Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Mr and Mrs. Pinbot vp9 - WIP


  • Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#41 Sandro

Sandro

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Location:Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

Looking fantastic!! For the 4:3 IMO the best angles are the ones used by Groni and Lord Hiryu.

#42 slam23

slam23

    Pinhead extraordinaire

  • Charter Member
  • 811 posts
  • Location:Somewhere behind VP8 or 9!

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Indiana Jones (1993) + Lord of the Rings

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

Great job! I second the opinion of Sandro, I especially like GRONI's perspective,
Slam23

Did you know that "playing pinball" is called "flipperen" in Dutch? Now you know and may your life be enriched by this arcane knowledge....

#43 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:17 AM

Looks very good unclewilly,
maybe is it possible for you to change the angle. I like the table angle from Groni, JP and LH .
Posted Image

#44 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hey UW, I'm sure you already have all the artwork you need, but I just noticed that Classic Playfields has done a re-run on the Pin*Bot plastics sets:

Classic Playfields Store


Best Regards,
Todd.

[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#45 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

The last i could get done before my trip. The drop pamp is complete. Gates make for super smooth animations for this kind of thing. I feel like i maybe should have used a gate for the visor as well. Maybe in an update as i'm happy the way it looks now.
Took me a while to get the texture for the ramp right. Then i realized it had to be upside down and backwards and on the bottom of the gat for it to look right.

Sorry i'm kind of a dork about this, but now that it works and looks good i figured i'd show it off.

Now it's just the minipf some miscelaneous hardware and the flashers. Then i'll catch BOP up and code them both at once.

Drop Ramp down:


Drop Ramp Up


I wish i could do video so you could see how smooth the animation is

Off to california extreme

I'll Try and use jp's angle that he used on jackbot since the tables have identical layouts and our objects are about the same heights. I hope that will be ok for the 4:3 gang

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#46 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Looks very well unclewilly and yes, the JP angle is very OK, THANKS.
Posted Image

#47 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:22 AM

It's getting Beautiful, UW. But I'm another one ...

If my opinion counts... opinion of a great fan of your tables...
I also prefer the JP or GRONI angles / perspective.

Right now I'm playing like a madman your Xenon 4:3. What a hard table!!!! My score is only 400K. The ball falls too much between flipers. It is more difficult than the real machine! ohmy.gif Btw, I thought the angle/perspective of your Xenon is OK!!!


Good job on your Pinbot, UW!! smile.gif

Edited by billyrjse, 16 July 2010 - 12:29 AM.


Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#48 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (billyrjse @ Jul 16 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's getting Beautiful, UW. But I'm another one ...

If my opinion counts... opinion of a great fan of your tables...
I also prefer the JP or GRONI angles / perspective.

Right now I'm playing like a madman your Xenon 4:3. What a hard table!!!! My score is only 400K. The ball falls too much between flipers. It is more difficult than the real machine! ohmy.gif Btw, I thought the angle/perspective of your Xenon is OK!!!


Good job on your Pinbot, UW!! smile.gif

for Xenon, just click on both flippers in the editor and make them a little longer. I went by my testers as far as gameplay on that one as i have never played a real one. Maybe this weekend i'll get to at the convention

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#49 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (unclewilly @ Jul 16 2010, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (billyrjse @ Jul 16 2010, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's getting Beautiful, UW. But I'm another one ...

If my opinion counts... opinion of a great fan of your tables...
I also prefer the JP or GRONI angles / perspective.

Right now I'm playing like a madman your Xenon 4:3. What a hard table!!!! My score is only 400K. The ball falls too much between flipers. It is more difficult than the real machine! ohmy.gif Btw, I thought the angle/perspective of your Xenon is OK!!!


