Jump to content



Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Capcom Kingpin WIP


  • Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#21 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:47 PM

Y'know, I think it should be possible to make that sudden-death mode work. I don't know much about the inner workings of VP/VPM, but the way I see it, the flipper strength is only a variable. So it could be changed over time. If one hits a shot, fine, set it back to regular and re-start the whole process.

Is that possible in VP?

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#22 computerfrk1

computerfrk1

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 555 posts
  • Location:Texas

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Earthshaker

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

i believe that is what I said I have been looking at different scripts and I don't see that it cannot be done if I had the answer I would do it.

#23 destruk

destruk

    VPF Veteran

  • VPF Staff
  • 6,338 posts
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Ultrapin!



Posted 21 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (TheMcD @ Nov 20 2009, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Y'know, I think it should be possible to make that sudden-death mode work. I don't know much about the inner workings of VP/VPM, but the way I see it, the flipper strength is only a variable. So it could be changed over time. If one hits a shot, fine, set it back to regular and re-start the whole process.

Is that possible in VP?

The McD


If you want to figure out how to script it up, go ahead. I tried once, and it's difficult, because you can't simply monitor the flipper power meter lights - they blink, they go solid, they go completely off, and they increase and decrease while blinking during a game, so how do you possibly know when it is accurate, or when sudden death mode is running? When you make a shot, they flash a bit and the meter fills up a bit. What seems to be a simple easy issue is much more complex than you make it out to be.

Build a fire, vipers love the heat.


#24 computerfrk1

computerfrk1

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 555 posts
  • Location:Texas

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Earthshaker

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:18 PM

I wasn't trying to say it would be easy just the concept of it sounds easy

#25 Joe

Joe

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 2,378 posts
  • Location:60016

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: New Stern ones

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:43 AM

how about working on fixing the pinmame part?

#26 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (Edwards80 @ Nov 20 2009, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking forward to the release of this update.

Hope you don't mind but I have posted a snippet about this WIP on my blog - http://1000whenlit.c...worth-watching/


Not a problem, but you could include his partner in your articles.

wink.gif

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#27 PainkillerAlice

PainkillerAlice

    Multi-Level Madman

  • Platinum Supporter
  • 2,685 posts
  • Location:Indiana

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: I like multi-level pinball the most


  • Trophies:

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (UncleReamus @ Nov 19 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheMcD @ Nov 19 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That makes me wonder: Whenever I played the older table, things really didn't seem to work like they were supposed to.

Fr'instance, that "Sudden Death"-esque mode at the end was supposed to have the flippers die at the end of it, but I could keep playing.

Was that a ROM fault (prototype stuff)?


The Sudden Death mode does not work because the power to the flippers is electronically controlled. In the real game, the flippes get weaker in sudden death... I do not believe this is possible in VP or in the VPM emulation.
There were some other problems with the old version that are now fixed; such as the back gates and the direction that locked balls are released durring multiball. There were also a few flashers and lights mixed up.

This version will feel more complete, despite the lack of the sudden death feature. We'll just all have to use our honest flipper fingers when time runs out smile.gif


Heh, we should put up a poll on this site asking if each of us is an honest person or not! biggrin.gif

I could have been smart, but I never learned anything by being smart!

 

 


#28 Hansaplast

Hansaplast

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Favorite Pinball: Monster Bash

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:58 AM

Is it possible to make several copies of each flipper-arm with different strength settings ?
(just an idea, i know as much about scripting as the pope about kite surfing)

#29 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:51 PM

I believe I have figured out the flipper strength feature!

Here's a new screenie...




IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#30 rossicomputers

rossicomputers

    Gustavo

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Location:Boston MA USA

  • Flag: Brazil

  • Favorite Pinball: Black Knight 2000

Posted 30 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

Pretty table...

Anxious for the release...



