Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

VPX Funhouse WIP


  • Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#61 Ben Logan

Ben Logan

    Pinball Wizard

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,275 posts
  • Location:California

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: System 11

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:40 PM

Thanks! Your screenshot is looking super.

#62 32assassin

32assassin

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 853 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: terminator 2

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

send it to me first,  I got all the lights working now,  updated the LED primitives and textures

 

 

 

 

ClarkKent can you clear out your PM box tried to send you a PM.


Edited by 32assassin, 02 June 2016 - 08:42 PM.

My Files
http://www.vpforums....4de64a621eccd40
My Table List
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlaxLrXlPOU
See a table you like, help me complete it by finding the missing resources
https://www.dropbox....xTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

#63 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

32,

You will have it in a few minutes. I need a few days off. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to CK.

 

CK,

Thanks for doing this again. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to HF.

 

I have some other issues to resolve before posting a Beta.

 

Thanks all

Bill


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#64 jesperpark

jesperpark

    Enthusiast

  • Silver Supporter
  • 271 posts
  • Location:Edmonton Alberta Canada

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:24 AM

Big thanks to Wrd, Clark, 32, Haunt and of course Shoopity also anyone else involved in giving this table the love it deserves  :otvclap:

 

Can't wait to play the finished version



#65 nFozzy

nFozzy

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Pinbot

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:06 AM

32,

You will have it in a few minutes. I need a few days off. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to CK.

 

CK,

Thanks for doing this again. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to HF.

 

I have some other issues to resolve before posting a Beta.

 

Thanks all

Bill

Is one of the issues is the left shooter ramp physics? Here's some isolated ramp parts that might work better

 

https://www.dropbox.... lramp.vpx?dl=0



#66 1moreastronaut

1moreastronaut

    Hobbyist

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 29 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: The Addams Family / F-14 Tomcat / BK2000

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

Guys, this is incredible work so far. Thanks so much for all the diligence and attention to detail.  One of the best pins of all-time is really coming to life.  

 

Really, thank you.



#67 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 03 June 2016 - 05:46 AM

CK,

Thanks for doing this again. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to HF.

 

Ok, just send the file.



#68 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

    Real 4K Tables Since 2013

  • VIP
  • 2,523 posts
  • Location:South Jersey

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins



Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:07 AM

 

CK,

Thanks for doing this again. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to HF.

 

Ok, just send the file.

 

 

was it sent to me?... I dont see any PM's


 26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif


#69 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

 

32,

You will have it in a few minutes. I need a few days off. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to CK.

 

CK,

Thanks for doing this again. Once you have your revisions in, please send it to HF.

 

I have some other issues to resolve before posting a Beta.

 

Thanks all

Bill

Is one of the issues is the left shooter ramp physics? Here's some isolated ramp parts that might work better

 

https://www.dropbox.... lramp.vpx?dl=0

 

Are you referring to the stoppers in the ramp that allow the ball to drop into one of the three bonus slots? Then yes those needed some tweaking. I have not looked at your file yest but if those are the revisions, then I will add them to the WIP. Thanks Fozzy.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#70 ClarkKent

ClarkKent

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

  • Flag: Austria

  • Favorite Pinball: Q*Bert's Quest, Red's and Ted's Road Show, Dialed In, Big Bang Bar

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

Sorry still haven't got the latest revision to work on. Can you send it to me?

#71 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

CK,

check your PMs.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#72 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:57 AM

Update:

Lots of progress on Funhouse. Best of all. No more fuzzy PF.

 

Clarkkent has provided a perfectly scaled and high res playfield image plus he updated the overall table physics. The new PF has been added and every single object has been moved to make a perfect aligned playfield. 32assassin has done some more scripting and fozzy has provided the working steps ramp physics. This ramp was really kicking my ass so thanks to fozzy. Hauntfreaks has done some lighting. And lastly, cyberpez is creating prim plastics for the entire table.

 

All that said, there is still a crap ton of work to do. But the table is gonna be killer.

