Looking forward to release,
Slam23

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#89 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:38 PM

I'm definitely liking the effects on that second pic. Looks awesome, hope you go with that one. smile.gif

#90 melon

melon

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 326 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family



Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

Well, I can say the table is finished.



I added a new backdrop image (thx Leo)
I deciced to go with no reels, all the flasher effects are made using walls, so the table keeps angle independent.
I only have to adjust the flippers a bit (I spent 3 hours yesterday playing the real one) and I'll release it tomorrow. The FS version will have to wait, as the thing animation needs to be redone.
Hope you like it smile.gif

cycloneMini2.png TafMini2.png FishTalesMini2.png spaceShuttleMini2.png bk2kmini.png GetawayMini.png


#91 rehab

rehab

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Location:Amsterdam

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: funhouse,AFM,MM

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Great news Melon!!! Only one more day woooohoooo!

I liked the other backdrop more to be honest...

#92 Mr. Pacman

Mr. Pacman

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

  • Flag: Greece

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (melon @ Apr 30 2010, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I can say the table is finished.



I added a new backdrop image (thx Leo)
I deciced to go with no reels, all the flasher effects are made using walls, so the table keeps angle independent.
I only have to adjust the flippers a bit (I spent 3 hours yesterday playing the real one) and I'll release it tomorrow. The FS version will have to wait, as the thing animation needs to be redone.
Hope you like it smile.gif


Really Great news!!! Don't rush with the flipper settings and general physics..this is the most tricky part IMO. The graphics are unbelievably good! Well Done!

#93 The Trout

The Trout

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Who Dunnit

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Sweet! Of course, I may end up being terribly impatient and just rotate it myself for FS. Hooray for angle independence! Crappy perspective on the Thing animation will be good enough for now. wink.gif
Mary Elizabeth's Sock
It's About A Girl. And Crime. But Mostly About A Girl.

#94 Debbus

Debbus

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Location:Gelderland, Nijkerk

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: fish tales

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:02 PM

Great works! Thanx for the table!

Dennis

#95 rossicomputers

rossicomputers

    Gustavo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Boston MA USA

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Great news Melon....

Only thing i notice are the flashers pics... looks like blur....for me... Myself....

JPS have all those HD flashers pics, if you want use them....

I think i have better resolution HD backglass....


Anyone can download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NQ5WPUD8

Amazing job

Gustavo Rossi



#96 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 30 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

That the best news today, thanks for this info.


There will be an option to use the uncle fester figure on the chair?

Edited by bolt, 30 April 2010 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#97 deadsoulz

deadsoulz

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 175 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Creature from the Black Lagoon

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:21 PM

Yeah don't delay the FS to long, I don't care with a 1.0 beta, I am really anxious to play this thing on my FS setup. Thank you so much for all your hard work....obviously I will wait forever if I have to, just if it is already angle independent wink.gif



#98 blekcrni

blekcrni

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

  • Flag: Croatia

  • Favorite Pinball: Totem

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

Just wanned to say a big THANK YOU to melon, you did a great job mate.
TAF and FT are my favorite tables... you nailed TAF, and looks like you're
gonna nail FT too.. can't wait... you're da man!

Edited by blekcrni, 01 May 2010 - 08:31 PM.


#99 bent98

bent98

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
  • Location:NY

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Roadshow, Haunted House, Safe Cracker

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

Any news on FS melon?

#100 melon

melon

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 326 posts
  • Location:Spain

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family



Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (bent98 @ May 11 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any news on FS melon?




Yeah, that is my first game in my mini virtual pinball (still under construction, but I couldn't resist to test my TAF in FS), I LOVE playing tables this way, it's awesome!

cycloneMini2.png TafMini2.png FishTalesMini2.png spaceShuttleMini2.png bk2kmini.png GetawayMini.png