Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Hanz FSS ( Full Single Screen ) VPX LED Re-Creations

FSS hanzoverfist Full Single Screen LED MOD MOD VPX

  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#81 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

Six of the eight releases are up on top of thread, exe is the same, Bugs and DrD will incur delays, working with wrd1972 on dealing with them, but I added the VPX table 'vector'. A special note on The Adams Family table, in multiball lag occurs, EDIT: BUT the quick intervention by sliderpoint allowed me to transpose all my MOD into TAF v1.4.1 , I will post when the new version is up very shortly.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 26 March 2017 - 03:03 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#82 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

The new version of The Addams Family is up with a new link...


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#83 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Any chance you'd take a stab at High Speed with an animated cop beacon on top of the back box? :-)


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#84 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 26 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

EDIT:

 

oh since its your birthday why not.. high speed with a beacon (that would be very cool actually) ...... and monster bash... any other recommendations anyone????


Edited by hanzoverfist, 26 March 2017 - 07:09 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#85 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

EDIT:

 

oh since its your birthday why not.. high speed with a beacon (that would be very cool actually) ...... and monster bash... any other recommendations anyone????

 

If not no worries!!  Some of the old Bally's would look nice along side Xenon & Mata Hari, like Paragon, Viking, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Embryon... and Future Spa hasn't seen any VPX love yet...


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#86 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

by the way I was being facetious because I know that nobody has the time to do all that... ;-)


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#87 softfish

softfish

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: spider man

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

I really like the lighting and the reflections. The backglasses also look great. 

I do think that the backglass takes up too much of the actual play field.

Looks very nice, but much less fun to play imo. Just my 2 cents.



#88 32assassin

32assassin

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 853 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:11 PM

 

EDIT:

 

oh since its your birthday why not.. high speed with a beacon (that would be very cool actually) ...... and monster bash... any other recommendations anyone????

 

If not no worries!!  Some of the old Bally's would look nice along side Xenon & Mata Hari, like Paragon, Viking, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Embryon... and Future Spa hasn't seen any VPX love yet...

 

 

we could of had Future Spa months ago if we only had better plastic resources

 

Attached File  fpwip.PNG   1.25MB   4 downloads


My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#89 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

 

 

EDIT:

 

oh since its your birthday why not.. high speed with a beacon (that would be very cool actually) ...... and monster bash... any other recommendations anyone????

 

If not no worries!!  Some of the old Bally's would look nice along side Xenon & Mata Hari, like Paragon, Viking, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Embryon... and Future Spa hasn't seen any VPX love yet...

 

 

we could of had Future Spa months ago if we only had better plastic resources

 

attachicon.giffpwip.PNG

 

 

If someone has decent resources, maybe i could redraw these in AI??


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#90 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

happy B-Day Kruge here is what high speed will look like with the popo LED lights, remember this is my FSS LED MOD thread.. so LED this and that and everything!!!! .. can't wait to get them flashing , I just tried this idea and it worked out really well.

 

EDIT: major LOL.. the LED police lights are strong enough to make my office walls flicker... what a great idea that was...

 

Attached File  high speed Clipboard-1.png   1006.9KB   5 downloads


Edited by hanzoverfist, 27 March 2017 - 02:30 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#91 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

@softfish I think all solutions have theri own weaknesses, but I think a need exists for complete versions of tables and this is one aspect of this FSS approach can deliver.  


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#92 cwapface

cwapface

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Terminator 2

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for making these, I think it's really cool and they look fantastic.

 

I can't get it to play smooth on my system though - I've tried doing a fresh VP install, downloading the tables, pasting in the vpinballx.exe from the thread, and my problem is that games will start out at 60+fps but then slowly decrease over time until its ~20fps and unplayable. If I use the old vpinballx.exe v 10.2, the games all play at 60+ fps forever.

 

Also seeing an issue on Congo and TOM where the game can't locate any balls to start playing, but with the 10.2 exe it works fine. Did I screw something up?



#93 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

Thanks for making these, I think it's really cool and they look fantastic.

 

I can't get it to play smooth on my system though - I've tried doing a fresh VP install, downloading the tables, pasting in the vpinballx.exe from the thread, and my problem is that games will start out at 60+fps but then slowly decrease over time until its ~20fps and unplayable. If I use the old vpinballx.exe v 10.2, the games all play at 60+ fps forever.