 

Here is a teaser pic:

fhteaser2.jpg


Edited by wrd1972, 06 June 2016 - 02:06 AM.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#73 Drybonz

Drybonz

    Really bad at pinball, but having fun.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Theatre of Magic

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:59 AM

Looking awesome guys.  It's great the way you guys team up on these tables.   :)



#74 DKong

DKong

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 600 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: IJ (Williams), TOM, AFM

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:14 AM

This is such a fun table and I really appreciate everything you guys do when recreating them.  

 

The collaboration is also quite interesting to me.  I'd love to know how you guys all coordinate who is working on which part of the table.  Does someone (in this case, wrd1972?) send PMs to a few people, asking for help in creating specific parts?  Or, do you guys set up some sort of PM thread that several of you can see?  That way, no one is working on the same thing?

 

Just curious and thanks for sharing your progress!



#75 hauntfreaks

hauntfreaks

    Real 4K Tables Since 2013

  • VIP
  • 2,523 posts
  • Location:South Jersey

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: -<3<3<3 All Real Pins



Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

organized chaos?..... I know when I help I overlap and unlap...lol

i'm kinda like like a stick in bicycle spokes


 26794541816_30ca1cca80_o.gif 43109635392_fc11af1a57_o.gif


#76 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:19 PM

This is such a fun table and I really appreciate everything you guys do when recreating them.  

 

The collaboration is also quite interesting to me.  I'd love to know how you guys all coordinate who is working on which part of the table.  Does someone (in this case, wrd1972?) send PMs to a few people, asking for help in creating specific parts?  Or, do you guys set up some sort of PM thread that several of you can see?  That way, no one is working on the same thing?

 

Just curious and thanks for sharing your progress!

Global collaboration is nothing new to me since I have to do it at work since my company decided, that my local resources that used to be 10 feet away, were too costly, and needed to be replaced by cheaper ones 8598 miles away. The difference here is, the authors that help me develop a table are completely autonomous and enjoy what they do.

 

Most of the time, various authors will simply contact me and offer to perform a certain role on the table. Since I am still very new to this, I completely welcome any assistance offered. Several guys here like borgdog and ninuzzu have especially helped me along, of which I am very thankful. I have found that my best skill is to complete an orphaned table where the scripting is mostly finished and the 3D prims can be provided. I can do basic re-scripting, but nothing like a VP10 conversion. I also cant do 3D prims and dont really want to due to the complexities. So I rely on others to create those when they are willing. So as of right now, Cyberpez is kicking out some very nice plastic prims for FH and more recently, Bugs Bunny Birthday ball.

 

Other times, I will simply contact an author when I see they show an interest in a particular table I am working on, and kindly ask if they would be interested in taking a role in developing it.

 

So to keep things in check with who is helping with me on a table, I simply communicate through a group PM. I try to clearly explain what I have done and what needs to be done to further the table. Of course there is the risk of overlapping work or losing content due to down-level versions, so again, communications is key. It would be nice if all changes by multiple authors could be accounted for in a single shared file in real time, as to ensure the issues above do not occur.

 

That is it in a nutshell.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.


#77 gStAv

gStAv

    Pinball Lover

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

  • Flag: Sweden

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM, IJ, AFM, WC94

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

This is one hell of a good looker team *applause* :D

3rs054-6.png


#78 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:18 PM

whooaa.........ehhhh....just spoiled myself....that's one GREAT looking table


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=


#79 laylow

laylow

    VP Veteran

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Location:Blackpool

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: 1978 >

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

Mmmm... I. don't know if I like it  :shutup:

 

:drool:  :yahoo: Just kiddin'

 

I Love it!  :good:



#80 wrd1972

wrd1972

    Authoring Padawan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,265 posts
  • Location:Central KY. USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Funhouse

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Does anybody know how to contact Vanlion? His box must be full.


My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade  Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia  GTX 970

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 21" Dell monitors in the backbox - Pinscape dual boards - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support.