Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Fire! wip(unclewilly & randr)


  • Please log in to reply
457 replies to this topic

#381 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

the build part is done,  i think.

submitted the project to the boss for quality control. :)

 

All the detail work is done, screws, posts etc

 

So now it is just bug hunting, physics tweaks,  and some minor graphics work on a couple of the insert lights.

 

I'm uploading some gameplay video now.  i'll post once it is done.

just wanted to show off the amazing light show this table has.

 

Hopefully i can get the physics good,  maybe my friend thewool would like to help me?

 

final pic

video preview tomorrow,  i have to go to bed

 

Attached File  wipDone.png   2.43MB   25 downloads


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#382 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

Very nice. I will nit pick this and send you a list! ;)

randr___pinball.png                         


#383 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 PM


"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#384 yeahboy123

yeahboy123

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: fire! T2

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:44 PM

That video is randr playing his machine.  We want to see the visual pinball FIRE! video. 



#385 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Nice video Unclewilly. I submitted my list of things that need attention...this table is going to be 6 more months before its released!!!! LMAO!!! 


randr___pinball.png                         


#386 anfiach

anfiach

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Arabian Nights

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:13 PM

Stunningly beautiful work guys.



#387 vampirolatino2

vampirolatino2

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

  • Flag: Spain

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:52 AM

looking better each time I see it!!! :D congratulations and thanks a lot for putting your time in this project!

 

still have the bouncing "bug?" at the end.



#388 gigalula

gigalula

    Hummmm not sure yet :)

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 651 posts

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: All of them from 70' to now. Even more with VP and FP :)

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

Really nice .... I agree with Vampirolatino2 the progression of this project is amazing to discover at every step. Thanks for sharing it's always a pleasure for the eyes.



#389 DJRobX

DJRobX

    Pinball Fan

  • VP Dev Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Location:Valencia, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: F14 Tomcat

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Gorgeous.  

 

There's some oddity with the lighting on the inner ramps (one section doesn't get lit up, you can see it around 3:30 in the video)

 

 

...this table is going to be 6 more months before its released!!!! LMAO!!! 

 

Where's that "Dislike This" button when you need it?  ;)    Can't wait to try this!



#390 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

I'm adjusting the heights on the flasher objects.
Spent the better part of 3 hours yesterday working on physics. It still isn't playing right.
I hate this part of table building.
So I'm pretty much down to physics and minor fixes, then adding the dof sound code and the leds for the dmd for the desktop version.

Not much left to do and to be honest, as fun as this table was to build, I'm ready to work on something else.

Side note, attention authors.
I've learned something while working on this table and using for the most part all primitives. The collision code for primitives in vp990 is a little bit wonky. So beware using primitives with collision, you sometimes get really odd behavior.

Where is thewool. He is the best at tweaking physics and I'm really missing him about now

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif


#391 nomorestalker

nomorestalker

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Cactus Canyon/Champion Pub

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: Nomorestalker
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Nomorestalker

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

Looks fantastic, glad to see it's in the home stretch :)



#392 Nemo

Nemo

    Pinball Fan

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 1,283 posts
  • Location:Netherlands

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Looks stunning, we can only be thankful that you're willing to spend your time on these great tables.

And to think you're not really enjoying the physics part only makes me more appreciative   :Worship:


Gone fishin', no really.......

My F14 Cab http://www.vpforums....showtopic=21820

My Coffee Table http://www.vpforums....topic=25407&hl=

My Jukebox WIP http://www.vpforums....topic=23825&hl=


#393 Shadowsclassic

Shadowsclassic

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  • Location:Depauw, Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Elvira and the Party Monsters

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

I just keep looking at the screen shot and video, I can't believe this is a VP table! 

 

It just looks so totally real.  If I couldn't see where we worked on the playfield I would swear you guys were trying to con us with pics of randr's real table(s)! :love39:



#394 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:23 PM

Dang it! Play a full game of pinball! This was just a cruel tease! :D


I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#395 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

If its Randr playing, who wants just a 30 second video? Yuck yuck :)

#396 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

video is 5:13 long.....what am i missing here?  :tongue3:


randr___pinball.png                         


#397 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:26 AM

I thought you used creative editing :)

#398 randr

randr

    I'm just a hardware guy so...

  • VIP
  • 2,650 posts
  • Location:Minnesota

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:48 AM

I didn't do the video. My boss did

randr___pinball.png                         


#399 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Well that explains the 5 min plus video then! :).

#400 unclewilly

unclewilly

    sofa king.....

  • VIP
  • 5,192 posts
  • Location:Baltimore, Maryland

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: tz, tom, big hurt, who dunnit



Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:14 AM

Actually it's only 5 minutes plus because I have an invisible wall between the flippers.
I suck at playing worse then my boss randr :

"it will all be ok in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end"
 
Monster Bash VP10 WIP https://dl.dropboxus... (vpx)WIP15.vpx

uw2.gif