Jump to content



Photo
- - - - -

Straight Flush (Williams 1970)[Visual Pinball X]

Straight flush williams 1970

  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:41 AM

Thank you for this excellent table JP and STAT.

 

Plays great.

 

Only thing I wonder.....gameplay is excellent, good flow, good physics, good SSF.
But within 5 or even 6 and 7 balls (got some EB's by completing the Flush) I only got 1 time that the ball got into the hole for the 'arrow-score'. (have no better way to describe it but it is that saucer-hole in the middle of the PF).

May-be the speed is to high it passes over it or may-be the hole is not 'deep' enough or...well, that's what's happening here but apart from that, lovely gameplay!
Thanks!

Yes, that's how I wrote it and it is what I saw in the videos. A direct hit to it will make the ball just go on top of it. It is not easy to get the ball in the hole :)


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#22 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:30 AM

UPDATE

 

1.0.1 Updated 01.02.2020
- Added a legacy mode as requested.
- Made the hole easier to hit.
- changed the lights as suggested by bigus1
- added a match
- remove a test key which gave you an add-a-ball :)

 

This legacy mode is the default one. It is a mix between the add-a-ball and the replay modes. The rules are like this (they are listed also in the table info):

 

*  Making Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten lits Special.

*  Special awards 1 Extra credit.
*  1-Extra Ball for Making 3 Jokers (up to 10 balls can be won)
*  1-Extra Credit for each higher score as shown in the apron card
*  Making  the Ace Lites Left Bottom Rollover to  Score 5000 Points.
*  Making  the Ten Lites Right Bottom Rollover to  Score 5000 Points.
*  Tilt Penalty --- Ball in Play Pluss Loss of Jokers

 

The Special light keeps lit until you loose the ball.

These set of rules are what the VP9 table used, that's why I call it "legacy".

 

If you prefer a pure add-a-ball, a replay or a Novelty set of rules (for completitions) then just change the line 42 : Const SpecialMode = 4 and change the number to the mode you prefer.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#23 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:01 PM

If you downloaded the 1.0.1 table then please redownload it again since the 3 Jokers awarded a credit instead an extra ball. It is not always good to do a last minute changes :)

Now the "legacy mode" should work as intended :)


Edited by jpsalas, 01 February 2020 - 01:45 PM.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#24 The Loafer

The Loafer

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,472 posts
  • Location:Embrun, Ontario, Canada

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Superman, Firepower & Tron



Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

If someone were to take the time, go through all your threads and thank you for each individual contributions, I dare say it would take HOURS just to do so.  Thanks for this release, another excellent JPSalas VP table, another fantastic contribution to our community!



#25 Scorpion

Scorpion

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Location:italy

  • Flag: Italy

  • Favorite Pinball: eight ball deluxe

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

OUR TEAM WORK IS FINISHED FINALLY....thank you, now I have something to do this evening :love39:



#26 Joppnl

Joppnl

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: Where I can put my name on as Grand Champion......

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:42 PM

Thank you for the update JP!

I think the ball gets into the hole now far more realistic, it's still hard but not impossible.

Gameplay is faster then the fastest AfM I've ever played...love it  :otvclap:

 

 

I do notice a few things...might be intentionally...:

 

- with this update the 5 roll-overs on top do reset every ball. No clue what the original one does but on V1.0 they didn't what makes a skill shot efficient while with this new version there is no skill shot as they all reset/turn on at ball start.

 

- I do not get any DOF. Checked the DOF config tool and everything is in there but, as far as I can read the code correctly, it is not in the code is this correct?

 

Thanks again, lovely gameplay!

 

PS: I do notice that when I change the script the table name (and b2s name) into 'straight_flush' DOF is active (for undercab/speaker/buttons lightning, no action from table itself) so it seams to be that both the table_name doesn't comply to the dof_config_tool (rom) name and it's not implemented in the script so far.


Edited by Joppnl, 01 February 2020 - 04:49 PM.


