Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Independence Day VP9.9 [VP 9.x Desktop]


  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:12 PM

Im getting a 'Line 23' script error when loading table

AlienT.isdropped = 1


any ideas?

#22 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Vantaa,Korso (20 km north from Helsinki)

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Thank you,Nealtron! Impressive job as a first table. biggrin.gif
I'll play it,when Aston Villa vs West Ham United is finished.
2-0 to Aston Villa after 1.st half.

Edited by Pin-Pete, 14 August 2010 - 03:15 PM.

Greetings:Petri


#23 pinball buzz

pinball buzz

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 823 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom

  • Flag: United Kingdom

  • Favorite Pinball: TOM



Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

Line 67 script error when loading.

Tried 3 different downloads of the rom file all have certain parts of the rom file missing.
Anyone else got the same ?

Pinball Buzz
Pinball Buzz - Builder of pinball cabs since May 2008.

See my cab pictures here

http://www.flickr.co...s/94649948@N00/
[/size][/size]

#24 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

I noticed that this game has some cencored profanity. Is there a rom that is uncensored? or can I go into the DMD settings to uncensor the game. Beeping is annoying smile.gif

Glad to hear there is going to be an FS version, about how long on that? smile.gif
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link

#25 gordon

gordon

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Location:Schleswig-Holstein/Kiel

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

Thanks, great job

Edited by gordon, 14 August 2010 - 03:55 PM.


#26 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Vantaa,Korso (20 km north from Helsinki)

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Pin-Pete @ Aug 14 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you,Nealtron! Impressive job as a first table. biggrin.gif
I'll play it,when Aston Villa vs West Ham United is finished.
2-0 to Aston Villa after 1.st half.


Aston Villa beat West Ham United 3-0. My fav club is still Manchester United.

Greetings:Petri


#27 moogster66

moogster66

    Pinhead Deluxe

  • VIP
  • 1,277 posts
  • Location:The Hoosier State

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight, Kiss, Black Hole, Gorgar, Centaur



Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:37 PM

I tried to set this up with a uvp, and get a .vbs error.
I don't mind being called a PINHEAD!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!
Posted Image

#28 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Aug 14 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that this game has some cencored profanity. Is there a rom that is uncensored? or can I go into the DMD settings to uncensor the game. Beeping is annoying smile.gif


There is an adult language setting you can turn on and off. Go into the Service Menu (by hitting the 7 key) and it's in the ID4 Adjustments section of the Adjustments section.

#29 mach2

mach2

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:france

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: indy,who dunnit

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:16 PM

Looks great otvclap.gif Thanks Nealtron

#30 billyrjse

billyrjse

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Location:Brazil

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Cavaleiro negro, Medieval Madness, AFM, Elvira Scared Stiff

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:39 PM

Beautiful job Nealtron!!! tup.gif
I'm having problems with the ID4SDU17.400 rom... bad checksum. I downloaded the destrusk's rom and IPDB's roms... but same thing.
Could someone help me, please?
Thanks

Big Thanks to my friend Hassanchop for this very nice dmd.

#31 humid

humid

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 743 posts
  • Location:London Ontario

  • Flag: Canada

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight



Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

The rom is the only one available. It still plays without the missing piece.

This table plays great Nealtron. You have the flippers and slope set just right by me. The nudge is generous enough to make for good saves, and multiball seems as challenging as expected. Lighting is dramatic at the right times, and I like that the playfield isn't too dark. A very fine result for a first effort on a complex layout.
I tawt I gawt a weepway

#32 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Here it is the rom I have. It has the missing rom. Are you using the latest vpinmame? because this rom doesn't give me any errors.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#33 Pin-Pete

Pin-Pete

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • Location:Vantaa,Korso (20 km north from Helsinki)

  • Flag: Finland

  • Favorite Pinball: Pin*Bot,Cyclone

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (jpsalas @ Aug 15 2010, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here it is the rom I have. It has the missing rom. Are you using the latest vpinmame? because this rom doesn't give me any errors.



Thanks! smile.gif

Greetings:Petri


#34 mktower80

mktower80

    Neophyte

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: a lot...

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (wtiger @ Aug 14 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sabbat Moon @ Aug 14 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that this game has some cencored profanity. Is there a rom that is uncensored? or can I go into the DMD settings to uncensor the game. Beeping is annoying smile.gif


There is an adult language setting you can turn on and off. Go into the Service Menu (by hitting the 7 key) and it's in the ID4 Adjustments section of the Adjustments section.


thank´s but how can i move inside the menu??? hitting 7 open it but than i don´t know how i go on :-(

i pressed a key and now on my dmd is an "fskp 0 100% 60/60fps" :-(
i stays and it it anoying me wink.gif

how can i get it away?

i pressed a key and now on my dmd is an "fskp 0 100% 60/60fps" :-(
i stays and it it anoying me wink.gif

how can i get it away?

#35 lettuce

lettuce

    Pinball Fan

  • Silver Supporter
  • 929 posts

  • Flag: England

  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

This table plays very well indeed, excellent job for your first table build, cant wait for the FS version. Any chance of making the FS version have a slightly darker playfield, or even a night mod?

