Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Evil Dead VP


  • Please log in to reply
296 replies to this topic

#41 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

I am close.  It was definitely the fonts... for the errors I was getting.  All I did was install those two fonts, tried launching again, got much further, the table even started, I could see it.  But ultimately I ended with the following error:

---------------------------
Script Error
---------------------------
Line: 1
Python Failed -- check the log
  File "build\bdist.win32\egg\procgame\game\game.py", line 526, in process_event
    elif event_type == pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen or \
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen'

I'll try starting from the top again.



#42 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:15 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#43 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

I'm still working but I just wanted to throw this out there, in your updated Setup Help, you have

pinproc-0.91.win32-py2.6.exe, but in my folder from the download you point me to earlier in the thread I have

pinproc-1.2.win32-py2.6.exe



#44 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:15 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#45 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Hey chepas as you know I'm trying to install and run this also so I figured I'd document whats happening to me here also to help anyone else.  I'm installing on Windows 7 64-bit OS.

 

1)  During the ProcToolkit.exe install I also got the dialog "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine." but it sounded like earlier you said to ignore it so I did.

2)  Then following along in the README I ran into not having a P-ROC directory in my Program Files (x86) folder so I found post #21 in this thread and downloaded and ran that EXE file which gave me the directory.

3)  I ran C:\Program Files (x86)\P-ROC\libpinproc\ext\python\pinproc-1.2.win32-py2.6.exe just fine.

4)  I noticed it was installing the Python26 directory and it was showing it already existed in the registry so I might have already had this installed.  Also I already have a Python27 directory so not sure if that will cause any conflicts.

5)  Then I ran the "python setup.py install" command in the c:\P-ROC\pypinproc-master directory and I'm also getting the zlib1.dll missing from the computer error.  I tried copying the 3 DLL's into both my System32 and SysWOW64 directories but that didn't fix it.  I also already had the ftd2xx.dll in my SysWOW64 directory but mine was a newer version so I didn't overwrite it.  I think that's just a serial USB dongle driver using an FTDI chip.

 

So it's looking like maybe I need to the do steps from post #28 where he registered the VPROC controller but I don't have a tools directory under C:\P-ROC so I'm thinking he meant the file I found under C:\P-ROC\pyprocgame-master\tools.  So I guess I'll try that next.

 

Update:

It may help if you have somewhere to update the install steps.  I'm trying to figure out if I was supposed to ignore the zlib1.dll.

The "python setup.py install" command still gives the zlib1.dll error but I am able to go into Python and execute "import pinproc" with no errors.


Edited by Gilrock, 15 August 2014 - 04:39 PM.


#46 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:26 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#47 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

Ok that got me past the zlib1.dll error but I had to put it into my SysWOW64 directory on my system.

 

I seem to be following the same path as shoopity...I got the same errors on the setup.py install as he did in post #24.

 

When I try to run the register_vpcom.py like he did I get the "No module named win32com" error.  I thought he also got that earlier but I'm not sure which step he did to solve it.


Edited by Gilrock, 15 August 2014 - 04:54 PM.


#48 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:26 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#49 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

So freakin' close I can taste it.  OK, I deleted P-ROC, MinGW, C:\program files(x86)\P-ROC and c:\Python26 to start from scratch and followed you instructions step-by-step.  I'm on Windows 7 64 bit, and I don't have any other versions of Python installed.  I re-downloaded everything from the gitlab.

 

Everything was smooth up until step 5, it said I was missing zlib1.dll.  I downloaded it from here: http://zlib.net/zlib128-dll.zip and placed in my C:\P-ROC\pypinproc-master directory.  Step 5 completed but with the no-font error you said to ignore (the two fonts are still installed on my system).

 

Uh oh... now I'm getting a little confused with myself since I didn't document things as I went through them.  Step 5 may have actually been an issue with not have win32com.server.exception, but I don't think so.  I think I ran into the win32com error when I tried running python leftramp.pyc.  In any case, I downloaded this: http://sourceforge.n....6.exe/download and ran it and I was able to run the leftramp.pyc.  A display comes up  showing an animated piano in the background, Ball 0, Player 1, and 50,000.

 

However, when I got to launch the table from VP, I still get the same error EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen.  Trying to do it manually from within a python prompt generates the same error.  I'm going to try the Beta ProcToolKit on top of what I have.  If that doesn't work, I'll start from scratch again using the Beta ProcToolKit.



#50 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:27 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#51 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ok that got me past the zlib1.dll error but I had to put it into my SysWOW64 directory on my system.

 

I seem to be following the same path as shoopity...I got the same errors on the setup.py install as he did in post #24.

 

When I try to run the register_vpcom.py like he did I get the "No module named win32com" error.  I thought he also got that earlier but I'm not sure which step he did to solve it.

Get it here http://sourceforge.n....6.exe/download

 

Running the beta ProcToolKit on top of what I have did not work.  Starting fresh now.

 

***** Edit In case you need a different version, look for it here http://sourceforge.n...in32/Build 219/


Edited by Shoopity, 15 August 2014 - 05:06 PM.


#52 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Yep that all worked...

C:\Users\Gil>python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84297, Aug 24 2010, 18:46:32) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import pinproc
>>> import procgame
>>> import pygame
>>> print pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen
6
>>>

Update:  This post was before Shoopity posted the link to pywin32-219.win32-py2.6.exe.  I was typing when he posted it.  Do I still need to install it?


Edited by Gilrock, 15 August 2014 - 05:10 PM.


#53 Shoopity

Shoopity

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Location:Colorado

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Contributor

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Deleting the only the P-ROC and running the Beta file did not resolve the print pinproc.EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen issue.



#54 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:23 PM

Ok I ran the pywin32-219.win32-py2.6.exe installer.

I went back and ran the "python setup.py install" command and it worked.  The problem is I accidentally ran it in the pyprocgame-master directory so I went back over to the pypinproc-master directory and ran it there and it worked there also.

Then I went down to the tools directory and the vpcom controller appeared to register correctly now:

c:\P-ROC\pyprocgame-master\tools>python register_vpcom.py
No handlers could be found for logger "game.config"
Registered: VPinMAME.Controller


#55 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:15 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#56 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:15 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#57 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Ok I'll delete P-ROC and start over.  I kept seeing you guys mention the Beta toolkit but didn't see a link so I've been running the original link in the README.  I'll try that one now.  I did get as far as seeing the table render in my cabinet but it was after it complained about a missing DLL.  After I moved the DLL over things got worse so I'll try again from scratch.



#58 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

. 


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:15 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000


#59 Gilrock

Gilrock

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 169 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Time Warp

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Ok I started over and used the Beta toolkit and now I'm getting the EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen error.  I had that part working with the original toolkit.  I was doing this re-install before you posted the updated instructions so I was already to the point of trying to launch the table.  I had to copy over FreeImage.dll.  Then it complained about SciLexer.dll missing but the table still rendered on the screen and the lights were flashing but I couldn't get a ball to start it up.  So I copied over the SciLexer.dll and then I got the EventTypeBurstSwitchOpen error.



#60 chepas

chepas

    t.me/horsepin

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: BSD, Tr0n, SW:Stern

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

.


Edited by chepas, 08 December 2022 - 01:16 PM.

Bump maps are the new auto-tune :BDH:
VPX - RSS Updates ---- blog.flippingflips.xyz/en/ -- Visual Pinball No.1 (2021) . Est.2000