- View New Content
-
Getting Started
-
Tutorials
Tutorial Categories
Tutorials Main Page Installation and Setup Downloadable TutorialsROM Adjustments
Number of Balls Adjustments Volume Adjustments
-
Visual Pinball Tables
VP 8 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP 9 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP9 Cabinet Tables
All Full Screen Cabinet Full Screen B2S Cabinet Spanned Cabinet Tables Media Packs ROMsVPX Tables
All VPinMAME Recreations VPX- - /VPinMAME - MOD Tables VPX Recreations VPX Originals Media Packs ROMs VR
-
Frontend Media & Backglass
Media Packs
Complete Media Packs Wheel Logos VideosBackglasses
dB2S Animated Backglasses UVP Animated Backglasses Topper Images
- Future Pinball Tables
-
Design Resources
Main Resources
Table Templates Playfield Images Image Library Sound Library Key CodesVP Guides
VP8 Guide - English VP8 Guide - Deutsch VP9 Guide - English VP9.1.x Guide - English VP Object Guide VPM DocumentationFuture Pinball Resources
Playfield Images 3D Model LibraryFuture Pinball Guides
FP Script Guide Big Draco Script Guide FP Table Design Guide FP DMD Guide
- Other Features
- Bug Tracker
- Image Gallery
- Blogs
-
More
Big Bang Bar FS [VP 9.x Cabinet FS]
Started By
unclewilly
, Mar 16 2012 06:05 PM
unclewilly jimmyfingers FS
115 replies to this topic
#62
Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:54 PM
updated to v 2.0
"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx
#64
Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:38 AM
Awesome, UW! I'm stoked to try it!
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1
#65
Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:15 AM
I've just played a few games. Great update UW/JF ![]()
I really like the use of primitives for the drop targets.....great improvement.
I'm proud to have this on my cab.
I'm a virtuapin owner, and when I 1st tried to play this table, the analog plunger didnt work on the game.
I changed the pull speed of the original "plunger" from 8 to 1.25, and it works now. It may just be a VirtuaPin thing...no worries.
Just wanted to post in case others had similar experience.
THANKS AGAIN YOU TWO !!!!!!!
![]()
#66
Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:35 AM
I've just played a few games. Great update UW/JF![]()
I really like the use of primitives for the drop targets.....great improvement.
I'm proud to have this on my cab.
I'm a virtuapin owner, and when I 1st tried to play this table, the analog plunger didnt work on the game.
I changed the pull speed of the original "plunger" from 8 to 1.25, and it works now. It may just be a VirtuaPin thing...no worries.
Just wanted to post in case others had similar experience.
THANKS AGAIN YOU TWO !!!!!!!
![]()
Hmm, don't have a virutalpin / analog plunger kit so can't / couldn't test but used the version 5 script from another working table that didn't seem to have any issues and BBB was all god - plunger wise - on my rig(s). Maybe Koadic could take a look and let us know if he see's what's wrong with the coding / implementation or anyone else that has that hardware and can troubleshoot the issue.
#67
Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:49 AM
Yeah...it's no big deal or anything. For some odd reason, 8 was too weak, i cut it in half to 4, then the plunger had more power, cut it to 2, and it was getting there, 1 was too much, so i rested on like 1.25 --> 1.3.
As I said, it's probably just some odd anomoly on my setup, but just in case it happened to anyone else, there would be a quick answer.
Everything else is PHENOMENAL on this update! Awesome physics JF ;-)
#69
Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:18 PM
thanks for the update gents!
wicked!
Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater
Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.
Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th
Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy
Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires
http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/
By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater
Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.
Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th
Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy
Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires
http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/
By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]
#71
Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:13 PM
Yah, I updated the table with a new optimized alpha ramp routine / refresh light update method I developed that utilizes a couple techniques to help greatly with performance / FPS. Two main things is that I use a global refresh light and only update it once per lamptimer cycle for all alpha ramps that have changed and only when there are any updates needed (uses a variable / flag in the new routine calls then resets it after the GlobalARrefresh light has been refreshed). I had noticed that all the individual alpha ramp calls to various refresh lights produced more stutter than using one light for them all BUT having it just as a global light alone wasn't enough until using the flag technique so that whether 1 or 10 alpha ramps have changed it will only update (refresh) once at the end of the "UpdateLamps" routine that's called as part of the lamptimer.
The second part is something I've been using for a while to try and squeeze performance out of every corner I can (I use forced AA and that adds further performance requirements for fluid play) and that is using a solid object as the base object for a typical alpha ramp set than only update / show the 3 levels of "on" (on, a, b) alpha lights for a flasher or bulb when it's actually going off. So, with the right routine coding, when nothing is happening no alpha is active and instead all that is seen is the solid image based ramp and when it is going off the "halo" or glow can be seen on top of and blended into the solid object beneath. This works for a lot of items and only isn't appropriate when the base or "off" image needs to be dynamically transparent.
All in all, this update, even with the new primitives (around 10 if I recall), actually runs at around 200% of the speed of the initial release. Mind you UW's original table was created / released before the optimized alpha 0/1 and image based discoveries - Koadic and me ![]()
#74
Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:23 PM
What is the best stable new VP build to play this table on?I am using the regular 9.15 and am getting some green graphics problems on the top of the tube dancer and green text on the upper right flipper.
I used that same "regular" version (official 9.15 release with latest freeimage.dll - 3.15.4) for all my work on the update (both my development rig and my mini-cabinet). Had none of the problems you describe so may be at least a combination issue with something particular to your system. For the record, my systems are both Windows 7 32-bit with Nvidia driver version 306.97, I use only the hardware rendering checked off out of all those options (ru, ro, etc.), and test with both AA on and off.
Maybe if you can post a screen shot other people might have some suggestions / feedback on the issue or hints for further assessing.
#75
Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:42 PM
Other than the Pinball Wizard adjustment suggested by Aaron James, this update plays perfect so far.
Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]
- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
#76
Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:50 AM
Thanks guys. I will fiddle with the settings tomorrow.
I have never had graphics issues on any table since my early days on the boards here.
Just lucky, I guess.
This is the first table that has done anything odd.
The green lines flash by so fast that I don't know how I would get a screen shot.
The table is very playable as is, so it really is not that big of a deal.
The best way for me to describe the problem is that the top green circle of the tube dancer will every once in awhile shoot three random green laser beams down towards the flippers.
Kind of a cool special effect that at first thought was just part of the new table. But then when the text on top the upper flipper started doing it as well, I knew something was up. ![]()
And I am using Windows 7 64bit with Radeon 5670.
I have a couple hundred tables running perfectly. So far just this release is doing this.
JP's new NBA Fast Break even works with all the new stuff going on.
Thanks again for the great release. It certainly plays much better than the previous. And like others have said the drop targets are smooth as butter. ![]()
#77
Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:56 AM
I use the newest build and it fixes all the graphics glitches and gets the best fps
"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx
#78
Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:05 AM
Wow cheers. This is a BMPR table ?
Bump maps are the new auto-tune ![]()
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000
#80
Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:17 AM
Wow cheers. This is a BMPR table ?
Yep, it's a BMPR
Any physics MOD I do / work on is typically going to be based on the BMPR at it's fondation. You can find the familiar status lights - I love so much
- at the bottom of the plunger area (a little less in your face than the center of the apron where I usually place it - al beit getting shrunk over the revisions)


Top














are all trademarks of VPFORUMS.