Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#61 Pinbotic

Pinbotic

    Enthusiast

  • VIP
  • 290 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot




  • Trophies:

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

You are doing a wonderful job with these tables. The only thing that I have noticed about Pinbot is that the visor looks a bit too pointy at the end. On a real machine it is much more rounded. Other than that small thing, you are doing amazing work.
Avatar courtesy of Grizz.

#62 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

I don't want to get too crude here. But the bride has always looked like a cheap blow-up sex doll to me. tongue.gif EDIT: The tables look outstanding UW.

Edited by moogster66, 27 July 2010 - 02:31 AM.

I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#63 epthegeek

epthegeek

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 618 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:09 AM

Stunning again UW! You really are a perfectionist and a great builder.

#64 Dazz

Dazz

    Pinball Fan

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location:Keller, Texas

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone and Cyclone

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:27 AM

That is one sexy table. I can't wait till I get to shoot my balls into her mouth!
Posted Image

#65 slam23

slam23

    Pinhead extraordinaire

  • Charter Member
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Somewhere behind VP8 or 9!

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Dazz @ Jul 27 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is one sexy table. I can't wait till I get to shoot my balls into her mouth!


Well Moogster66, I don't think you have to be worried about being crude.... smile.gif BTW, what's that rocket thingy doing between BOP's legs? Sigh....
Slam23

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#66 Dazz

Dazz

    Pinball Fan

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Location:Keller, Texas

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone and Cyclone

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (slam23 @ Jul 27 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dazz @ Jul 27 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is one sexy table. I can't wait till I get to shoot my balls into her mouth!


Well Moogster66, I don't think you have to be worried about being crude.... smile.gif BTW, what's that rocket thingy doing between BOP's legs? Sigh....
Slam23
Bah! Get your head out of the gutter... I was speaking strictly of gameplay!

Posted Image

#67 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:22 PM

BOP is looking great UW! btw - are you scripting them (PB & BOP) at the same time because the scripts are similar? or is it just because they are a "family" as you mentioned in your posts?


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#68 slam23

slam23

    Pinhead extraordinaire

  • Charter Member
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Somewhere behind VP8 or 9!

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (Dazz @ Jul 27 2010, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (slam23 @ Jul 27 2010, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Dazz @ Jul 27 2010, 05:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is one sexy table. I can't wait till I get to shoot my balls into her mouth!


Well Moogster66, I don't think you have to be worried about being crude.... smile.gif BTW, what's that rocket thingy doing between BOP's legs? Sigh....
Slam23
Bah! Get your head out of the gutter... I was speaking strictly of gameplay!


Yeah right! rolleyes.gif wink.gif

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#69 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

to be honest, all the scripts are the same basically. but I want to birth them together

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#70 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:27 PM

Funniest thing in a pinball game ever. BOP; "I can Speak" then pinbot goes "Oh...No"


Can't wait for this, i love these tables. I hope I don't get an offscreen z surface warning on my pc smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#71 TheKeef

TheKeef

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Location:Smoking a J behind the arcade

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: TheMachine:BoP

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Jul 27 2010, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funniest thing in a pinball game ever. BOP; "I can Speak" then pinbot goes "Oh...No"


Can't wait for this, i love these tables. I hope I don't get an offscreen z surface warning on my pc smile.gif


Meh, Barnyard Multiball on Medieval Madness makes me cheese out every time with a big dumb grin.

These are still looking great UW, can't wait to tear into these babies.

Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor. Cancer Killing Ninja.

#72 ChainZaw

ChainZaw

    Pin Psycho

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Location:Puerto Rico

  • Flag: Puerto Rico

  • Favorite Pinball: Last Action Hero, Medieval Madness, T2, Elvira & Party Monsters, Sorcerer

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

This is gonna be one hell of a double feature!!! All hail UW!!! Worship.gif

 


#73 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Pinbotic @ Jul 27 2010, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are doing a wonderful job with these tables. The only thing that I have noticed about Pinbot is that the visor looks a bit too pointy at the end. On a real machine it is much more rounded. Other than that small thing, you are doing amazing work.


I'm not sure i will keep that visor or not. as of now it is made to work with dropwalls as i was going to do some light effects on it. I may actually switch it out and use a gate like i did for the drop ramp, so i can save on textures. with all the flashers i could use the texture space for flasher effects on other objects. also i think the gate may make the conversion to 4:3 much easier. I'll experiment with it after i get a little more of the bride finished

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#74 bodydump

bodydump

    down and out

  • VIP
  • 578 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: High Speed, Creature

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

Nice. These look sweet. Can't wait. Did you ever get a chance to play the BOP at CAX or was there always a line?

#75 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:32 AM

yes i played it quite a few times so i have a pretty good idea of how it should play. The problem was i kept going back to that pinball magic. what a great game

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#76 oooPLAYER1ooo

oooPLAYER1ooo

    habitual deflector

  • VIP
  • 806 posts
  • Location:sydney , Australia

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Al's Garage Band Goes On A World Tour

  • 360 Gamer Tag: oooPLAYER1ooo


Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Jul 28 2010, 12:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funniest thing in a pinball game ever. BOP; "I can Speak" then pinbot goes "Oh...No"


Can't wait for this, i love these tables. I hope I don't get an offscreen z surface warning on my pc smile.gif



the funniest quote in a pinball game for me was family guy

Peter griffin : what do you want me to do ? Wack a guy, off a guy, wack off a guy

I pissed myself laughing whenever I heard that , there used to be a bar that had this machine and it used to spit it out playing when you would least expect it plus many other crude statements. ... Lol

°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ◕_◕༽つ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)





ozpin.gif


#77 Mitchell

Mitchell

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,434 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Many

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (moogster66 @ Jul 26 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the bride has always looked like a cheap blow-up sex doll to me.


I thought of that too. laugh.gif

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB


#78 NyQuil

NyQuil

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Old Chicago

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Mitchell @ Jul 28 2010, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (moogster66 @ Jul 26 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But the bride has always looked like a cheap blow-up sex doll to me.


I thought of that too. laugh.gif


+1

That were my thoughts too. But anyway, this table is just awesome.....Damn, I really love that metamorphosis animation!!

NyQuil smile.gif

#79 Ignus Fast

Ignus Fast

    Neophyte

  • Silver Supporter
  • 9 posts
  • Location:Nebraska

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Bride Of Pinbot

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:25 AM

She is a little creepy, but that is still one of my favorite tables. Just gorgeous. I hope these are done soon - I hate dusting off Future Pinball just to Bride. smile.gif No pressure, though.

#80 wonderpuddle

wonderpuddle

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinball Magic

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Jul 28 2010, 04:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i played it quite a few times so i have a pretty good idea of how it should play. The problem was i kept going back to that pinball magic. what a great game


These two machines look awesome. I can't wait to play them.

And you are right, Pinball Magic is fantastic. I can't wait to see your take on that game. And let me know when you do start that project, as I will do whatever I can to get you pictures from my Pinball Magic for that project.