Good job on your Pinbot, UW!! smile.gif

for Xenon, just click on both flippers in the editor and make them a little longer. I went by my testers as far as gameplay on that one as i have never played a real one. Maybe this weekend i'll get to at the convention



Sorry UW, I know this should be discussed in another topic, but...
It seems that the current size of the xenon 1.1 flipplers are correct. I played it hundreds of times. And in my personal opinion something is doing the ball draining vertically. When the ball touches the targets or hit bumpers, for example, the ball often falls unerring between the flipplers with no chance to defend. Maybe a little more elasticity in the targets will help. I also thought that the ball almost no bounce on flipers. Sometimes purposely I let the ball fall straight to flipper to move from flipper to another flipper, or even trying to control it... But It's hard cause it looks like low elasticity on the flippers.
I believe who tested Xenon 1.1 also should think that is too hard to play.
Sorry my bad english
Thank you very much for your attention! smile.gif

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#50 BarfHappy

BarfHappy

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Bride of Pinbot

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:27 AM

Thank you for taking the huge amount of time required to rebuild these tables... they are among my absolute favorites smile.gif
If i could, i d offer you a drink.

#51 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Ok this one is done except the lighting textures and the code, now to catch up BOP


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#52 kruge99

kruge99

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 3,901 posts
  • Location:Markham, Ont.

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, High Speed and Pin*Bot



Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

OMG! what a piece of eye candy! That looks amazing UW! Let me know if you need it play-tested as I have played Pin*Bot for almost a year straight during High School.


Best Regards,
Todd.
[proud owner of a Williams Solar Fire]

- It's called "The American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it.
George Carlin
- Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
Henrik Tikkanen
- "Reality check, Michelle, Talk about composure, Total lack of. He's a man-- About-- 12 Feet Tall--"
Carrie Kelly
Posted Image

#53 epthegeek

epthegeek

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 618 posts
  • Location:Wisconsin

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cirqus Voltaire

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

Looks absolutely stunning UW! dblthumb.gif

Tables like this are exactly why I was really tentative to take on building gilligan. So much to live up to wink.gif

#54 Grizz

Grizz

    Art Guru

  • VIP
  • 1,105 posts
  • Location:Stony Creek

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Fishtales, Theatre of Magic, Tales of Arabian Nights

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Phishtales
  • 360 Gamer Tag: PrecedentEnd


Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:13 AM

Looks awesome brother!
And that was done during your jetlagged period!
Thanks for all the great work.

Table Artwork-Alien Poker, Baseball, Big Bang Bar, Black Pyramid, Comet, Dark Silverball, Grand Prix, Knockout, Monster Bash, Mini Cycle,
Road Race, Royal Flush, Royal Flush Deluxe, South Pacific, Space Invaders, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Whitewater

Original Table Artwork-7 Deadly Pins, Black Sabbath 70's & 80's, Cowboys&Indians, Hot Wheels, Iron Maiden, Royal Flush Supreme, Schizo, Seawitch, Theatre of Magic "Houdini's Revenge", The Munsters, Puzzlebox.

Dynamic Duo Artwork- Radical, Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mr.&Mrs.Pacman, No Fear, Star Trek 25th

Table Releases- Royal Flush Trilogy

Backglasses- Over 255 Remastered in Hires

http://www.arcadecru...ables/hyperpin/

By JR {Uncle Willys Art Guy} Ace9567 Dynamic Duo=[GrizzleGrindHackenbot]


Posted Image

#55 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Looking great UW! otvclap.gif
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#56 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

What for a beauty unclewilly. cool.gif
Posted Image

#57 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:52 AM

been working a lot sorry not much is done.
Trying to catch up the bride so i can start coding the happy family.

All the bottom leve plastics switches and hardware are in, started on the face. it's done and fully animated using lights.
Moving on to the upper level


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#58 arychines

arychines

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Location:Brasilia

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: arabian knigths

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

no words, fantastic... yahoo.gif yahoo.gif unclewilly you are the man

Edited by arychines, 27 July 2010 - 02:08 AM.


#59 PinballWizard79

PinballWizard79

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: SPP

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Damn I am getting excited, BOP is showing me her oh face.

Looks good dude, you are an artist!

#60 humid

humid

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 743 posts
  • Location:London Ontario

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight



Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

Haven't looked at this thread for ages. That screen of Pinbot looks stellar from top to bottom. I'm sure you'll have the Bride in a a gorgeous state soon U.W. All of us Bot fans will be saying thanks a Billion when she walks down the aisle.
I tawt I gawt a weepway