Edited by lettuce, 15 August 2010 - 02:04 PM.


#36 RealApprentice

RealApprentice

    Enthusiast

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 199 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice
  • 360 Gamer Tag: RealApprentice

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

very nice table indeed thx.

#37 panootz

panootz

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Location:Punta Gorda, Florida

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: lots of them

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: panootz
  • 360 Gamer Tag: WoodenPanootz

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

Awsome table Nealtron i played it for almost an hour last night. For me thats a record, thanks very much for the table.

#38 ta2686

ta2686

    Retired ROM Settings Guru

  • VIP
  • 2,324 posts
  • Location:USA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: ONE THAT WORKS!



Contributor

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (mktower80 @ Aug 15 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank´s but how can i move inside the menu??? hitting 7 open it but than i don´t know how i go on :-(


If you look at either the posts on adjusting replay level for DMD tables or balls per game for DMD tables, and click on the link for Data East/Sega Version 3B and Sega/Stern Whitestar tables, you would see the procedure to navigate through the menu system.

I have paraphrased one of those procedures below to show here the way you would navigate through the menu to get to the adjustments section:

1. Press 7 to enter the service portal menu

2. Press the right shift key twice to move the cursor to the adjustment selection (wrench icon)

3. Press 1 key to enter adjustments menu

4. With the cursor on the “Sonic the Hedgehog” icon, press 1 to enter Sega adjustments menu

5. Continue to press 1 until you see the item you want to adjust

6. Using the shift keys, move the cursor to the ‘+’ icon

7. Press the 1 key to set the option to what you want it to be

8. To exit the system, use the shift keys to move the cursor to the ‘QUIT’ icon, then press the 1 key to exit.

Hope this helps you with what you want to do.


Need to set or reset replay levels on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to reset replay levels on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set replay levels on DMD tables

Need to change the number of balls per game on a particular table? These guides will help you:

For Non-DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on non-DMD tables

For DMD tables: Guide to set number of balls per game on DMD tables

Need to adjust the volume on DMD based tables? This guide will help you:

Guide to adjust volume on DMD tables

An alphabetical listing of VPM emulated tables with their MPU and links to their specific replay level, balls per game and volume adjustment procedures can be downloaded as an Excel spreadsheet from this link:

Excel Spreadsheet of VPM emulated tables

#39 Nealtron

Nealtron

    Brilliant Bastard

  • Uploading Member
  • 194 posts
  • Location:Sandy Eggo, California

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Twilight Zone, CFTBL, Haunted House

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Thanks everyone for all your feedback! With your help I'm sure I can fix any issues that may exist.

Looks like there's a few things I need to address, so here goes:

The ball stop behind the Alien Head is due to the gate. I thought I had fixed the issue, but appearantly not. A nudge has always worked for me to get the ball moving again. If anyone has experience creating tables, see if you can change the gate's angle, length or location to stop the problem- I will try the same. Let me know.

As far as ROM and script errors go, you should not be getting those. The ROM can be downloaded here at vpforums or from ipdb.com, the file is called id4.zip. If you get your ROM from ipdb.com, make sure you get the VPinMame ROM, not the other one. I had multiple people test the table before I released it, and nobody reported script errors or issues with the ROM. Make sure you are using Visual Pinball v9.07 or 9.08.
Strike that, use the ROM JPSalas offered!

You can uncensor profanity from the ROM menu. Press 7 to enter the menu, use the flippers to navigate, and press 1 to select.

.vbs error? Make sure to copy B2Bcollision to your tables directory and that you are using the latest sega file.

There is one more thing too. On Meatbundle's real-life table, when a falls down the left ramp drop off, (behind the Alien head), a sequence starting from July 2nd- July 5th starts. Myself and a couple others have been unable to recreate this event. It has something to do with switch 43 which, by itself, does nothing when triggered. When in conjunction with switch 41, (how it is setup now), it locks the ball. I think MeatBundle's table has a different version of the ROM, but I may be mistaken. If anyone can get this sequence to start, please let me know.

I look forward to releasing v1.1 and fixing all issues that exist! At the moment I am out-of-state on a two week vacation, so give me all your feedback & criticism and I'll polish this thing up when I get home!!!

FS MOD will be coming soon! A night MOD? Maybe one of those two!

Enjoy the table and look forward to an updated version in early September.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"


#40 Sabbat

Sabbat

    The Pinball Monk

  • VIP
  • 4,510 posts
  • Location:Aberdeen, WA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Solar Ride, Centaur, Gorgar, Cyclopes, Fathom, Frontier, ElviraATPM, Atlantis, Hang Glider, Mystic, Old Chicago, Ed/Gordon Gottliebs

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: SabbatM
  • 360 Gamer Tag: Mions Hill


Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

Whenever i've fallen behind the aliens head it has always started July 2, July 3, July 4th and thats as far as i've gotten.
If you have a widescreen 16:9 monitor and want to play your VP9 desktop tables without them being stretched, check out This Link