- View New Content
-
Getting Started
-
Tutorials
Tutorial Categories
Tutorials Main Page Installation and Setup Downloadable TutorialsROM Adjustments
Number of Balls Adjustments Volume Adjustments
-
Visual Pinball Tables
VP 8 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP 9 Desktop Tables
All VPM Recreations VP Recreations VP/VPM MODs VP Originals ROMsVP9 Cabinet Tables
All Full Screen Cabinet Full Screen B2S Cabinet Spanned Cabinet Tables Media Packs ROMsVPX Tables
All VPinMAME Recreations VPX- - /VPinMAME - MOD Tables VPX Recreations VPX Originals Media Packs ROMs VR
-
Frontend Media & Backglass
Media Packs
Complete Media Packs Wheel Logos VideosBackglasses
dB2S Animated Backglasses UVP Animated Backglasses Topper Images
- Future Pinball Tables
-
Design Resources
Main Resources
Table Templates Playfield Images Image Library Sound Library Key CodesVP Guides
VP8 Guide - English VP8 Guide - Deutsch VP9 Guide - English VP9.1.x Guide - English VP Object Guide VPM DocumentationFuture Pinball Resources
Playfield Images 3D Model LibraryFuture Pinball Guides
FP Script Guide Big Draco Script Guide FP Table Design Guide FP DMD Guide
- Other Features
- Bug Tracker
- Image Gallery
- Blogs
-
More
Issue with gottlieb sys 1 and 80 after update
Started By
Armyaviation
, Feb 11 2025 02:01 AM
22 replies to this topic
#22
Posted 12 June 2025 - 03:41 PM
Nah. Not so sure I would say that it is strange. nvram is just that. Pinmame emulates writing the settings down to this file, but, who is to say that there is no bugs ? What about if you exit the game abruptly ? I have never looked at pinmame code for that, but I know. It happens from time to time that the nvram isn't saved properly. I remember LONG time ago, when dmdext was a bastard, it crashed pinmame when it tried to exit normally. Ending up with no Grand Champions being registered. There is a whole lot of things that CAN go wrong and ... in this hobby, with so many different actors, there will be oddities going around.
nvram's doesn't take much space - just make a backup from time to time. What I do, is like .... if the game I play is the same. Then the nvram is kept. When Flupper released TWD, old records was deleted but I kept all values like 1 coin for a credit etc.
Then I made a clean backup - just to have it ready in case that want to start fresh. UnclePaulie has often provided nvrams with his tables. I think that is a good idea, the author often knows the machine very well and can come with already optimized settings "well as he sees it at least". I've also provided a few in threads. Recommended settings for tournament play and often also matching the replay scores that the machine-release had on the apron.
From now on. I won't help anyone here at VPF. Please ask Noah why that is.




Top










are all trademarks of VPFORUMS.