 

Also seeing an issue on Congo and TOM where the game can't locate any balls to start playing, but with the 10.2 exe it works fine. Did I screw something up?

 

maybe not ... I'm starting to think maybe I should make a build with 10.2 rather than the very latest codebase.

 

EDIT: but on another note I am not experiencing any such behavior, and one of my systems is much too slow for these tables and its just slow,not variable slowdowns , but its good to get input from anyone on issues they are experiencing.


Edited by hanzoverfist, 27 March 2017 - 05:15 AM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#94 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:46 AM

happy B-Day Kruge here is what high speed will look like with the popo LED lights, remember this is my FSS LED MOD thread.. so LED this and that and everything!!!! .. can't wait to get them flashing , I just tried this idea and it worked out really well.

 

EDIT: major LOL.. the LED police lights are strong enough to make my office walls flicker... what a great idea that was...

 

attachicon.gifhigh speed Clipboard-1.png

 

Looks and plays very well so far, no problems on the preview table thus far.  Thanks for letting me take it for a spin!  I'll play some more during my lunch break and let you know if I find any problems.

 

 

Best Regards,

Kruge99.


[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#95 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Added a brief tutorial video on youtube to show how to switch from landscape to portrait video modes and how its achieved, this is for FSS pinball tables only. I filmed it with a camera rather than screen capture software for reason I won't get into, only to say that it's obviously not as clear as a screen capture.

 


Edited by hanzoverfist, 27 March 2017 - 03:17 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#96 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

@laylow , trying to post this msg to you but your pm is full.. for a long time/all the time.

 

Hi Laylow,

 

 

I think I may(not guaranteed)  have found the problem plaguing some of my tables, and since you have had issues with some tables I was wondering if you would like to test the fixed ones. If I recall you had a problem with totan, TOM and congo right? 

 

would you want to test the new tables if they crash for you again ?

 

hanz


space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#97 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

@laylow , trying to post this msg to you but your pm is full.. for a long time/all the time.

 

Hi Laylow,

 

 

I think I may(not guaranteed)  have found the problem plaguing some of my tables, and since you have had issues with some tables I was wondering if you would like to test the fixed ones. If I recall you had a problem with totan, TOM and congo right? 

 

would you want to test the new tables if they crash for you again ?

 

hanz

Hi Hanz,

 

I would love to test them! And I will report again :)



#98 CJS

CJS

    Tommy with Training Wheels

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Location:Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: My real Pinbot :) VP: America's Most Haunted, Star Trek 2013, Joker Poker, Abra Ca Dabra, AFM, Flash Gordon, ah I could go on forever

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

these are amazing, well done ! definitely will give them a crack.



#99 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

Trying to give Spectrum a real retro look, with the old yellowish lighting. maybe halogen or some special tungsten.

 

EDIT: updated image... left side image vpx table, right side reference real image.

 

Attached File  Spectrum Clipboard-1.png   1.03MB   5 downloadsAttached File  spectrum default.jpg   24.42KB   5 downloads


Edited by hanzoverfist, 28 March 2017 - 04:10 PM.

space-invader-wheel1_t.png


#100 hanzoverfist

hanzoverfist

    Enthusiast

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian nights, congo... heck I love e'm all

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:47 PM

I tried this properly for the first time tonight. I only played with BOP so far, and I noticed the XYZ Scale deviations from the original are causing weak plunges. I changed the Release Speed to 245 because changing the XYZ Scale messes with the backglass displaying properly. I don't know how much physics get effected by XYZ Scale, so there may be other aspects that will play different in some/all tables you mod like this. Hopefully it won't be a pain in the a.. and you can get away with only tuning a setting here and there. I'm happy to say that, at least with BOP, slightly modifying Inclination and Field of View doesn't give me any problems so I can get a little higher perspective with the camera (I think technically the alphanumeric display may be off by a mm, but it's negligible to me). I really like getting more pinball real estate on my screen, so I'm looking forward to playing these mods, thanks!

thanks for this,I did make the changes you recommended but I won't update until I have a few more tables to update.


space-invader-wheel1_t.png






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FSS, hanzoverfist, Full Single Screen, LED MOD, MOD, VPX