#27 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:10 PM

Yes, there are 4 modes in this table, which you can choose by changing a variable in the script. I explained that in the table info and in the download page. The default mode does that with the top lights, the other 3 modes do not reset the lights. The mode 1 (add-a-ball) was the default in the first version.

 

I'm afraid I know nothing about DOF. I could add some commands, but without knowing what they do then I prefer to do not mess with it.


If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#28 Mr H

Mr H

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

  • Flag: Australia

  • Favorite Pinball: Monsterbash

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:43 PM

Looks good Jp! Looking forward to what the requested tables are! Hopefully another original JP Special?



#29 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:02 AM

UPDATE

 

4.0.0 Updated 08.11.2022
- Updated to my VPX7 physics
- Some small script updates, like the Rolling sound and PlaySoundAt routines.
- Added my latest VPX7 LUT changer to darken the table (hold down LEFT CTRL while change with RIGHT CTRL).
- cleaned up and deleted unused graphics & reduced the size of the table
- Changed the Environment image to enhance the metals and also a little the object shadows.
- Made the light inserts warmer.

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#30 Wudek

Wudek

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Polska

  • Flag: Poland

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 08 November 2022 - 07:15 PM

Great job JP! Thanks a lot!

Just one remark - DOF not working.

Thanks,

Wudek



#31 wiesshund

wiesshund

    VPF Legend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: How many can i have?

Posted 09 November 2022 - 01:12 AM

Great job JP! Thanks a lot!

Just one remark - DOF not working.

Thanks,

Wudek

 

What DOF?
The table has no DOF to work.

If you want to add it and submit the script changes to JP, i am sure he will be more than happy to add it


If you feel the need to empty your wallet in my direction, i don't have any way to receive it anyways

Spend it on Hookers and Blow


#32 leeoneil

leeoneil

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: pro pinball fantastic journey

Posted 09 November 2022 - 06:43 AM

I was planning to make this dof, and space rider too.

I already started some scripting, it it will be probably available this weekend ;)



#33 Wudek

Wudek

    Hobbyist

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Location:Polska

  • Flag: Poland

  • Favorite Pinball: Attack from Mars

Posted 09 November 2022 - 11:53 AM

If you want to add it and submit the script changes to JP, i am sure he will be more than happy to add it

Hi wiesshund, I would love to but so far I am too greenhorn to do that.

Would try to learn but at present can only hope that somebody skilled will support, sorry for that.

Thanks,

Wudek



#34 jpsalas

jpsalas

    Grand Schtroumpf

  • VIP
  • 7,385 posts
  • Location:I'm Spanish, but I live in Oslo (Norway)

  • Flag: Norway

  • Favorite Pinball: I like both new and old, but I guess I prefer modern tables with some rules and goals to achieve.



Posted 16 November 2022 - 09:50 PM

UPDATE

 

4.0.1 Updated 16.11.2022
- DOF commands added by Arngrim and leeoneil
 
Thanks again leeoneil for adding the commands to the table (and to Arngrim too for its early work on this table).

If you want to check my latest uploads then click on the image below:

 

vp.jpg

 

 


#35 leeoneil

leeoneil

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

  • Flag: France

  • Favorite Pinball: pro pinball fantastic journey

Posted 17 November 2022 - 09:06 AM

Thank's JP !

Try the epileptik option (at the beginning of the script) if you want more lights effects (on roll-over, targets, slingshots and bumpers) ;)



#36 digitalarts

digitalarts

    Pinball Fan

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Judge Dredd (have the real one); all virtual EM's

Posted 17 November 2022 - 12:56 PM

Hi leeoneil,
I always use your "epileptik" as true. It's a big plus to undercab complex (btw at my cab undercab is not "under cab" but "behind Backglass") so the wall behind is illuminated with nice colors.
Thanks again for your work, and of course thanks to JP!!!

Edited by digitalarts, 17 November 2022 - 12:56 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Straight, flush, williams, 1970