#31 TheMcD

TheMcD

    Pinball Wizard

  • VPF Staff
  • 2,461 posts
  • Location:Bavaria

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: Frankenstein, Safecracker, Big Hurt, Four Horsemen, Tommy, X-Files

Contributor

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Noice. Looking forward to both this and Champion Pub.

The McD

VPF's resident pinball music fanatic.

The McD's Pinball Music Emporium: YouTube /// MediaFire (old tracks) /// Mega (new tracks)


#32 TedB

TedB

    Pinball Fan

  • Charter Member
  • 715 posts

  • Flag: Netherlands

  • Favorite Pinball: those with non virtual steel balls

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Noah Fentz @ Nov 30 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe I have figured out the flipper strength feature!


Looks like a very nice table. Not too crowded, I am not really into 100's of toys on a playing field, and graphics are great. The flipper strenght feature sounds like a great addition.

Looking forward to another joined effort smile.gif




#33 marv75

marv75

    Master of Nothing

  • Silver Supporter
  • 1,092 posts
  • Location:Ohio

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Awesome Noah and UR just plain awesome! smile.gif
VPF The Premiere Pinball Site








#34 TAB

TAB

    Out of order

  • VIP
  • 2,556 posts
  • Location:Berlin/Germany

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: BOP The Machine



Posted 30 November 2009 - 06:23 PM

Looks very fine smile.gif
Should get 5 stripped Capcom tables at this weekend smile.gif
Rome wan't build in one day wink.gif
Better quality than quantity wink.gif

#35 UncleReamus

UncleReamus

    Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

  • VIP
  • 296 posts
  • Location:San Luis Obispo, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Getaway



Posted 30 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Nice nuts laugh.gif

Posted Image


#36 marv75

marv75

    Master of Nothing

  • Silver Supporter
  • 1,092 posts
  • Location:Ohio

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Addams Family

Posted 30 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Nustt and bolts ya gotta have 'em! smile.gif Especially if they're fine! smile.gif
VPF The Premiere Pinball Site








#37 wtiger

wtiger

    Pinball Fan

  • VIP
  • 1,149 posts
  • Location:Los Angeles, CA

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Junkyard



Contributor

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:48 AM

Looks beautiful guys!

#38 Noah Fentz

Noah Fentz

    'Rasslin' Fan

  • VPF Administrator
  • 12,282 posts
  • Location:South Lyon, MI

  • Flag: United States of America

  • Favorite Pinball: Whitewater

  • PS3 Gamer Tag: noahfentz


Contributor

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

This will be our next release, and it's going to be quick. I've finished the regular GI and have started the red GI. I just need to finish lighting this puppy up and scripting the variable strength flippers, and it'll be released.

I apologize to anyone disappointed that T2's not next, but the lighting effects will take much longer on T2, so I figured I'd finish up Kingpin first.

Updated screeny coming soon.

-Noah

IdleReel.gif RumbleDMD.jpg HS2-DMD.jpg SBM.jpg ww_logo.jpg EK.jpg

 
T2.jpg Sorcerer.jpg Breakshot.jpg Firepower.jpg GorGar.jpg StarTrek.jpg


My Photobucket Resources
Whether You Believe You Can, Or You Can't, You Are Right." - Henry Ford
The future of pinball lives, it just needs to be nurtured!
If you're here to stab me in the back, you're going to have to get in line.


#39 bolt

bolt

    VPF Veteran

  • VIP
  • 5,172 posts
  • Location:Kiel / Schleswig Holstein

  • Flag: Germany

  • Favorite Pinball: JP's Deadpool, Harlem Globetrotters, Spiderman and much more

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for this new info Noah.



Posted Image

#40 Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman

    Pinball Wizard

  • VIP
  • 3,239 posts

  • Flag: ---------

  • Favorite Pinball: Medieval Madness / Champion Pub



Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Great Noah & UR!

Thanks for the update & Happy New Year!

Cheers,
FD.

'Flying Dutchman'

In need for a Backglass or 'Active Backglass / UVP' please 'click' on below and visit the complete revised website at:
Posted Image